Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cindy McCain's Half-Sister Voting for Obama

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Story

Yes, even though Cindy McCain claims to be an only child, she is not. Her father also has another daughter, Kathleen Hensley Portalski. And she's supporting Obama this year.

npr

McCain herself routinely uses the phrase "only child," as she did on CNN last month. "I grew up with my dad," she said then. "I'm an only child. My father was a cowboy, and he really loved me very much, but I think he wanted a son occasionally."

McCain's father was also a businessman — and twice a father.

"I'm upset," Kathleen Portalski says. "I'm angry. It makes me feel like a nonperson, kind of."

An interesting story about family ties...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So What is the big deal. My Ex-brother is .....well I can't discribe him here without getting in trouble. Lets just say I have not seen him for twenty years and I pray someone as evil as him is dead.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Welll does everyone in your family vote for the same people?...i dont see how this is shocking...people vote for who they think can do the job and adheres to all or atleast the majority of your principles and views....No big deal...she is voting for a presidential candidate like everyone else..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider a half-sibling as a full sibling either and if I had one I would still tell people I was an only child, especially if I didn't grow up with this person and never knew this person.

I suspect Kathleen Portalski is upset about Cindy McCain not acknowledging her is because she isn't getting any money out of McCain.

By definition: Half-brother or half-sister - you share one parent in common, not two.

You're really trying to stir the pot today aren't you, BH?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Unless we're talking about Obama's half brother right?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It shouldn't be a huge surprise. It sounds like the two have never been close at all and Cindy may not consider her to be her sister, even though they are related. We don't know enough about their family dynamics to say for certain what their personal relationship is, if there has ever been one.

Otherwise, she's just a Dem voting for Obama. Nothing unexpected there.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well B.H. if nothing else this will certainly guarantee for an interesting Thanksgiving dinner at the Mccain household

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I didn't say it was a "big deal", "shocking" or "surprising". I said it was interesting. Does something have to be a "big deal" to post about it?

Originally posted by sos37
I suspect Kathleen Portalski is upset about Cindy McCain not acknowledging her is because she isn't getting any money out of McCain.

What? Are you aware that McCain MARRIED a millionaire? He doesn't have any money compared to his wife.

If anything, she's probably upset because her father left everything to Cindy and nothing to her.

schrodingers dog, Thank you for pointing out what I thought was obvious!
Amazing how the excuses come up when the shoe's on the other foot!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When I said she was upset that she wasn't getting any money out of McCain I meant Cindy, not John. I thought it was awkward to use Cindy twice in the same sentence, but I do see how it's misleading.

new topics

top topics

join