It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone got a bad feeling about this election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Right from the start of who was named to run i have been watching trying to figure out what troubles me.

it's not color...
it's not there gender...
it's not some of there funny name's....
it's not there age..
it's not how many home's the candidate's own.

I get a bad feeling we are watching this election...from the wrong perspective.

We all know new's is corporate owned...
All the dirt we think we got on any politician...That's right..come's from them to start with.
They have played out every scenario..before they aired the garbage they feed us.

Every watch rocky and Bullwinkle?
"Hey rocky!!!! Watch me pull this rabbit out of my hat"
It was always a lion tiger..even Mr.Peabody and Sherman ..But never a rabbit.
That's the feeling i get in a nutshell.

We have never got to see the rabbit yet in this election...

So what is really up with this election folk's?

I trust my instinct's...something is wrong with this election..from the start..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would agree with the whole rabbit out of the hat thing. I feel like i am in the dark about the real candidates and what their stories are. I feel like i am watching David Copperfield look over here at the fire whilst i am stealing your watch and ring.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I watched some of that thing about the US elections last night. Where Hilary told everyone to vote for Obama, Bill gave a bit of a speech, the new VP made a bit of a speech and then Obama made a "Guest " appearance.
Everyone waving their little American flags, people crying in the audience, politicians cracking one-liners and people bursting into uncontrollable laughter. It was more like what you would expect from the Golden Globe awards.

Is this the way the US presidential elections always are?

It made me feel very very uneasy.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Look at where they stand on the issues.. the naked truth. If you see them in light of the constitution, undressed by fancy speeches and words or fancy suits and plastics smiles, the tiger should jump right out at ya!

I went to both their pages and went through ever issue and lined it up with what this country was intended to be and the picture isn't pretty. I know who will screw us faster and more often, but either way, we are still gonna be screwed.

You can also look up what they have "accomplished"
as senators on the official site of Congress. You don't NEED, and in fact, should avoid the news when making a decision.. That is all for show or rather it is the dressing up the tiger to make ya think you will be getting a rabbit.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have been semi-following the elections this year as well, and I too have an uneasy feeling about them.

First off, this election has been soiled by all of the television ads that the nominees have been making. McCain referenced Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, what does that have to do with anything? Popularity? One is always more popular than the other, thats why there is such a thing as Popular Vote! The peoples vote!

I dont really think that any of the presidential nominees are going to do anything that will help the economy. Inflation is the highest its been in 12 years, gas prices are being speculated. What can these two do to help make change? Every election is the same. Lie and broken promises to gain power, and the people are always left to suffer.

Anybody else feel the same as I do?

These are my person opinions, no research has been done.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well what makes me uneasy is not looking at the candidates because I know they will say what the people want them to say or what they think they want them to say.

What worries me is looking at the people. Listening to the people and understanding what others are thinking. That is what really has me feeling uneasy.

Everybody I have heard talk about this election is speaking in the terms of things that really should not matter. In fact they are thinking completely wrong on the issues at hand and we are going to be screwed not only because both parties are one and the same but also because the people are out of focus and blinded by hat tricks in this election.

*~*~**THE FOLLOWING IS NOT MY BELIEFS OR OPINION SIMPLY WHAT I HAVE HEARD OTHERS SAY**~*~*

McCain is too old and will most likely die while in office. (Death can affect either candidate in office, even the young die of health issues.)
McCain is old and out of touch with what today’s people want. (Just because one does not watch MTV or hang out on MySpace does not mean they are out of touch.)
Obama is Muslim. (Then why does he support abortion?)
Obama will turn this country over to the blacks. (No he is a politician that will help other politicians.)
If Obama is killed there will be a race war or rioting to make the L.A. riots look small. (Doubtful people will see he is a politician.)
Obama will help his people out. (Who is that exactly? Other rich politicians? His people could also be white, black, or even mixed race.)
McCain is slinging mud in his campaign. (Most politicians do, some just do it in less noticeable ways.)
McCain has more experience. (It does not matter if they keep making the same mistakes. The key is to learn from your own experience.)

*~*~**Now that, that is out of the way I will continue**~*~*

This is the type of things I hear all the time. Hearing this makes me really concerned about the type of people we have in the U.S. today. It concerns me as to where their priorities really are. Don’t be fooled just because one is touted as the first black man by the media does not mean he is going to put Flava Flav as his secretary of defense. Don’t be fooled just because McCain is older and more experienced that he will make the right decisions. Don’t be fooled just because they are running under different party names does not mean they are not working for the same party that has already taken its toll on America. This is not an election on race or age or even if they dress in ladies lingerie while have sex with their wife and a prostitute.

This is an election that will place the next puppet on the hand of those who really control the U.S. and the economy. The only way to get past this is to choose from some place besides these two parties and hope it is the right choice. Other than that if you feel the need to choose from the two parties standing tall now it is nothing more than deciding who you like to look at more than the other.

Raist

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I do not have a vote in the American elections but being a human being on the planet, the election of the leader of the currently, largest global superpower does have an impact on my life!!

I am not sure what the OP is driving at. What bad feeling? In any election there are some who always have a bad feeling. Did you not have a bad feeling the last time that George Bush was elected? That was an election that I suspect, many people felt who go against George Bush.

What is different this time. The American people will not be voting for a white male as president this time and that will be a cause for some discomfort for some. The status quo has been unbalanced. Ever since Americans have voted for a president, the choice has been a white male.

Of course the candidates are going to say what they, their advisors and pollsters think we want to hear. They want us to vote for them so what else are they going say. Things that cause us to doubt them and vote for the other candidate?? I think not. They want our votes and will say what the majority of us want to hear so we will vote for them and them just like the vast majority of politicans, once in Power that will forget what they said to us to get our votes.

I do not see anything different or feeling uneasy about the election. The American people are not getting a real choice as to get first the nomination and then elected, the candidates have in essence, made deals with the "devil" to get the support, backing and endorsement of influence people, and the votes they carry. Once in office, either candidate will have to pay up for the support given.

I think the bad feeling with this election is that it is no different to any other presidential election.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I had a bad feeling about bush ..the second his brother lost all them vote's.

recount after recount still to many was missing...

this election...is close to same in a way...

diebold..admits there system was droping vote's..for the primary's

so really We are in the same boat we are repeating history..

How do we know the vote's wasn't dropped...from Hillary?

that's right we will never know..diebold will never admit if it was or was not on purpose..

So..seeing as the vote drop's was only for obama and Clinton..

and obama won the primary's..in some state's by a small number
it's all over again.

im glad diebold voting machines are gone now..but a little to late if you ask me.

Not to mention the state i live in obama ..lost by a large number...
Guess what .... He know he don't need this state to win..thus he has never came to speak ..He sent his wife lol

why worry about a state that's electoral is small numbered lol

but i still can't put my finger on it..

maybe it is the fact.
first time in American history a woman ran for president.
first time in American history a black man has ran for president.
combined with dropped votes from diebold.

no telling..but i do know ...color of there skin..or gender..isn't the reason i feel uneasy.

it's like we are being set up for something major..

watch this hand ....POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...sucker punched.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I had a great feeling of warmth when Obama started to speak. I had the first feeling of hope, hope for a change. I even cried a little. I want my country back and this big-eared guy might help.

Sitting next to Jeb Bush on a plane, I sensed a great evil. He saw this and stopped talking and smiling at me. He went from cheerful and kind to mean and nasty in one second.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I had a great feeling of warmth when Obama started to speak. I had the first feeling of hope, hope for a change. I even cried a little. I want my country back and this big-eared guy might help.

Sitting next to Jeb Bush on a plane, I sensed a great evil. He saw this and stopped talking and smiling at me. He went from cheerful and kind to mean and nasty in one second.

lol you cried because a candidate..feed you bs..

he has never told us yet...what his change is exactly lol

just saying..i Hope it isn't a bad change lol

not to mention..all the folks' crying and warmth..light gonna come down and make you vote for obama..scares the living bullchit out of me.
it really does..that i will admit that part does scare me some.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i've had a feeling of darkness and dread about the next president and 2009 for months, the next president will cause or be connected to something horrible.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Originally posted by earthman4

lol you cried because a candidate..feed you bs..

he has never told us yet...what his change is exactly lol

just saying..i Hope it isn't a bad change lol

not to mention..all the folks' crying and warmth..light gonna come down and make you vote for obama..scares the living bullchit out of me.
it really does..that i will admit that part does scare me some.

No, I knew he was full of BS. I cried because I felt millions of people trying to do good. Why do you use so many...................dot dot dots? I can't really understand what they .......are for?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That is what I was getting at the people voting are saying and doing things that are worrying me more than any candidate ever could.

Seriously, it is like none of them see this is nothing more than a circus act of old only we the audience are the ones about to be thrown to the lions. I think after the next four years is when a bigger plan will be revealed. This election and the four years coming are nothing more than the stage being set for what is really to come.

Raist

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
only fools let emotion rule their judgment on matters of country, emotion is too flawed to rely on in such matters; no matter how right it feels. A deception is easy to pull over onto such people.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

if you talked to me in real life you would understand the ......

i pause when i talk....thus it took the habit of >>.....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh yes, a TERRIBLE feeling!

I feel terrible because I watch all of the partisan hacks puking out the party talking points at every opportunity they get - taking with blind faith everything these candidates are telling them. I am watching, with much disgust, how they fervently defend even the slightest negative fact presented about their candidate of choice.

The bad feeling comes from knowing that my fellow countrymen are in fact, sheep being led to slaughter and they are too stupid to realize it. That what I thought was an awakening leading toward reform is nothing more than a hypnotic trance that continues to move this country closer to destruction.

Finally, the really bad feeling is the result of my full awareness that the vast majority of voting public are stupid and ignorant and that they will have no one but themsleves to blame when we are worse off in 4 years than we are now - and each side will blame the other instead of recognizing the truth.

top topics

join