It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Herd of Martian Creatures?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Really interesting photo Zorgon, I am not sure if its E.T but it does stir up intriguement.

Well I am POSITIVE its ET...seeing as it IS on Mars
but your right it does stir something. At least we are getting some great responses

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

They are NOT "plants"

The "dark stuff" is the exposed surface of the rock from which the dunes shape was created. a lack of sand over an area.

Can we agree now that this has been another false alarm?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So what happens if someone comments it's NOT a rock but a sand dune? Is the above notice therefore applicable in such a case and therefore such comment also rejected?

Well no... for some reason with the dunes we actually got very decent responses with evidence and examples presented... very good ones I might add

With great counter material presented. Its quite refreshing from the rock idgits don't you think? I have never seen those dunes in Arabia either

reply to post by The_Modulus

Excellent work! That is an amazing presentation

Of course the word from Malin Space Systems from the OP link is...

Defrosting north polar dunes

So the white stuff is snow/ice/frozen CO2... which makes the black stuff even more intriguing...

What causes the black dots on dunes on Mars? As spring dawned on the Northern Hemisphere of Mars in 2004, dunes of sand near the poles begin to defrost. Thinner regions of ice typically thaw first revealing sand whose darkness soaks in sunlight and accelerates the thaw. The process might involve sandy jets exploding through the thinning ice. By summer, the spots expanded to encompass the entire dunes that were then completely thawed and dark.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
You know EVERY time you make a dramatic claim before getting analysis and input from others you are just doing more to DAMAGE the entire field of anomalous research.

Oh get over yourself will you? The ONLY damage being done here is by useles negative posts like yours... Why can't you contribute something of value? Why did YOU not present the dunes to prove your point?

Are you so bitter at the world all you can do is hassle others?

Everytime you see a rock and claim its an alien or creatures you make all other considerations and evalutations that much less credible and when something is found people will be leary of believing it because they will be reminded of all of these dramatic declarations that were made without proof previously.

Actually the believere will believe, the debunkers will still cry foul (as you are proving) and the skeptics will disbelieve... none of that has changes since Roswell...

But a handful of people will enjoy the presentation... and add positive work to the research... as has been done in this thread

I am surprized that YOU did not point out that Malin had stated that they were Defrosting North Polar Dunes by simply following the link at the get go...

But despite your negative attitude the picture in the OP

LOOKS LIKE a 'Herd" of critters

Do us a favor and do some research before making a grandios and sensational claim about another photo. PLEASE!

I and others here do a HELL of a lot of research... can you please point me to YOUR research?

No? I thought so... so please... get over yourself

Why not drop by the Fossils on Mars thread and debunk those huh?
Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidencewww.abovetopsecret.com...

Even Mr Penny though THOSE were a winner

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only problem I have with this is the way you presented it. Why did you crop the picture to show only what you called the "herd"? I understand that you posted the link to the entire picture in the OP as well, I'm not saying you covered that part up.

If I remember correctly, you contribute to the website www.thelivingmoon.com.... If you go to this page we can see the pictures being presented as "The Herd".

The caption below the picture mentions that they were labeled as dunes. Why did you not mention this in your OP? You even challenged the assumption that they were rocks. If you wanted others to research and help the dune comment would have been an important piece of information, which you chose to leave out. Why?

"The Herd" caption on www.thelivingmoon.com
The image above is truly one of the most bazarre I have seen yet. It looks like a herd of wierd critters moving across a Martian plain.... Malin's caption calls them "Defrosting north polar dunes"

In a few posts above this you said the following to another member.

I am surprized that YOU did not point out that Malin had stated that they were Defrosting North Polar Dunes by simply following the link at the get go...

I and others here do a HELL of a lot of research...

Why did YOU not mention this in your OP? Why did YOU not do more research on the dune possibility?

I also want to know why you would say that line of dunes looked like a herd without saying the hundreds more above it weren't also in the herd? You went as far as to speculate that the one to the left was leading the others. Why not speculate as to why they had broken off from the rest of them? It seems that you are selectively presenting the information to create the most sensational post.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't call posting pictures of sand dunes and calling them a herd of alien creatures is "something of value."

I DO think posting interesting pictures is cool though, keep doing that. But there is no need to sensationalize every picture with wild ideas.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'd say dunes. There are no trails behind those things. Those are static entities.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone else mentioned this already but it also looks a little like the weird triails termites leave behind, especially the long "tunnel" like parts, but it probably is dunes.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ohh did I hit a nerve? Someone has brought out the claws and hurling the insults. I am not suprised this has been your reaction anytime someone has the gall to challenge you and your claims. I love how you answer your own questions also. As always zorgon, you are only showing just how sensitive you are when someone challenges your sensational claims.

You continually make assumptions without evidence or proof and you are continually damaging the subject as a whole.

You know it and I know it. I am starting to think that is your intention by the look of all the sensational titles you use.

I have real life things I need to do, I will discuss this further later on.
Hopefully you will be more civil at that time.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ron, there's an Hirise image, PSP_007040_2570
Labeled:
Defrosting North Polar Dunes Seasonal Changes
that maybe may help somehow

I've cropped an odd formation: but i won't say what it does look to me, lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You continually make assumptions without evidence or proof and you are continually damaging the subject as a whole.

So when was the last time you looked at any of my evidence? Hmmm?

Have you stopped in the fossils on Mars thread to offer your opinion on that evidence? Even Mr Penny thinks highly of that one.

And please enlighten us how I am 'damaging' the subject?

Seriously though, if you hate my work so much... what draws you here to add your 2 cents worth?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

I am NOT going to touch THAT one with a ten foot pole

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Could also be plants.. Doesn't have to be critters.. The mars atmosphere should support plants.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Ron, there's an Hirise image, PSP_007040_2570
Labeled:
Defrosting North Polar Dunes Seasonal Changes
that maybe may help somehow

Holy crap, you've discovered an alien buttocks!

I am very curious about that black stuff though, I've seen it in many photos. There are several minerals that form into fibers, and I'm curious if that is perhaps something similiar.

Looks almost like iron affected by magneticsm.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So when was the last time you looked at any of my evidence? Hmmm?

When is the last time you did? Also, interpretation of this picture does not equal evidence. Did you look at the scale of this photo?

Source
Derived values

Longitude of image center: 35.10°W
Latitude of image center: 78.74°N
Scaled pixel width: 5.06 meters
Scaled image width: 3.42 km
Scaled image height: 15.89 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 60.74°
Local True Solar Time: 3.33 decimal hours
Emission angle: 18.18°
Incidence angle: 75.64°
Phase angle: 91.09°
North azimuth: 255.12°
Sun azimuth: 302.47°
Spacecraft altitude: 434.23 km
Slant distance: 454.29 km

The dunes are about 30x30 pixels, which means their edges are about (30pix x 5.06m) 151m or 591 ft or 197 yds. So either you didn't take the time to research the scale of them or you believed that NASA took pictures of the largest 'critters' we've ever observed in the universe.

Have you stopped in the fossils on Mars thread to offer your opinion on that evidence? Even Mr Penny thinks highly of that one.

That has nothing to do with the thread in question.

Why did you not initially mention the dunes if you claim to promote positive research?

Why did you not factor in the dunes, which were cropped from the original, into your 'herd' idea?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

one word, new animal, explains the lack of footprints, but notes the grass is missing from the direction they are coming from...........

Hoversheep!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

And please enlighten us how I am 'damaging' the subject?

Seriously though, if you hate my work so much... what draws you here to add your 2 cents worth?

1. I do not hate your work, what I find issue with is the way you make a sensational statement about something BEFORE it is proven to be true.

2. You damage the subject by making it a joke. When you make a thread that claims a heard of martian critters and it turns out to be sand dunes.. that hurts the credibility of future anomalies. Instead of making such a outrageous declaration before looking into it more you could have used a non sensational title for the thread.

Finally I have not had the time to fully read the fossils thread yet. There may be something to it. At this time there is not enough information to make a determination as to what those images are portraying.
I leave my 2 cents because that is what discussions are about.. people with different opinions talk about the subject. It would not be much of a discussion if everyone looked at it from the same perspective and nodded their heads.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

what I find issue with is the way you make a sensational statement about something BEFORE it is proven to be true.

well let me address that issue....

I made 6 posts under Pegasus Document release...
One was about Project Looking Glass the REAL papers, one was about the Fusion Rocket from 1992 by University of Wisconsin and a third was about the Nuclear reactor on the Moon, a document from NASA dealing with Project Outreach and three more....out of the thousands that I have...

What happened? A few people looked... found the work to be great... but then nothing... no one wants to look and read the official documents because no one REALLY want to know what is going on except those already there

ATS staff decided they were only worthy of Skunkworks... so be it... I then stopped presenting any more... Yet Cliff Stone presents FOIA documents that are publicly available for years and he gets top billing because most of them are on UFO stuff...

And the mere mention of the term FOIA in a post will generate a banner beneath my post promoting his work... and SO has already mentioned Cliff gets ad revenues on his forum...

Now look at the other side Mike Singh also uses 'flashy' headlines and
look at the support the threads get... Look at the Robbie William "I saw a UFO" thread...

It is very obvious to me what people are interested in looking at here... and what 'draws the crowd' so to speak... I have also learned which posts are mostly ignored and which posts get applauded... its not rocket science

I see by the posts made what people like... I see by the responsible skeptics presenting counter arguments like showing the Arabian craters that they too have an interest.

I spent a whole day gathering months of work on the Martian Fossil evidence and that thread, posted the same day as this is still on page one...

Why? Because no one can debunk that one that's why... so the skeptics can't harass me in there... and soon the thread will sink into anonyminity

And if there is no argument... there will be no posts either for or against... as the T&C don't generally allow a "Great Post Dude" single liner

So yes an 'interesting" headline draws the crowd... and without crowd pleasers there would be little point in providing the effort

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its the Pacman graveyard! ;-X

"By summer, the spots expanded to encompass the entire dunes that were then completely thawed and dark."

(are there any summertime photos available?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join