It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia conflict may have been provoked to aid U.S. presidential candidate - Putin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The conflict between Russia/South Osettia/Abkhazia and Georgia has been going on since before the current 2 term president was even in office.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
The conflict between Russia/South Osettia/Abkhazia and Georgia has been going on since before the current 2 term president was even in office.

I have never heard of this and perhaps it is Russia's problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by Interestinggg

I have never heard of this and perhaps it is Russia's problem.

That is not the way the world works.

They way the world works is you blame any problem as being deliberately planned by the evil Americans in order to mask what is really going on. There are many people who would rather believe that the evil Americans are behind every evil act rather than to take the time and do some research.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Who believe anything what comes from White House anymore?

Some WMD:s maybe, explosions in towers at 911, in Pentagon... Osama... or Bush votes in Florida? Oh, I forget The War On Drugs... Just crazy!

Putin have not been acused from straight lies, so he is more trusted.

So you just automatically believe anything Putin says? That's pretty lame.

And after all Russia succeed, where US fall to endless quaqmires...

Really? How about asking the Russians how things went for them in Afghanistan? Not too well, did they?

1. They didnt push forward and invade a country that they cant win, but they withdraw, after enemy was beaten down in front of them.
2. They didnt rush to capital, even when the road was clear, because they didnt have a plan to keep it.
3. There is time for policy, and time for war, not time for endless war by policy.

You forgot the bit about not pulling back to their own borders after the cease fire was signed. Proof the Russians will go back on their word.

4. Russia we will love, US we will hate.

Sorry to hear that. Forget about the Russian-Finnish war, I guess, huh?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think Putin is an ATS lurker,sorry for small post

Imo this claim has no legs

[edit on 28-8-2008 by all2human]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I hope I'm posting in the earliest thread on this subject (there are three now).

Much as I dislike Bush and his policies, I find it hard to believe he would provoke the present conflict just in order to influence the election. Even he can't be that crazy. . . . .can he?

Bush hasn't been in control for some time..it's Cheney and the neo-clowns..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is all script. If "someone in the United States" is responsible for this crisis, Putin is just reading from prepared script like everyone else. Putin is in on it. There are 300 million people over here, which one, is what I want to know. But he won't say because thats not his lines. What a tool Putin just proved himself to be with the "someone in the United States" description. Which candidate was supposed to benefit from it? He won't say because he is worthless.

If the Russians want to pretend to somehow be less manipulative than the other countries in this world, Putin would have identified the candidate this crisis was supposed to help, outlined in detail the full scope of this plot and directly accused the responsible parties. Otherwise STFU!!

All will be judged and your job title and description is not going to considered in the sentencing phase.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I've always liked Putin. I mean... he's the #.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the Americans have a lot of cheek to question Russia on the situation in Georgia. Yes they are invading a rebelious region of another nation but these rebels wish to align to Russia. They border Russia so I personally see this as fair game, and fair game to Russia to support them.

If Russia had not intervened Georgia would have become a nation of two people(much like the Kosovo debacle) whilst being ruled by one government working only for the people of Georgia. Central Georgians would be the ones to prosper rather than South Ossetia creating a far poorer quality of life for the people of South Ossetia.

As a close I would like to remind you that the U.S. government has invaded two nations both of which are in the Middle East far from the boreder of America. These invasions were under a false pretence (to attack Al Qaeda) and for ulterior motives (Oil pipes in Afghanistan and crude oil in Iraq.)

The U.S. government has had far less outcry for something far more heinous in my opinion than the Russians, and yes I think in the long term the invasion for Iraq may benefit Iraqis but I doubt the invasion of Afghanistan will change much for the good.

The Russians haven't yet been excepted by the west even after conforming to there expectations, and the Russians are given far less credit than they deserve. They acted as good counterbalance to the power of the U.S. and protected the world from the use of casual nuclear weapons across the globe. The missile shield (although relatively pathetic as it stands) would upset that balance and that is something I think would push the world into a new global conflict. It is not the protection of people from political isolation within there own nation that will do this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I love the way people keep comparing PAST Russian leaders to CURRENT American ones..
What happened under others is not the issue here ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think both sides are responsible. But I see no reason that Putin is held fully accountable. These are small issues that are turning into great big ones, influenced from the media. It's all about the ratings, it's all about wealth and greed. What happened to society? I'm moving out of here.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
He actually pointed the finger directly at George W. Bush.

"U.S. citizens were indeed in the area in conflict," Putin said. "They were acting in implementing those orders doing as they were ordered, and the only one who can give such orders is their leader."

(CNN)

Putin: U.S. orchestrated war

This is BS... Internet sencoring has began !!!!!!

Youtube Video, Google Videos have STOPPED viewing the videos outside US. I'm Canadian and I notices as of last couple of weeks links such as above, which have Anti-American (the truth that is) messages are being blocked! Never seen this kinda crap before, what happen to freedom of speech!

Get your country back from these true terrorists before it's too late or we'll ALL loose !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Putin accuses US of orchestrating Georgian war

The youtube search results....

The first has ludicrous in it so we know where that's coming from,
Illuminati hawks mind control.

They control the frequency of life.. what's the frequency Kenneth.

Big oil backed government and the suppression Tesla electrical energy
devices other than from Niagara Falls are Illuminati Big Time enterprises.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Georgia conflict may have been provoked to aid U.S. presidential candidate - Putin

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, August 28 (RIA Novosti) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin prompted an angry reaction from Washington on Thursday after suggesting the Georgia conflict may have been provoked to give an advantage to "one of" the U.S. presidential candidates.

"If my guess is right, then it raises the suspicion that someone in the US deliberately created this conflict in order to worsen the situation and create an advantage... for one of the candidates for the post of president of the United States," Putin said on CNN.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Putin is clever indeed, might be the reason that he is making these statements is to probe the two candidates parties for responses?
Has McCain's party made any responses?
Has Obama's party made any clarifications?
If both chose to ignore this matter, then what message they are trying to show to us or to Putin?
That whoever wins from both parties will he adopt the same strategy as it holds today by G.W. Bush after the elections?

What will Obama do?
What will McCain do?
Are their external politics identical concerning the crisis in Georgia?
What about the war in Iraq?
What about a pending invasion in Iran?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Randy Scheunemann, the senior foreign policy advisor for John McCain, worked for four years as a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government. I posted this in the other Georgia thread. I meant to post here.

Link to Article

Before you dismiss that possibility, consider the role of one Randy Scheunemann, for four years a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government who ended his official lobbying connection only in March, months after he became Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s senior foreign policy adviser.

In 2005, while registered as a paid lobbyist for Georgia, Scheunemann worked with McCain to draft a congressional resolution pushing for Georgia’s membership in NATO. A year later, while still on the Georgian payroll, Scheunemann accompanied McCain on a trip to that country, where they met with Saakashvili and supported his bellicose views toward Russia’s Vladimir Putin.

Scheunemann is at the center of the neoconservative cabal that has come to dominate the Republican candidate’s foreign policy stance in a replay of the run-up to the war against Iraq. These folks are always looking for a foreign enemy on which to base a new Cold War, and with the collapse of Saddam Hussein’s regime, it was Putin’s Russia that came increasingly to fit the bill.

I wonder since Georgia has all that money for even paying lobbyists and I suppose such services don't come cheap, and for building up a huge military since they are after all such a small and poor country, why aren't they doing something about unemployment in their country? I understand many ethnic Georgians do not seek employment in their own country due to extremely low wages, they are spread throughout Balkan countries and main Europe for seeking a decent paycheck.
Also anyone would expect the Saakashvili party to immediately fall from favor in Georgia due to the latest major unsuccessful handling of the situation in south Osetia, and the two neighboring runaway states in the borders of Georgia, which they will never going to win them back as it seems, thanks to the Saakashvili government, yet I do not hear anything about Saakashvili falling from power.
What is keeping Saakashvili still in power?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join