It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not a Greek temple its the White House...obama builds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
argghhh what an arrogant campaign...this is hilarious...

www.humanevents.com...

you libs may not like my source...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing asI was watching Good Morning America. But they kept labeling it as a "Rock Group" style backdrop....maybe he needs a mini stonehenge...

My buddy thinks he is going to get up there tonight and declare himself a god.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Horrible choice of imagery, especially given all of the charges of 'celebrity' and that he's the 'savior' or 'chosen one' of the Democratic party. I think they really did intend for it to look like the White House, but that's not quite the image that it conveys.

I have a feeling that whoever made that choice is regretting it now and will be regretting it even more in a week or two.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Bush did the same thing in 2004.

I think no matter WHAT the design, PAOs (people against Obama) would hate it and think up something bad, presumptuous, frightening, silly or hateful to say about it. That's expected. If he had done nothing, people would be ragging on the idea of having the speech in the stadium at all. Oh, they already did that. If he had had an archway, there would be something "wrong" with that.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've heard that supposedly he's going to make his appearance on stage by rising up from the middle of the stage on a platform. There's supposed to be a rock band, fireworks and an American Idol cast-off singing.

Maybe John McCain's ads likening Obama to a celebrity weren't too far off the mark now were they?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Another day another bunch of nincompoopery.

Haven't you heard the latest. Turns out Obama IS part Greek and part Nubian Gods. Not so much messiah, more like Moses about to lead the American people from the steps of an interracial White House.

Tremble away, he might be after your wimin too.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe they should film him in his father's village of Kogelo. OOPS, that won't work since he promised them help for their school and orphanage but acquired a $1.65 million house in Chicago instead.

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

yea, this guy is really concerned about the average person. I think actions speak louder than words and I do not like what I see

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Two words:

"Mission Accomplished"

Enough about set design, you're just embarrassing yourselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think its cool, let them blow or waste so much tax dollars or donation money on this show...are there no rules pertaining to how much they can spend on conventions...?

Is the money they are spending from our tax dollars or specifically donations...?

Anyone have any info on what the GOP/RNC are doing...just curious...? I hope they keep it simple and presidential...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

I agree, let Obama be as gaudy and ostentatious as possible. The American public, I believe, does still favor a sense of discreetness in its leaders and a flashy showing could backfire and sour his image further.

Kind of reminds me of when Apollo made his appearance in the ring in Rocky IV against the Russian boxer. All that loud, flashy, celebrity like showmanship and look what happened to him.

top topics

join