It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense contractor accused of human trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Defense contractor accused of human trafficking

m.apnews.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Defense contractor KBR Inc. and a Jordanian subcontractor are accused of human trafficking in a federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles.

The suit alleges 12 Nepali men were being transported to Iraq against their will when they were killed in an insurgent attack.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday by an attack survivor and family members of victims claims subcontractor Daoud & Partners recruited the men in Nepal to work in hotels and restaurants in Jordan.

The company allegedly seized their passports when they arrived in Jordan in 2004 and had them sent to Iraq to work on a U.S. air base.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is just screwed up. Human trafficking? Slave trade is what that is..Are US bases being built by slave labor funneled by private security company KBR? This is the same company that built and is building those FEMA detention camps.

Interesting...The rabbit hole has proven to go so deep...I just don't know what to say anymore.

m.apnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I will do a DOJ search and see if I can dig up more information on these charges.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My God! I am speecheless and that does not happen often, trust me..... .....I'm going to dig around more and see who else wrote about this. It is hard to believe the story is getting out.

(It's not to believe what malfeceance KBR is capable of)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here's another link to a story that goes into more depth:

The 12 men in the car were taken hostage and executed by the insurgents. The executions were filmed and posted on the Internet. The Inspector General for the United States Department of Defense investigated and confirmed the facts related to the fate of the 12 men, which led to increased enforcement of anti-trafficking measures by the United States."

Only one man survived. After he was released by Iraqi rebels, he said he was assigned to work as a loader/unloader in a US military warehouse facility supervised by KBR. He asserts that he was held for 15 months against his well, before the firm finally allowed him to return home to Nepal.

LINK

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here's the inspection PDF www.dodig.mil...

Don't know how much information is actually in this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A friend of mine, an American, was promised a job in Kuwait. When he got over there, he found himself stuck in some crap-hole in Iraq for the next four months. KBR again.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just find it repugnant that corporations operating in Iraq are allow to conduct such kinds of illegal operation, and then expect thing to go well for Americans around the world as a result.

When is America going to stop this illegal war?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I beat you to this hot story my friend. Better luck next time.

Original Thread started: 8/28/08 12:18pm
Your thread started: 8/28/08 3:00pm

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

true.

Please direct your comments to the preceding news article.

closing

new topics

top topics

join