It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Congratulates Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Okay I am listening to his speach at 10:48 eastern standard time.

Are you listening to the same speech? Seriously? Are you? And does it thrill you?

Because if it does...well the battle is less than superficial. Yeah McCain may be crazy, but he is real. Your boy is talking about Osama and he is bragging and well...if you believe the spin you and maybe I deserve what comes to us. It is just really really sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A lot of people see this as a sneaky move, but I believe otherwise.

Obama deserves it, after all as little as 10-15 years ago, a man of his nature could have never even come close to securing a nomination.

I believe McCain's intentions are genuine. One has to remember, behind the politics is a person.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Silly rabbits...

McCain's congratulations were both sincere AND for political gain.

You can bank on it.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That's nice that he took campaign funds to put out an ad rather than just a press statement. I want to take it as sincerity made public for the sake of politics.

Since Obama got to go first, McCain could not be too cautious. If he didn't do something like this, would there be a topic "McCain silent on Obama's nomination"? Then if the Obama campaign put out an ad after McCain did nothing, it would just be too late.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Obama deserves it, after all as little as 10-15 years ago, a man of his nature could have never even come close to securing a nomination.

Interestingly, I heard last night that Obama requested a pass to attend the 2000 DNC Convention and was refused. He couldn't even get in. Eight years later, he's the candidate! Amazing, huh?

Originally posted by loam
McCain's congratulations were both sincere AND for political gain.

You are right. Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, now we know why he did it.

He repeatedly bashed Obama for being inexperienced.

Now he picks a woman who doesnt know diddly from squat.

Great psychology.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm

It is refreshing to see such an ad, but the undertone of the ad is very obvious

"tomorrow we'll go back at it"

...so you'll pat him on the ass today, but try to boot him out the door tomorrow?

That makes a lot of sense......Especially when you consider that in order to get the nomination - he was kissing the rear end of the same democrats he now considers the enemy

McCain/Palin 2008
Hypocrisy has a new name

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He should be commended. And, he will be. It was nice and it was polite, and probably, a good thing for McCain to do.

You also mentioned that it would be a good thing for Obama to do. If Obama does it, it will have far less meaning since McCain surprised everyone and did it first. It almost seems obligatory for Obama to do it as well.

I don't recall any other candidates doing this type of thing in previous elections ... do any of you? I think it was a very classy and compassionate thing to do and IMHO, it was a sincere gesture made by a man of great honor and integrity.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join