It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Sued For Human Trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Halliburton Sued For Human Trafficking

www.blacklistednews.com

13 Nepali men: recruited and held against their will for 13 months in a scheme perpetrated by Halliburton & its Jordanian contractor, according to a lawsuit filed in California federal court.

Hired as kitchen staff, once they arrived in Jordan their passports were seized & they were dispatched to Iraq. Tragically, as the men were being transported to Iraq, a car containing 12 of the men was stopped by an insurgent group, The 12 men in the car were taken hostage and executed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What a sad story. A handful of poor folk in Nepal (as if they didnt have enough trouble with the Chinese) looking hard for work, no doubt trying to support a family, are recruited and hired to work in a kitchen in Jordan.

But when they arrive their passports are taken and they are shipped to Iraq for work. But along the way poor security allows their convoy to be captured and they themselves are killed.

How can we allow KBR, Halliburton, Dick Cheney, and all other associated parties to remain free and unaccountable?

They should all share the fate of these poor Nepalese workers.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm glad they sued. With 60% (or whatever it is) of Iraqis out of work, there was no possible reason for them to bring bodies in for even CHEAPER labor. Those people and their focus on stockholder hissy fits and profit margins over humans...well they should be the ones shot. It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Was it Halliburton or the Jordanian Contractor? From the article is sounds like it was the Jordanian Contractor. Not making excuses, I just like unspun facts.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I found it in the first search. It was Halliburton subsidiary KBR and its Jordanian subcontractor, Daoud & Partners who did this. Apparently no longer connected to Halliburton from what I can tell.

Source for quotes below -

Thirteen Nepali men were recruited and held against their will for thirteen months in a human trafficking scheme engineered and perpetrated by Halliburton and its Jordanian contractor, according to a lawsuit filed yesterday in California federal court....

...This spring, a judge at the Department of Labor ordered KBR’s contractor, Daoud, to pay $1 million to the families of 11 of the victims. “The Inspector General for the United States Department of Defense investigated and confirmed the facts related to the fate of the 12 men, which led to increased enforcement of anti-trafficking measures by the United States,” the lawfirm said in a release....

...KBR was spun off from Halliburton in a 2006 IPO, and formally disengaged from the company in 2007...

Sounds like Halliburton dropped them like a hot potato.

It is too bad the Iraqi Insurgents can not be held liable
What monsters killing simple workers like that.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

...KBR was spun off from Halliburton in a 2006 IPO, and formally disengaged from the company in 2007...

Sounds like Halliburton dropped them like a hot potato.

It is too bad the Iraqi Insurgents can not be held liable
What monsters killing simple workers like that.

They spun it off for PR reasons. I bet they are still connected though.

Why would you blame insurgents? They live in a country that Halliburton helped break. I bet they feel anyone being shipped in are up to no good and are fair game.

Why would you defend Halliburton. Defend people damn it not big corporations!

Shame on our country for creating a situation that spawns monsters like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I found it in the first search. It was Halliburton subsidiary KBR and its Jordanian subcontractor, Daoud & Partners who did this. Apparently no longer connected to Halliburton from what I can tell.

wasnt there a time when dick cheney was no longer connected to Haliburton and yet somehow, he still is? I agree for the need of unspun facts, but these peoples hands are so dirty that now i need more than one degree of seperation to see them as innocent. it seems they have many backdoor connections and if even the vice president can claim no connection to them and vice/versa while still raking in tons of money from your position with them, well then 'connection' are no longer good enough to clear these evil ANTI-american globalist psychos!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I did a little research on Daoud & Partners and found this info:

-- Daoud & Partners - A Jordan Transportation Company - -- DynCorp International - policemission.dyncorp.com... - ----- Resume - policemission.dyncorp.com... - ----- Jobs - www2.dyncorp.com... - -- Foster Wheeler / England Co - www.fwc.com... - The engineering and construction company recognised worldwide for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions for the oil & gas, LNG, gas-to-liquids, refining, chemical, pharmaceutical and power industries - Foster Wheeler Energy Limited Shinfield Park, Reading Berkshire RG2 9FW, UK Phone = 44-118-913-1234 --- Fax = 44-118-913-2333 Contact: John Holdsworth Email = [email protected] - Worldwide Operational Headquarters / USA Foster Wheeler Inc. Perryville Corporate Park Clinton , New Jersey 08809-4000 Phone 908-730-4000 --- Fax 908-730-5315 E-Mail = [email protected] -
Source: brassmein.com...

Also: KBR Inc. (formerly Kellogg Brown & Root)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
12 cooks? Lol... Cmon who would want a cook from Nepal. I am aware of people from Nepal are used for psy work. I could see them being taken to a facility in Iraq. Either they were unlucky bastards or just found out.

Possible uses for Monks.

1. Remote Viewing
2. Torture. They can harm the body without tools
3. Non Verbal interrogation, reading thoughts and energy field

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"Human trafficking"? What a nice term for SLAVERY.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now
12 cooks? Lol... Cmon who would want a cook from Nepal.

So you are a culinary expert now are you? I personally have heard that Nepalese chefs can make some fine meals.

I am aware of people from Nepal are used for psy work. I could see them
being taken to a facility in Iraq. Either they were unlucky bastards or just found out.

Possible uses for Monks.

1. Remote Viewing
2. Torture. They can harm the body without tools
3. Non Verbal interrogation, reading thoughts and energy field

Good Luck

Not sure if I'm taking this the wrong way but it sounds as if you are making a mockery of the deaths of these poor people.

new topics

top topics

join