McCain Congratulates Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is a wonderful ad! I wish they could all be like this.

McCain's Congratulatory Ad

Obama's campaign said it will return the favor.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am sure it was just made to make people think "Wow, what a swell guy that McCain is, congratulating his opponent what class" but a nice gesture is a nice gesture, so at least we'll see one ad from each side that is positive for once.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
More strategic poop.

I dont trust him and he doesnt mean it.

Lovely to look at, after all the swiftboating he's been pulling on Obama

Not to be trusted!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Talk about those that see what they want Heretic!

McCain may be crazy, but he strikes me as very sincere. He believes most of what he says, unlike some others that are sane and very crafty.

BTW Benevolent, I have always loved your avatar. I may disagree with most all of your political statements, but your avatar is quite charming. Thank god politicians cannot use charming avatars!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Read it. Quality. Quality guy. And he (IMHO) is. Problem with the strategy? Cameron did that to Blair, eyes glued to Brown. McCain doing it to Barack, eyes glued to Obama doesn't fit. Just remember the good gesture is to someone nice, so if he's enemy, it's kinda wanna teach you. Let Barack let a true war hero make him a better hero.... sorry, soccer.... sorry, President.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Firs let me say ooooooooooooooooooooooh how adorable and sweet.

Would have a little more credence if he hadn't voted against the MLK holiday.
For those who don't know by the way, today is the anniversary of the "I have a dream" speech.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's a sign that McCains attack adds went way to far, which was obvious in the first place. Now it's backfiring and hes's backing away from that tactic.

No doubt he is also hoping that this is the day where Obama gives in to pressure and counter attacks in a clearly viscious way, like he would.
Then he gets to be pretender to the throne of nice guy.

The thing about mind control is that to successfully control someone else's mind, you must be consistantly in control of your own. When you are a reactionary construct i'ts like building sandcastles in the surf.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Talk about those that see what they want Heretic!

Sorry, I don't get your meaning... I thought it was a very nice gesture. What am I missing?

BTW Benevolent, I have always loved your avatar.

Thanks.
I'm a proud mama.

redled, I'm afraid I didn't understand most of your post. Soccer?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What transparent PR. Soon the swift boat goons will be in full swing and this phony gesture will be long forgotten and the head cutting will begin. If you want to listen to the real campaigning, listen to Rush, Hannity and the other AM radio mouthpieces for the GOP.

Actually McCain may be a nice man but he's not in charge of his campaign.
He is just reading the script for maximum manipulation.

Those Madison Ave. people aren't amateurs. They play for keeps!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree with BH, this add if anything shows some class. McCain offered his congratulations to Obama, which I think is well deserved. That doesn't make up for the other negative adds that he has endorsed, but it is something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am surprised, I have not heard the term "Flip Flop" used to address this.

I recall the phrase being used earlier at every opportunity, and even at inopportune moments. It is curiously notable for it's absence here.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It was a nice gesture...but, that's all it was: a gesture.

Obama will return the favor when McCain accepts the Republican nomination next week.

And, then, politics as usual will resume....and we will all forget about McCain and Obama's "nice gestures" to each other on the nights they accepted their respective nominations.

But, they will both smile and play nice for one ad, then take the gloves off and try to beat the snot out of each other every chance they get. Gotta love American politics.....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why would he not? Good politics. Obama will do the same. The gloves haven't really come off yet. What if Obama shows up in Minnisota to deliver it in person?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Thanks.
I'm a proud mama.

If you produced that georgious creature (as in bred) then I will no longer make snipey comments about your weird pro-obama posts.

Though hmmm... M. Vick....if only we could ask huh?

Yeah, pretend to be confused. Pretend real hard.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Would have a little more credence if he hadn't voted against the MLK holiday.

He eventually apologized for being late to recognize Dr. King's achievements.

Now if that's just a political ploy is debatable.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
If you produced that georgious creature (as in bred) then I will no longer make snipey comments about your weird pro-obama posts.

I didn't breed her myself, but I did do extensive research to find her breeder. I also have her brother. Beautiful Bookends.

Though hmmm... M. Vick....if only we could ask huh?

Again. I am confused. Are you referring to Michael Vick? The sports guy who fought pit bulls? I really don't know what he has to do with this.

Yeah, pretend to be confused. Pretend real hard.

So, you think I'm pretending something. ? I don't know what to say. Sorry.

On topic, I know this is just a gesture. I happen to believe, though, that McCain is a good person. He's just gotten all swept up in the Politicks. And his party will control his every future move. He has sold out. But I think he should have credit where it's due. He didn't have to spend money to make a commercial. He could have spoken his congratulations.

Maybe I'm just feeling all generous and "one-country" from watching the Democratic Convention, but I think McCain should be commended. For THIS action. It doesn't speak to his other actions.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
He should be commended. And, he will be. It was nice and it was polite, and probably, a good thing for McCain to do.

Just like it will be when Obama returns the gesture.

I just hope that people don't try to find a "hidden meaning" in either one of these nice ads. Lord knows, they are the only nice ads we are gonna get in this campaign.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
McCain might have politics that I disagree with but the man is not stupid. he knows his history and he is not a racist. I am sure that somewhere in his patriotic heart, the heart of a man who fought side by side with African American's, that he is delighted that someone who is black has made this achievement a reality.
McCain is bowing to the worst of his party to get them behind him, maybe that is him, but I kind of doubt it. He seems to me to be, ultimately, a fairly decent man. I think he is genuinely proud that his country has done this... nominated an African American for the highest office.
This is historic regardless of your political leaning.

Shut up with pissing match for 15 minutes and enjoy that fact that we, as Americans, are not at backwards and stupid as many in the world portray us.
Be proud to be American.

Then tomorrow morning, feel free to piss your venom all over each other again.

Obs out

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont trust him and he doesnt mean it.

First off, I think that he does mean it sincerely. I think he can play nice that way. I think that he is glad that Obama is the candidate and not Clinton. Obama is a softer target and doesn't have as much bite as Hillary.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
On topic, I know this is just a gesture. I happen to believe, though, that McCain is a good person. He's just gotten all swept up in the Politick.

Yeah McCain has issues. He has a real excuse for ISSUES.

And if you did not breed that beautiful animal, you obviously admire it. So do i.

You and I will never agree, other than the beautiful canine thing, but I do believe we will probably both be alive to see the riots (whichever way it goes....hahaha...happiness...anger....yeah there will be riots...remember this statement...start preparing your excuses now because things will get set on fire : )

new topics

<<   2 >>

join