It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Those would all be humans. What evidence is there that they are aliens other than stories? I'd be interested in the sources on that one. I'm all for alien life elsewhere, but the chances of them looking exactly like humans seems pretty slim to me unless they come from a planet very much like earth. Mars and Venus are not like Earth, and if they ever were, it was too long ago for inhabitants from those planets to look the same as they ever did...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

And I say photos because while everybody was insulting everybody else I went looking for other photos of that area.

Well done but I have to say that the object doesn't look as impressive in your picture. Could it be normal?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
reply to post by zorgon

Those would all be humans. What evidence is there that they are aliens other than stories? I'd be interested in the sources on that one. I'm all for alien life elsewhere, but the chances of them looking exactly like humans seems pretty slim to me unless they come from a planet very much like earth. Mars and Venus are not like Earth, and if they ever were, it was too long ago for inhabitants from those planets to look the same as they ever did...

What evidence is there that a planet HAS to be Earth-like in order for life on it to look human?

You would have to know for a fact that life exists elsewhere in the universe for you to say that and present it as a fact, right? Do you know this to be a fact and have anything at all to back that up with?

In all honesty, you don't have that proof and can't actually say they're humans. See how I took your Zorgon debunk and threw it right back at you to show how you're doing the same thing you're accusing him of?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

If it was the other way it would be surprising.

People thought this interesting because of the way it looks on the first photo, if the first photo to appear was the second people would not be so enthusiastic about it.

This second photo is only from 2005 while the first is from 1998.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
What evidence is there that a planet HAS to be Earth-like in order for life on it to look human?

You would have to know for a fact that life exists elsewhere in the universe for you to say that and present it as a fact, right? Do you know this to be a fact and have anything at all to back that up with?

In all honesty, you don't have that proof and can't actually say they're humans. See how I took your Zorgon debunk and threw it right back at you to show how you're doing the same thing you're accusing him of?

Nope. Do you? Does he?

I'm not a biologist, but it has been my understanding that animal species have been shaped through evolution, and we intern have evolved from some form of ape. For other life to exist (and I beleiev it does for statistical reasons, if nothing else), and to look exactly like us, it would require the same, or a very similar lineage of apes and the predeccesor species, right back to that primodial ooze.

Strikes me as odd that the same long chain of evolution happened on two plantes with different environments.

And yes, I see 'what you did'. However I think it was misguided. Do you agree with him, or did you just want to point out you think I was doing the same thing as I said he was? And I wasn't. I'm not the one putting up pictures of what, to me, are human beings and saying that they are in fact aliens, without any evidence in support of this...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

oh this is a good image! there's some very interesting detail in it. have i seen this one before? i don't think i have!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

dont worry, i get it now. you believe soooooooo severely whatever you believe that anyone with a question, just a simple question, is apparently attacking you. however rude anyoe might have taken my first post to be, the first response i got back was far worse than anything i said and noone can dispute that. that was my welcome to this thread. thanks a bunch. i do not know why you feel i am here to argue just to argue. i actually was asking questions but if you refuse to answer them, then what choice do i have but to speculate.

"Alternative 3" was a television production made by writers, producers, actors. it was a fiction. so i am asking if there is a completely different one than that because it seems that you are referencing the very hoax of which i speak. now, aside from not seeing any buildings, if this is all based on a fake film from a few decades back, then i know to move on. instead i get sucked into your people's mind games. and now i see pictures of venutians????? seriously???? dont worry, you can all go back to your imaginary world. i never would have intruded had i had a clue you were not serious to begin with. thanks for attacking me for asking, and thanks for taking so many pages to reveal your true colors. have fun, kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75
reply to post by zorgon

dont worry, i get it now. you believe soooooooo severely whatever you believe that anyone with a question, just a simple question, is apparently attacking you. however rude anyoe might have taken my first post to be, the first response i got back was far worse than anything i said and noone can dispute that. that was my welcome to this thread. thanks a bunch. i do not know why you feel i am here to argue just to argue. i actually was asking questions but if you refuse to answer them, then what choice do i have but to speculate.

"Alternative 3" was a television production made by writers, producers, actors. it was a fiction. so i am asking if there is a completely different one than that because it seems that you are referencing the very hoax of which i speak. now, aside from not seeing any buildings, if this is all based on a fake film from a few decades back, then i know to move on. instead i get sucked into your people's mind games. and now i see pictures of venutians????? seriously???? dont worry, you can all go back to your imaginary world. i never would have intruded had i had a clue you were not serious to begin with. thanks for attacking me for asking, and thanks for taking so many pages to reveal your true colors. have fun, kids.

Why don't you give it a rest? Page after page of you having a go at Zorgon. . . it's becoming really boring! If you want to argue with someone go down to the pub and pick a nark at the bar.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

what is wrong with you??????
i am not arguing with anyone. i am asking a question, is this the same alternative 3??????

IS THIS THE SAME ALTERNATIVE 3??????

having trouble reading it or figuring out how to say yes or no??????

it is sooooooooooooooooooo easy to just pick one. keep insulting me, and lambasting me for having the nerve to question anything on ATS, and yes, i get more and more obnoxious.

THERE IS A REAL EASY WAY TO GET ME TO GO AWAY!!!!

listenng???? anyone???

this is all it takes.

is this thread about the same alternative 3 that the fake british 'documentary' was about?

do i have to ask i several languages????????

that is all i want?

got it?

can anyone answer it or not??????????????????????

guess how annoying i am when my question is answered and i go away???

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

i'm going to go out on a limb and say, yep, that's probably the same alternative 3. but in this case, he's using it comparatively, which suggests that he thinks they may be building on it for future purposes, such as planetary-wide catastrophe. it's hypothetical, comparative, and has potential considering the potential for planet wide catastrophe and the equally valid hypothetical that the human race strives to survive. proof? we don't got. possibility? sure, why not? do you think the leaders, scientists and so forth, would go down with the ship if they had the ability to make life rafts and an escape route in advance?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

Nope. Do you? Does he?

I'm not a biologist, but it has been my understanding that animal species have been shaped through evolution, and we intern have evolved from some form of ape. For other life to exist (and I beleiev it does for statistical reasons, if nothing else), and to look exactly like us, it would require the same, or a very similar lineage of apes and the predeccesor species, right back to that primodial ooze.

Strikes me as odd that the same long chain of evolution happened on two plantes with different environments.

And yes, I see 'what you did'. However I think it was misguided. Do you agree with him, or did you just want to point out you think I was doing the same thing as I said he was? And I wasn't. I'm not the one putting up pictures of what, to me, are human beings and saying that they are in fact aliens, without any evidence in support of this...

Never said I did and I'll admit I don't

And it wasn't misguided. You tried debunking him with nothing to back up what you presented as a fact. The same thing you accused him of doing and something the debunkers here love to do. All I did was point that out because I'm getting a little sick of so many debunkers here doing that to us.

@Azrael75

Please just give it a rest already. He answered your question a long time ago. He might have answered you later than you liked, but he did in fact answer the question.

About Alternative 3. Everyone knows the show that aired was a fake. If you bothered to do any real research (seriously, 30 minutes with a Google search will tell you everything), a lot of very credible people have said it was a show based on fact. Disinformation incase you don't understand that either.

Mintwithahole is right. This is getting very boring now. You're acting very immature about this whole thing. You took the smallest issue and made it out to be a lot worse than it is. It's just pathetic and sad how far you're taking it. From this point on, you're on my ignore list. Your real purpose here is to just take this thread off-topic with your pathetic tantrums towards Zorgon. You have a lot of growing up to do IMHO and I hope others start putting you on ignore as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

what is wrong with you??????
i am not arguing with anyone. i am asking a question, is this the same alternative 3??????

IS THIS THE SAME ALTERNATIVE 3??????

having trouble reading it or figuring out how to say yes or no??????

it is sooooooooooooooooooo easy to just pick one. keep insulting me, and lambasting me for having the nerve to question anything on ATS, and yes, i get more and more obnoxious.

THERE IS A REAL EASY WAY TO GET ME TO GO AWAY!!!!

listenng???? anyone???

this is all it takes.

is this thread about the same alternative 3 that the fake british 'documentary' was about?

do i have to ask i several languages????????

that is all i want?

got it?

can anyone answer it or not??????????????????????

guess how annoying i am when my question is answered and i go away???

Oh dear! I can't speak for zorgon but as far as I'm concerned its not the same base for the reasons you've mentioned a dozen or more times. I took the remark to be a play on words or a pun because the Beeb based their Alternative 3 on Mars and this picture appears to show something that could be interpreted as a base of sorts.
If you ask once and get no reply to a question, it might be that you've been overlooked. Ask a dozen or more times and get no reply and it''s obvious that the reason you're not getting an answer to your question is because he doesn't want to converse with you.
Now get a grip and give it a test.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I was lookling like mad for a image like that on the HiRise web site, the IAS View download does not work anymore so I did a search for images from that chasm with no luck. Nice work!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

ok sorry, just wanted to know where we were basing this. i guess i just have a hard time buying a story that is completely built on a fictional tv production. that is like writing the biography of the blair witch or expalaining the biology of E.T. but that is just my opinion. just wanted to know if this was somehow based one some other completely coincidentally named story of a base on mars. then since i was attacked and never answered but met with quite the voracious defense, i assumed i must have hit a nerve by mentioning "hoax." i thought it was common knowledge that was a hoax, i guess not. sorry for stepping all over this completely baseless thread and not seeing the base in the picture of squggly lines and craters.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Never said I did and I'll admit I don't

And it wasn't misguided. You tried debunking him with nothing to back up what you presented as a fact. The same thing you accused him of doing and something the debunkers here love to do. All I did was point that out because I'm getting a little sick of so many debunkers here doing that to us.

Please don't call me a debunker, I don;t like mindset that that implies. I'm not here to blindly say 'It's all lies and rubbish!'. I'm here to learn and offer my opinion, and debate.

But, rethinking it, I can see what you were doing and why. I apologise for the misguided comment.

However, may I ask your opinion as to the expliantion I posted of my reasoning?...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Vector J]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Ask a dozen or more times and get no reply and it''s obvious that the reason you're not getting an answer to your question is because he doesn't want to converse with you.
Now get a grip and give it a test.

if only he were NOT replying. he replied plenty if you were paying attention. did he ever answer my question??? hmmm if not, then what were all his replies about????? oh yes, angry vitriol. had he just ignored me, i probably would have wandered off bored. but instead i was offered a swing at the main event himself after dodging the question over and over yet still jabbing at me from the shadows. and now that i clearly stated it must be that hoax, he goes away. and i got what i needed so i could care less. i didnt come here to fight. this overly defensive attitude just made one out of nothing. you all also went a long way to make me go from curious about the pics to convinced they are nothing so good job there. like i said, HE DID NOT IGNORE ME, he just refused to actually answer my question.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

HE DID NOT IGNORE ME, he just refused to actually answer my question.

Which is his right..

So stop discussing the member and start discussing the topic..

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

"if only he were NOT replying. he replied plenty if you were paying attention. did he ever answer my question??? hmmm if not, then what were all his replies about????? oh yes, angry vitriol. had he just ignored me, i probably would have wandered off bored. but instead i was offered a swing at the main event himself after dodging the question over and over yet still jabbing at me from the shadows. and now that i clearly stated it must be that hoax, he goes away. and i got what i needed so i could care less. i didnt come here to fight. this overly defensive attitude just made one out of nothing. you all also went a long way to make me go from curious about the pics to convinced they are nothing so good job there. like i said, HE DID NOT IGNORE ME, he just refused to actually answer my question."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're happy now? I have to admit to being slightly credulous that you thought an intelligent guy would post a picture of a suspicious object on Mars and claim that it was the base mentioned in a relatively poor spoof documentary shown on the Beeb decades ago!
To be honest, if you had asked me that question I would have thought you were just taking the p*ss!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
hey look, i am very sorry. sorry i did not buy this story at face value. sorry i had questions. sorry i respond to EVERY snide reply made to me. sorry i am a bit skeptical. sorry i thought that the OP was referring to the crappy fake doc because that was what all his 'proof' seemed to say.

but hey, i was obviously wrong. that pic clearly shows a bas on mars based on the UK blair witch from decades past. but aside from that, this thread has a photograph of a person from VENUS. get this out. call larry king, he would eat that up. you have proof of alien life and you are all hiding it in this little thread here on ats? i was totally nuts to doubt. so sorry.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Azrael75]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join