It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiamanicus

Did you look at the follow-up picture? It's just the natural surface of Mars, it is not a structure of any type. Take a look up the page here.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Wait a minute. so people got flamed all through the thread for saying that all they saw were natural shapes. Now I am getting a snide remark about how there are not structures? Is anyone polite here?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Greetings Zorgon

I would just call this another picture of large rocks on the surface of another planet or moon but the diamond and circle shapes is what makes me think that Zorgon may have something here. Great find Zorgon!!! Order66, that in my opinion looks like it could be some sort of ship or craft. So I would say that the shape under the diamond may by a landing pad...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

Jade....(love your sig)

Zorgon has, again, astounded everyone with a great find. Some flamed because his choice of title (even though I'm a big Science Fiction fan even I didn't go there) but, still...the data stands on its merit.

To use an example....how many 'Man-made' structures here on earth would be photographed from an alien orbiting satellite in order to look for evidence of a civilization....or intelligent 'builders'??

Well.... from the perspective of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) we are told that....with the human eye, unaided....the Great Wall of China can be seen.

BUT....with the aid of some optics....much more detail can be seen.

To this topic, and I hope someone will come along to answer this: Photos supplied from NASA must be cleared, before being released for public consumption. Yet, we find evidence of angular structure (possibly)....even if it's blurry.

Question: Is this really an above-ground human base? Or...a very, very ancient structure from a past civilization??

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is a classic example of the mind playing tricks with a photo taken from a serendipitous angle.

The image provided by armap is worth reposting as it shows that the area has nothing to suggest built structures, and the apparent complex that zorgon delineated is a trick of angle and lack of definition.

So again, armap's image:

Zoom in, look around, and you'll see that appearances are, in this case, deceiving.

Again folks.. here is visible proof it is not an alien ship or base / building of any kind, please check this out.

And to the fellow above, you are not talking to me are you? I wasn't being snide.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Don't suppose any one finds it interesting that every time someone finds a great anomaly NASA et all send a ship to rephotograph it like they did with Cydonia?

Well seeing as this thread has turned into a bashing fest... I think its time to pull another one out of the hat...

We will see what you can do with this one...

I promise I will make a better more 'accurate' title so as not to offend those who are so touchy. But seriously... have some decaf before looking

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
To this topic, and I hope someone will come along to answer this: Photos supplied from NASA must be cleared, before being released for public consumption. Yet, we find evidence of angular structure (possibly)....even if it's blurry.

Question: Is this really an above-ground human base? Or...a very, very ancient structure from a past civilization??

I really don't want to link to it or anything. But you can search the term "ISIS" at the LANL website. It is a program with algorithms that search our for such shapes in images. From what i understand, either ir or one ike it also will "scrub" a file. But it is only advertised as a tool that will highlight such anomolies.

Why would they make a program to highlight it (at what they admit is a LOT of effort) if they didn't already expect to find such things?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75 i do not know why you feel i am here to argue just to argue.

I would say that this post of yours proves that without any help from me.

The only reason you asked me about my use of Alternative 3 in the OP title is so you could attack it later, which you did. Not sure what your agenda is but have fun

Welcome to ATS you will fit in well

[edit on 30-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Not me....no snide here.....move along, move along!!!!

No, I think you are referring to another member.

"Cone of probability" Wish I had taken that as a screenname, but I'm stuck with the one I have.

Back...I'd really like to know if what Zorgon found is what it seems to be, or is something else.

Reason I say is....according to Z's own data, it's near the equator of Mars. SO....that means, since Mars is a lot like Earth, just slightly farther away from the Sun...and by saying Mars is a lot like Earth, I meant....it's smaller, of course, but it rotates about its axis in (about) 24 hours....has an axial tilt, very similar to Earth's.....and its orbit about the Sun is....just about twice the Earth year. SO, a human, evolved on Earth, could adjust very well on Mars.

The real problem is....the Sun is still providing the same cosmic radiation, even out there....but Mars lacks the protective atmosphere and magnetic shield that Earth has....so, any long-term base would have to have protection....and the easiest 'protection' would be to go underground.

Back to the 'equator'....it's warmer there. BUT, it is also exposed to more radiation....but, underground might be the answer.

NOW....a huge structure on the surface??? Well, there has to be a way in and out, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Did you look at the follow-up picture? It's just the natural surface of Mars, it is not a structure of any type. Take a look up the page here.

It was me. I assumed this was snide. It just came across as rude, to question if I had read back as far as one post?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to be snide, just pointing out that it was a natural formation, not a structure of any type, and that perhaps some folks missed the picture of it, that's all.

As far as the going back to take pictures thing, that's not terribly surprising. Perhaps they see what you see mate, when you scrutinize these, and say "hmm.. what in the hell is THAT?".. and so go back to check it out. I don't think it's anything devious or covert, just trying to see what they have.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Well my bad then. I saw your picture. I read the entire thread. I also saw the pages worth of tounge lashings some people got for saying it looked natural. So I was surprised to agree with the majority of angry people that see something and get "did ya even see my pic?"

I took it the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

So, I guess we need something like a "Google Mars" in order to understand what we're seeing??

www.google.com...

like this?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So, I guess we need something like a "Google Mars" in order to understand what we're seeing??

Well since your a pilot you might be able to get around here...

The 'Color-MDIM1 Merged' is the best

www.mapaplanet.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oooooh! That's nice. Thanks!

AND, it's from the USGS, no less. (I think the martians could do better....but, Uncle Martin did crash here and had to hide out at Tim's place...)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I see Doozers, I see their tracks, and I can see several of their unfinished buildings. The only question now is, where on Mars would they get radishes?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by samael93
I see Doozers, I see their tracks, and I can see several of their unfinished buildings. The only question now is, where on Mars would they get radishes?

Well...if I remember correctly, the radishes grew on in the Gorge's garden. Now if we can locate their little caste/shack, then we can solve that mystery.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You got a star for this post? Ridiculous...

:shk:

You can't even get your vegetables correct... its not RADISHES its ASPARAGUS

DO try to pay attention to whats going on in the world hmm?

Martian Soil Could Grow Asparagus

“There’s nothing about it that would preclude life. In fact, it seems very friendly,” said mission scientist Samuel P. Kounaves of Tufts University. “We were flabbergasted.” Kounaves said that the soil was similar to what people would find in their back yards on Earth and that if organic material was added, “you could probably grow asparagus, but not strawberries”

MARS PHOENIX LANDER

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You got a star for this post? Ridiculous...

:shk:

You can't even get your vegetables correct... its not RADISHES its ASPARAGUS

DO try to pay attention to whats going on in the world hmm?

Martian Soil Could Grow Asparagus

“There’s nothing about it that would preclude life. In fact, it seems very friendly,” said mission scientist Samuel P. Kounaves of Tufts University. “We were flabbergasted.” Kounaves said that the soil was similar to what people would find in their back yards on Earth and that if organic material was added, “you could probably grow asparagus, but not strawberries”

MARS PHOENIX LANDER

i understand your getting all upset but he said radishes because that is what the doozers used to make the material they built their structures with.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I didn't do the star....but that is SOOOO off topic.

Really, I'd think the Mars base would be underground. Just like the DUMBs here on Earth....but for different reasons, of course.

Or, maybe not....hiding on Earth would entail being underground, yes?

Underground on Mars would entail being protected from the cosmic rays, that batter the planet, without the atmosphere Earth has to protect it.

Geez! Am I gonna have black helicopters and black SUVs and MIBs breaking down the front door now?? My roommates are gonna kill me!! (Unless the MIBs do first, of course)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join