It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can't see the base Zorgon. I see a strange thing on the right sticking upward, but no base. What is that on the right?

A base on Mars would be an amazing discovery, not one I feel made by on the web, more likely by the person who analysed the original transmission thus rendering all images censored and not available on the internet. People would be killed for this image, wouldn't they?

If it were real, I think it would not be man made.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
'

The above photo clearly shows that once again, people have jumped to unneeded conclusions.

There is nothing there. It doesn't even look square anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Thank you for the image. Clears that one up then.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

It was posted on a previous page, I just reposted it to make the point that it has been debunked as anything other than terrain.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

According to your picture, I will accept that that is not an airport, but also according to your picture, what is that thing in the bottom left corner?

It looks like a pond of some substance.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
What always fascinates me about these threads is the level of psychological denial involved in saying "I see nothing artificial".

Straight lines and a full circle, but still they say "nothing to see here".

Oh, come now. There's a huge difference between geometric and artificial. I agree that anybody who can't see geometric shapes may be in denial, or have some kind of perceptual disability. But I haven't seen anything undeniably artificial -- created by an intelligence -- on Mars except the stuff we humans put there.

Meteors create circular craters. Erosion from wind and water and lava and earthquake fracturing creates regular ripples and straight lines and perfectly shaped little cones and a lot of other very nice geometric shapes.

But if you think some kind of intelligence was responsible for creating any specific feature, please step forward and provide that evidence. Something that goes beyond, "Well, it's obvious!" Because folks like me need a little more than somebody's subjective opinion of what it obvious and what is not.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
First of all, I'm posting anonymously because I don't plan to frequent these forums and don't care to register. I'm not hiding behind a veil of anonymity, I'm just lazy. Second, you people either need medication or a more productive hobby. Yes, I believe there's other life in the universe. No, it's probably not on mars, or even in this solar system (at least not intelligent life anyway). Taking every anomalous photograph and deciding it was built by sentient lifeforms serves only to make people think you are crazy.

The entire idea of an human made structure on mars is patently preposterous, even more so when you start claiming it was built in the 50s or so (I saw at least one post suggesting it was). The limitations of technology are pretty hard evidence to the contrary. Are you suggesting that the government (or some other force at work, I'm unfamiliar with these delusions) has suppressed advanced computer technology for 50+ years? Or perhaps you're suggesting interplanetary travel without computer assistance? A trajectory that's off course by an arcsecond could miss Mars by millions of kilometers. They also would have had to launch dozens of rockets without being noticed, back when such things were alien to the general populace and would be massively conspicuous. I guess nobody noticed stockpiles of rocket fuel, launch platforms or factories required to build everything required for such a project. Then when they got to Mars, I guess they set up a mining and refinery plant with only the hugely limited resources afforded by what they could carry, and not only built the structures on mars, but produced the raw materials necessary to do so as well. Oh, and being at the equator, they're also magically conjuring up drinking water and air. Never mind that it would take a small army to accomplish this, along with hundreds, or even thousands, of launches from earth.

What about the sheer number of people that would have been involved with such a project. It took literally hundreds of thousands of people for the Apollo missions, and that's just the moon. Do you really think that somebody managed to cover up that many people? What, did they just kill them all? Do you think hundreds of thousands of people are going to keep quiet about this kind of thing? There's not one shred of evidence for any of this except for some odd pictures, and those only qualify as evidence of your delusions.

I'm sure you get Occam's Razor thrown at you all the time, but I've never seen a more appropriate time to do so. Massive conspiracy dating back half a century involving interplanetary space travel without the assistance of advanced digital computers without a single credible information leak from any of hundreds of thousands of people ad no witnesses of which the goal was to build structures on Mars for apparent human habitation by either transporting massive quantities of raw materials from earth or setting up a mining and refinery process on mars prior to a habitat being constructed thousands of miles from any known water source on Mars (I could keep going but this is getting out of hand).... Or, you're seeing shapes in the clouds.

Schizophrenia at its finest.

I realize this thread has been dormant for a week, I am behind.
I also realize that I am responding to an anonimous poster and he will not know I responded to his post. But here it goes.

First the issue of the technology: You say they would've needed a stockpile of jet fuel and hundreds of launches. Then ask if they had some secret technology that you don't know about.

My answer is, "anti-gravity." They've been working with it since before WW2. It was one of the excuses for the foo fighters. and Tesela and Einstein both experimented with it, and as we know, both of their experiments are mainstream now.

Second: You talk about the man-power. You say it took hundreds of thousands of

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fluffynub

Sorry, I ran out of room on my last post. so I took the oppertunity to use your acc. for the rest of the reply.

Anyhow. you say it took hundreds of thousands of people to launch the apollo missions, and there's no way we could send that many people to mars without someone noticing them.

I say it only took one thousand to actually do the job. and another hundred thousand to pat each other on the back.

You'd probably be amazed what a crew of five or six hundred guys could build.
As for people noticing them missing. You're right about that. People would notice thousands of Americans or European people missing, but a few thousand Mexicans or Africans, nobody would even notice.

And as for getting them to Mars; Didn't they fit a hundred slaves in each boat back in the day. They could probably fit a few thousand in that ship that flew over Pheonix.

Finally, you ask, "Why."

Well, what happens if there is a commet, or a plate shift, or a plague, or a nuclear war, or some other planet wide disaster.

Wouldn't it make sence for the richest of the rich to have a safe haven on some other planet?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by president

It's not my photo, but I am sure all you're seeing is dirt and/or CO2 Ice on the corner, but I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great pic Zorgon!

*2nd line*

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Why of course the base belongs to us. Along with all of your other base. That also belongs to us.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

All your base are belong to US.

-------

Really guys? That picture is a stretch... to put it nicely. I'm all for something to debate, but this is really just wishful thinking.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join