It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials may evacuate New Orleans as Gustav nears

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn
If something like this happens, I hope that people finally learn that you cant build a city on the water and under sea level. At the risk of sounding cold and heartless, they get whats coming to them.

You wouldnt plant corn in the desert,
or trees on the beach.
You wouldnt put a bird in a fish tank.
and if you care about your family,
you shouldnt put them in a fish bowl either.

Thats one thing i have never been able to figure out.. Why is it whenever you see area's being flooded year after year its basicaly the same damn people ?

You would think that after being washed out of their homes one or two times they would get the idea its not too smart to live in a flood zone.

Seriously .. How many times does a area have to be flooded out or hit by a tornado before we tell them hey.. If you want to live there fine. But we the tax payers are NOT going to keep paying for you to rebuild your house every couple damn years !!!!!!

Yea.. I understand some people are just not financially able to do things... But for gods sakes it would cost a hell of a lot less money in the long run if you just pay up a one time fee and resettle these people somewhere else instead of paying millions upon millions every year or couple of years.

Mehh.. I should just remain silent... The government and people are not known for doing the smart thing. Live in a flood zone if you want.. Just don't expect me to like my tax money going to rebuild your house for the 2nd 3rd etc time.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

<< 1   >>

join