It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gustav Threatens GOP Convention Plans????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

DENVER — Mindful of the pitfalls of hosting cocktail parties while Gulf Coast residents are being evacuated, John McCain’s campaign suggested Thursday that Republicans could postpone their upcoming national convention in St. Paul if Tropical Storm Gustav makes landfall over the weekend.
elections.foxnews.com...

Hmmmm sounds to me like McCain realizes that Ron Pauls rally is going to affect his little rally and is looking for any excuse to reschedule...maybe Im wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

With all due respect to you and Rep. Paul, I don't think the G.O.P. gives a rate's ace about Paul, his messages, or his followers...unless they'll jump ship and vote McCain-Pawlenty.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

With all due respect to you and Rep. Paul, I don't think the G.O.P. gives a rate's ace about Paul, his messages, or his followers...unless they'll jump ship and vote McCain-Pawlenty.

Hmm for a party that doesnt give a rats ace as you like to say they really did work hard to keep him out of several debates and the republican convention. They must think about him at least some dont you think? I think Pauls rally will make the republican convention look like a party at the senior citizens home.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Why wouldn't they want to exclude him from the debates, for instance? However, his voice was fortunately heard in those debates...to the consternation of ALL the other elephants onstage.

I have a great deal of respect for both Representative Paul and the return to the foundational roots of what conservatism is truly about.

The bigger picture here is how our fellow Americans are so numbingly dumbed-down these days. Like a herd of cattle...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Why wouldn't they want to exclude him from the debates, for instance? However, his voice was fortunately heard in those debates...to the consternation of ALL the other elephants onstage.

I have a great deal of respect for both Representative Paul and the return to the foundational roots of what conservatism is truly about.

The bigger picture here is how our fellow Americans are so numbingly dumbed-down these days. Like a herd of cattle...

Why wouldnt they want to exclude him? Wow I hope that I am misunderstanding you are you are advocating for a communistic or dictatorship style government where you get very few voices to no voices of opposition heard at all. As am American Im disgusted. The fact is Ron Paul is more republican that any one of those guys on the stage. The Republicans do not exist anymore they are neo cons. He was not allowed in the Fox News debate where everyone else was even Guliani who had raised little to no money and didnt even get as many votes as Paul. He was booted from the Tax debate in Iowa which is actually not surprising considering he wants to get rid of the income tax.

You say you want to get back to the roots but yet you say why wouldnt they want to exclude him? Dude he is the only one of ALL the candidates who wants this. I might be misunderstanding you and I hope I am.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
MOD/FSME NOTE:

I would like to remind members that the topic of this discussion is supposed to be how Gustav may alter the Republican Convention.

Not Ron Paul, or debates, so please stay on topic

[edit on 28-8-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join