It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hacker loses extradition appeal "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

A Briton accused of hacking into secret military computers has lost his appeal against extradition to the US.

Glasgow-born Gary McKinnon was said to be "distraught" after losing the appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. He faces extradition within two weeks.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
this has been posted 72 times this week. Link : www.abovetopsecret.com... eal&sa=Search

Basically its all the same threads.

He will probably only get 5 to 10 years in USA federal pen anyway (since were at war with evil doers and must make an example for terrorist hacking etc...) he'll write a book in prison and then go back to England.

He will get free medical and dental care while in a USA prison and they will fed him well (with no hard labor) at least.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Apologies, I only just seen it myself on bbc and didnt see it on the front page so posted it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Thats ok friend..I'm real interested in this case also (thats why I clicked your thread. One never knows when new info wil be posted!

I say leave the bloke alone! He's learned his lesson and spo has the USA. At least it was hacked by a Brit and not some Virus laying enemy.

Thanks
Ruff

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join