It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So to get back on topic. . . That second picture posted by ArMap. It now looks like the ground has givin way leaving the box like structures sticking up proud of the surrounding landscape. Could this happen? s occur on the red planet?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

well if i'm not mistaken, z is a believer in the "ancient astronaut" approach to sentient life on the planet. so naturally, if he saw news articles that supported that theory, he would keep them for research purposes. i have a somewhat different take on it but agree that there's just as much of a chance for ETs that look human as ETs that don't, and many variations inbetween.

i think you suffer with fear of your own imaginative capabilities. scientists, especially theoretical physicists, tinker in this area all the time. you couldn't possibly arrive at a theory to investigate without a premise, no matter how far fetched it might seem to someone else.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Even if "thousands of people who worked on a project wanted to reveal it, the national security letters that one signs to be "allowed" to work, as well as the accompanying threats, will prevent practically all from revealing ANYTHING......I know, I have signed them.......

If the few that might talk do, they are the ones that will be branded as insane, past drug users (evidence included) or property seized by the IRS......

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon my boy I cant tell if you are being facetious, sarcastic or dead serious. I truly hope you are being facetious or at the least sarcastic. To think that one would put much stock in individuals who claim to be Venetians..well... a trip to the funny farm might be in order should said person truly believe in such drivel.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
According to the information they have on the page, this is the direction of the sunlight.

ArMaP the angle of the sun is for the map projected copy the images I use are the high res NON projected ones so the orientation is not the same...
Dis you take that into account?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Here it is detailed...

Nice, very nice indeed Zorgon.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why is the green on the right and the red on the left highlighted? Those don't seem extroidinary in the least. The more obvious 'shapes' are the ones that imo, seem out of place. But those could very well be natural.

I think I'll have to take a trip to the red rocks national park soon. Take a whole bunch of photographs. Then circle and highlight all the skulls, houses, and aliens I find in them. Perhaps once I do that, people will perhaps realize that these things can occur quite naturally. Almost (and completely straight) edges, circles, rectangles, these DO occur quite naturally.

I don't mind stretching my imagination to try to accept that could be something out of the ordinary. But I must take logic and common sense into account. However, I have a feeling many folks assume that it can ONLY be a man-made or alien structure. They don't assume it might be a natural formation. Biased logic never works very well in science.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

The crowned face is not an accident that could ever be achieved by anything in nature. It is an incredible work of art. I am an artist, and can capture a likeness easily. This is far more beautiful than mount rushmore's monuments. If the wind could produce such a thing, it would be magic and only possible if fairies and elves were doing it!
Edit to add: I do not believe in faires and elves!!!

[edit on 30-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

I think its humanoid because it looks humanoid. And I'm always surprised when people assume alien life wouldn't appear human. I always imagined in the universe as a whole that there would be a diversity of sentient life, but still countless humans, as I believe life has a blueprint for development. So insects, reptilians, birds, mammals and ultimately primates would exist on countless worlds that have the right conditions.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by dreadphil

I'm not sure what others consider definitive evidence, but I consider this 100% definitive, beyond the shadow of a doubt, and explainable in no other way, evidence of at least intelligent past life on Mars, that is humanoid:

This is one of the webpages concerning it and others, translated that includes at the bottom the actual nasa links: look here

You don't need to go that far. There are 'faces' galore right here on ATS!

Image Enhancements by Kevin Klettke and Eric C. Lausch
Colorization by Keith Laney

This is a picture of gullies on the walls of a meteor impact crater in the Newton Basin in Sirenum Terra, MARS.
The crater is at 42.4S, 158.2 W.
Resolution is 1.5 meter (5 feet) per pixel.
Courtesy: alienshift

Cheers!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i dont think we can say this is a base or something else cuz all i see is some hole on mars's ground. The picture are not enough detailed to really say that this is a base or something else.But i wanna thank you about this found its not that bad its still something at else good job !!! And sorry for my englidh its not my native language

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That is an exciting thing. That's hot.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
What always fascinates me about these threads is the level of psychological denial involved in saying "I see nothing artificial".

Straight lines and a full circle, but still they say "nothing to see here".

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Straight lines and a full circle, but still they say "nothing to see here".

Well I have a different theory... in the "Egyptian Statue on Mars" thread we established that they all did indeed see what looked like a statue carved in the rock... even when they said 'yeah but is only a rock'

I am willing to bet many who say otherwise do indeed see what we are talking about, they just can't wrap their mind around the implications...

In my opinion of course

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm becoming very interested in Mars, so either I could Google it, or you could help out.

Google Mars?

How long does that take to download?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
My biggest issues are how on the one hand, we have multiple stories of how the government goes out of their way to hide all details of anything regarding aliens, ufos, etc. They coverup, they ignore, they refuse to pass on information, they feign ignorance at every turn. And yet then they allow release of critical information proving they exist to the public.

Why? I hear constantly about how NASA themselves try to coverup crucial information. But then they release photos of alien structures? Something does not add up.

I see it as contamination, the real images get mixed up in the torrent of crap people find and label as buildings and ruins etc. The people who believe accept it could be although not very clear, the skeptics claim its pixels and rocks and leads to us all arguing and name calling, IMO, it's quite beatiful. No one has definitive answers, only their assumptions and perceptions, so we're mostly just chasing our tails. Try and see it form 'their' point of view.

Sorry if this has been said, as I am still reading.

EMM

p.s. who the hell said they can't see the logic in the government keeping this technology underwraps to abuse it for themselves? There are wars going on now for oil in fields, these guys could be running around moons and planets claiming resources.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Do you not agree that people automatically look for faces and familiar shapes in the things they see? Do you really believe that nature could not shape a landscape so that at a certain angle, elevation and under the right lighting conditions, looks like a face?

You have seen the 'Mars face' from all the other angles, right? All the ones from which it looks not even remotely like a face, but instead a natural feature?...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
LOL, I finished!!!

I lost hope for a few pages there, turned into a real time killer. From what I saw from the original image, it looked like a building, I saw 2 'squares' stacked on top of each other, at different angles, with, what looked like a hole in the middle. This immidiately reminded me of human design, bauhaus style...sort of.

Then ArMap posted his picture, alot clearer and it does lose it's bauhaus feel, but could still be a building IMO, just seems more inlaid into the rock.

Gonna look up that Venusian story now, remember reading about it a while ago, but I can't remember most of it now, but honestly, who can say that they aren't or are? it would only be an assumption on their part based on their 'idea' of logic, we only have the claim.

Good thread, for the most part

Star and flag.

EMM

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
reply to post by mystiq

Do you not agree that people automatically look for faces and familiar shapes in the things they see? Do you really believe that nature could not shape a landscape so that at a certain angle, elevation and under the right lighting conditions, looks like a face?

You have seen the 'Mars face' from all the other angles, right? All the ones from which it looks not even remotely like a face, but instead a natural feature?...

like these?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

Exactly like that, yes, thank you!

I'm sure I saw a GIF once that had a 3D view moving through several pitch angles that showed very well that it was just a natural formation...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join