It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia conflict may have been provoked to aid U.S. presidential candidate - Putin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Georgia conflict may have been provoked to aid U.S. presidential candidate - Putin

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, August 28 (RIA Novosti) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin prompted an angry reaction from Washington on Thursday after suggesting the Georgia conflict may have been provoked to give an advantage to "one of" the U.S. presidential candidates.

"If my guess is right, then it raises the suspicion that someone in the US deliberately created this conflict in order to worsen the situation and create an advantage... for one of the candidates for the post of president of the United States," Putin said on CNN.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Tensions are rising fast, who will stop the rain coming?

- China and India, whole "Shanghai Group" has given their blessing to Russia today... They wont.

- Europe has no other voice than US: They wont.

- Islamic world is with Russians, they wont.

Who is cabable to stop this madness? Not humans... i just hope there is somebody above us, and they will... "UFO:s, please, come down to us now, please, before the rain of missiles begins."

Thanks Bush from this, WWIII is in our doorstep today.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
He actually pointed the finger directly at George W. Bush.

"U.S. citizens were indeed in the area in conflict," Putin said. "They were acting in implementing those orders doing as they were ordered, and the only one who can give such orders is their leader."

(CNN)

Putin: U.S. orchestrated war

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Or Putin knew he could pull a stunt like this and cast blame on the US presidential season. He also orchestrated it to go down on olympic opening day. This aids their partner Iran by causing the US to focus on Russian aggression which was not in the equation before. If the US wanted a war for the elections, we would have been bombing Iran a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Alex jones has exposed the necon maniac people responsible for war on russia TV

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well I guess Putin making this statement tells us who Putin would rather have as President of the US doesn't it?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Or Putin knew he could pull a stunt like this and cast blame on the US presidential season. He also orchestrated it to go down on olympic opening day. This aids their partner Iran by causing the US to focus on Russian aggression which was not in the equation before. If the US wanted a war for the elections, we would have been bombing Iran a long time ago.

No offence jack, but you are insane.

This was 100% USA orchestrated.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is so many reasons why that criminal and destructive government of USA has to stop by someone. Almost whole other world is against Anglo-Americans, and also I do shame my country, witch is condemning Russia by destructive EU policy.

Do not anybody forget this:

Putin stressed that Russia did not attack and cannot be portrayed as an aggressor. “We didn’t attack anyone, we were attacked and therefore we need guarantees that we won’t be attacked again, and that our citizens won't be killed. They are trying to present us as aggressors”.

The Prime Minister has given a detailed chronology of the events between August 7 and 10.

“On 7 August, at 14:42, the Georgian peacekeepers left the headquarters of the peacekeeping forces under the pretext that they'd received orders from their commanders to leave their posts, and they never returned. One hour later, heavy artillery shelling began.

At 22:35 a massive bombardment of Tsklhinval started.

At 22:50 the transfer of Georgian ground troops started to the combat area. At the same time Georgian field hospitals were set up.

And at 23:30 the Brigadeer General commanding the Georgian peacekeeping forces announced that Georgia has declared a war against South Ossetia. They announced this publicly, looking straight into the TV cameras. At that point we tried to contact the Georgian leadership, but everyone refused to talk to us.

At 12:45 AM on the 8th of August the Georgian commander repeated his statement. So who attacked whom?”

The former Russian president reiterated that the country has ‘no intention of attacking anyone, or of fighting a war with anyone’.

www.russiatoday.com...

I really support Medvedev-Putin, two headed Russian eagles against US/EU hawks!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

- China and India, whole "Shanghai Group" has given their blessing to Russia today... They wont.

WRONG! Stop spreading your anti-American Bullship lies!

Asian alliance rebuffs Russian plea for support

Asian alliance rebuffs Russian plea for support

US welcomes China's apparent refusal to back Russian action

Thanks Bush from this, WWIII is in our doorstep today.

WRONG AGAIN! See my comment above! Bush had nothing to do with this. This has everything to do with that KGB maniac Putin!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Who wants to believe who? I dont believe to US...

SCO supports Russia’s role in South Ossetia

Members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation have signed a declaration in support of Russia's peacekeeping mission in South Ossetia. The member states expressed support for Russia's peacekeeping efforts, but pointed out any solution must be based on the principle of territorial integrity.

www.russiatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Randy Scheunemann, the senior foreign policy advisor for John McCain, worked for four years as a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government. I posted this in the other Georgia thread. I meant to post here.

Link to Article

Before you dismiss that possibility, consider the role of one Randy Scheunemann, for four years a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government who ended his official lobbying connection only in March, months after he became Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s senior foreign policy adviser.

In 2005, while registered as a paid lobbyist for Georgia, Scheunemann worked with McCain to draft a congressional resolution pushing for Georgia’s membership in NATO. A year later, while still on the Georgian payroll, Scheunemann accompanied McCain on a trip to that country, where they met with Saakashvili and supported his bellicose views toward Russia’s Vladimir Putin.

Scheunemann is at the center of the neoconservative cabal that has come to dominate the Republican candidate’s foreign policy stance in a replay of the run-up to the war against Iraq. These folks are always looking for a foreign enemy on which to base a new Cold War, and with the collapse of Saddam Hussein’s regime, it was Putin’s Russia that came increasingly to fit the bill.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Mcain definitely has more to gain from the Georgia conflict than Obama does. That's why Obama and his running mate made such a bullish statement about "sending the Ruskies to hell" (I'm paraphrasing)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

So, simply because Putin said the US was behind it, it MUST be true. And because the US said we weren't, it MUST be a lie?

I think the Russians are just trying to take the heat off them for what they did. Everyone said that when the US invaded Iraq, it was overkill. That's what the Russians did in Georgia, too.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I hope I'm posting in the earliest thread on this subject (there are three now).

Much as I dislike Bush and his policies, I find it hard to believe he would provoke the present conflict just in order to influence the election. Even he can't be that crazy. . . . .can he?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Who believe anything what comes from White House anymore?

Some WMD:s maybe, explosions in towers at 911, in Pentagon... Osama... or Bush votes in Florida? Oh, I forget The War On Drugs... Just crazy!

Putin have not been acused from straight lies, so he is more trusted.

And after all Russia succeed, where US fall to endless quaqmires...

1. They didnt push forward and invade a country that they cant win, but they withdraw, after enemy was beaten down in front of them.
2. They didnt rush to capital, even when the road was clear, because they didnt have a plan to keep it.
3. There is time for policy, and time for war, not time for endless war by policy.
4. Russia we will love, US we will hate.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
TV commentary over the weekend bashed Bush, Connie and the
Illuminati gang for mind controlling the Georgian president.

Makes it 50-50 coverage of Demorats and War talk.

Next step is missiles in Georgia on IRAN's door step.

It doesn't take an Illuminati think tank to walk the walk
into this false flag.

Shots fired between Georgia and IRAN.

Illuminati money invested in Russia is no good unless Russia
defaults and the rest of Russia is theirs.

Getting the Czar's gold wasn't enough after funding the Revolution.
Now the Illuminati wants the resources.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
Alex jones has exposed the necon maniac people responsible for war on russia TV

I think so manson_322.

ED: Peace, will AJ ever get a break from the Illuminazis...such bad boys.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

Who believe anything what comes from White House anymore?

Some WMD:s maybe, explosions in towers at 911, in Pentagon... Osama... or Bush votes in Florida? Oh, I forget The War On Drugs... Just crazy!

Putin have not been acused from straight lies, so he is more trusted.

And after all Russia succeed, where US fall to endless quaqmires...

1. They didnt push forward and invade a country that they cant win, but they withdraw, after enemy was beaten down in front of them.
2. They didnt rush to capital, even when the road was clear, because they didnt have a plan to keep it.
3. There is time for policy, and time for war, not time for endless war by policy.
4. Russia we will love, US we will hate.

Russia smashes its fist down, causes destruction and leaves. The US always rebuilds what it tears down and shows compassion to the vanquished along with showering tons of money at them to get them back on their feet.
Just look at Japan, rebuilt.
Afghanistan, rebuilt.
Iraq rebuilt.
They were not left to suffer in poverty.

Now look at the former iron curtain countries. They were exactly as underdeveloped in 1991 as they were in 1945. Why do you think they are siding with the West en mass instead of Russia?
Too bad the old power Europeans are too snobbish and stuck on themselves to want to include them in on the prosperity the US provided for them after they were torn down by war too.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
One of the first thoughts that came to mind when the whole Russian Georgian incident began was that it was being purposefully done in order to create terror amongst American voters who would in turn vote for Mccain and keep the Bush train rolling.

Still not saying I was 100% correct in my assumption, but it was my first initial reaction.

As for Shanghai and Asia supporting Russia in this conflict, I seem to recall reading in the news about China condemning the Russian government for it's actions.

It could be a case of American news reporting one thing and international news reporting another. Hard to say where the truth stands in that aspect.

Either way, war spells disaster for every country involved.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LynUK
No offence jack, but you are insane.

This was 100% USA orchestrated.

Russia massed troops on the Georgian border months before the war started

From April 29 through May 3, Russia sent additional troops to Georgia’s Abkhazia region on the pretense of “peacekeeping” and ostensibly on behalf of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The Russian government announced its move through the mass media, but it did not inform the Georgian government or any international organization, let alone request permission for the troop deployment.

www.jamestown.org...

Explain how the massing of Russian troops months before the current conflict is "100% USA orchestrated".

Did the U.S. order Russian troops to be massed or is there something I am missing here?

Or maybe there are millions of suckers being played by Putin and have yet to realize it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join