It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Electronic Voting Report: Mystery and Worry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
As we slid head-long into the "Brave New World" of centralized electronic voting, increasingly disturbing accounts are coming in from the field. Jrenken, a poll worker in San Diego, posted his experiences in the www.nukefreezone.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">NukeFreeZone.net. His chilling summary, thinking of several avenues for fraud and vote tampering, is a deep concern for us all.

www.nukefreezone.net... We had another technical problem later in the day, when a voter reported that his summary screen (the last step before casting the ballot) was blank. I confirmed that it was; everything else seemed normal, and the boxes were checked next to each candidate on the ballot, but there wasn't anything on the screen where the votes should have been listed. I moved the voter to another station, chalking it up to a card programming error, and kept checking on that station. Another voter had the same problem shortly afterwards, and I closed the station. It appeared to have recorded all of the votes properly, but I can't be 100% certain. If it hadn't recorded some data, there wouldn't have been anything that we could do. Again, the troubleshooter hotline didn't send anyone out; we only had a few more hours to go, and still had four machines working. This blog entry is getting some degree of nation attention on the NukeFreeZone. I encourage all AboveTopSecret.com members to stop by and post your well-thought concerns. Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussions Electronic Voting ELECTION THEFT - the history of, and Bush trying it on again 2004 Post your 2004 Predictions Election Judge Was an Outspoken Critic of E-Voting What is the true purpose of the Electoral college? Diebold issues Cease and Desist to Indymedia Voting Machine Unrigging - HAVA & Voter Confidence Acts

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
After hanging chads, dimpled chads, mutiple chads, why is it a surprise that the
very next phase will be software chads. Plus, if there is error in the software,
a simple documentation of the error turns it into a feature. You can't do that
with paper chads. Also the computer can vote without you, thus voters are
the next group replaced by cpu chads, and you thought a chad was a minor
thing. ....... only chadding you....I mean kidding you.

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i really am all for technology, but I do not trust these computer voting terminals.

Especially after Lockheed Martin buys out ACS, a voting machine company, last year. What business does a defense contractor have with voting machines? I dunno, you tell me.

join