It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinnon loses appeal hearing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about this one though, I must admit. Gary is a UK citizen yes, but it was US Military systems he was hacking - messing around with THEIR stuff, THEIR data.

While I think that maximum possible sentence is overly harsh, I think he probably should be tried in the United States, he was stupid enough to talk to an employee through WordPad, he was as good as being on the premises in my book.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Smugallo]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Well, judging from you post, you're not exactly doing a great job yourself. Why is his opinion ignorant? He's backed up with facts. Gary is guilty of committing a crime. He got caught, now he's going to do the time.

What crime exactly?
Visiting a wide open server, for anyone to connect to?
I guess we all are guilty then....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
reply to post by paul76

Well, judging from you post, you're not exactly doing a great job yourself. Why is his opinion ignorant? He's backed up with facts. Gary is guilty of committing a crime. He got caught, now he's going to do the time.

What crime exactly?
Visiting a wide open server, for anyone to connect to?
I guess we all are guilty then....

Look, if my bank forgot to close their doors for the night and I walked in and stole £50 K, I'll still be committing a crime. He knew what he was doing was wrong. Yes, their security was crap, but that doesn't make a difference.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Look, if my bank forgot to close their doors for the night and I walked in and stole £50 K, I'll still be committing a crime. He knew what he was doing was wrong. Yes, their security was crap, but that doesn't make a difference.

As far as i can remember there were no theft involved in this...

Now the difference here and that about the bank reference is that this happened on the internet, if it is accessible you can enter it, no matter who owns what or where it is.
It would be ONE big difference if he dialed these servers up, IF they were in a closed LAN, they weren't.
These servers were accessible by any one who wanted to enter them.
There weren't any hacking involved even, he used a remote acces program to access these servers.

The whole thing is quite silly, really, One man is getting extradited for this, when in all probability several hundred different people have done the same thing on their servers.
This is a show of force, and revenge, not to get the 'guilty' as they try and get it too look like, if so, alot more people would face the same thing.

Lets agree on disagre

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
On my live TV show yesterday, myself and Ian R Crane explored the McKinnon case and found what appears to be evidence of a cover-up going on here and Gary being made a bit of a scapegoat.

Has anyone wondered WHY the mainstream media are not giving this much coverage?

Ross

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
On my live TV show yesterday, myself and Ian R Crane explored the McKinnon case and found what appears to be evidence of a cover-up going on here and Gary being made a bit of a scapegoat.

Has anyone wondered WHY the mainstream media are not giving this much coverage?

Ross

Well hopefully people will come to see what this is all about.
And that ain't "justice", it's revenge and partly a bit of embarrasment that they wish to conceal.

Consider this people, one of the largest and most powerful nations of the world can't keep their systems secure enough to lockout remote access programs. ---->>

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is some interesting news of something happening tomorrow Tuesday Sept 2nd) on Gary's website at www.freegary.org.uk...

Check it out

Ross

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Waste of time protesting it's just going to get more people into trouble not that I would expect many to turn up on Gary's behalf honestly maybe a few family members at best.

He's no innocent there are people in jails all across the world who haven't committed crimes as large as his the UK government made their decision on this long ago. Britain does what it's told as their not a very powerful country they are an ally to the US but they know their not all that important in the scheme of things.

Gary basicly picked the wrong country to mess with his best option is to start playing ball and facing reality. He will probably get a reasonable sentence just as a goodwill gesture to Britain he should count himself lucky.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
LOL....hackers get what they deserve. That will show 'em!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Gary basicly picked the wrong country to mess with his best option is to start playing ball and facing reality.

Once again a comment that reaks of "America is the best, America is the mightiest, Everyone in the world wants to go to bed with America...."

Britain does what it's told as their not a very powerful country they are an ally to the US but they know their not all that important in the scheme of things.

Ignorance at its finest. May wish to check your history books mate...

He's no innocent there are people in jails all across the world who haven't committed crimes as large as his the UK government made their decision on this long ago.

Have you been reading anything we have written? We have made the point time and time again that he is not innocent. This isn't about that it is about him being wrongfully extradited.

Waste of time protesting it's just going to get more people into trouble not that I would expect many to turn up on Gary's behalf honestly maybe a few family members at best.

I wouldn't be so sure. I would start stretching your cheek muscles as you may soon be shoving your foot in there.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Someone was just banned for starting a thread about a protest in London..... kinda weird don't you think?

Explaination ATS?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
double post - ignore.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The big problem with people saying he should have a British trial is Britain has never charged him and they have had a good four years now.
He was picked up and released again the only punishment that he has had has been being denied the use of a computer pending any action taken by the US.

It's pretty apparent if there is going to be any justice at all it will have to be from America Britain can hardly complain they have had four years to punish him and haven't.

So the whole trial him in Britain argument is based on letting him get away scot free and vandalise all the computers he likes and I'm quite certain that won't be allowed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamanator

Our argument can be summed up by asking this question:

If Gary was an American citizen and lived in America and hacked the UK government's computers, would you be angry that the UK government wanted to extradite him and have him "burn in hell"" as your prosecutors so delicately put it?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamanator

The reason he has not been formerly charged in the UK is probably because here you are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty and wouldn't face court unless the Crown Prosecution Service felt they had a strong enough case, which obviously they didn't!

When the Brits came and set up camp in the US we brought those laws with us, fairness, freedom of speech and democracy. However in the USA now your are guilty of just about anything you may be charged with until either a "plea bargain" takes place or until the solicitors realise you have run out of money!

My guest on Saturday's live TV show was arrested in the USA after being attacked by a taxi driver, and my guest was the one charged as he wasn't an American citizen! (Apparently the taxi driver managed to lodge his side of the story with the Police in Texas first!) He was drained of around US$30,000 in legal costs before then being deported home to the UK. They accused HIM of attacking the taxi driver!! (I know this man well and there is no way that is in his character) That's how "fair" the US justice service is, and he talked about this at length in Saturday's programme whilst discussing the McKinnon case.

Your one sided views Mr Shamanator would probably change 100% if it was a US Citizen being threatened with extradition to the UK. Please remember that we are also very patriotic and we also protect our own, and we have no intention of ever becoming that additional state that the USA would love!

Ross

[edit on 2-9-2008 by nomadrush]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

Well said.

Shamanator, do you have the American flag tatooed on your forehead? I'm sure most British people would disagree with your previous post. You're a pretty brainwashed individual if you think that this man deserves the death penalty, when i'm sure 99% of the members on this website would take a peak if given the opportunity to do so - just like Gary did. This is a conspiracy site after all isn't it? Then again you have proven that you'll take anything that you're told by your government at face value.

We should be glad there are people like Gary around who have the balls to actually try to find out what is going on behind the scenes. I doubt Gary was stupid enough to go into a government workstation and deliberately cause as much damage as he could - it's obviously going to get back to him sooner or later.

How convienient that he has now been labelled a "terrorist" - just like anyone who dares to even think for themselves.

edit: After reading through your previous posts, your sole purpose here must be to wind people up the wrong way - every post you make is totally against what this site aims to stop. Your like the anti-ATS.

I can probably predict what you will say next, because frankly I'v met 100 of you. You all have the same line of thinking, given to you by the people that control you.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah! I think he should just abbreviate his name to 'Sham' and leave it at that! 'Nuff said.

He's probably too scared to think for himself for fear of being labelled a terrorist or supporter of terrorism and being dealt with in a draconian manner by his own govt. That's the problem with too many people. No back bone.

Daren't even say what they think.

Tow the line.

Either that or he WORKS for the govt

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
edit: After reading through your previous posts, your sole purpose here must be to wind people up the wrong way - every post you make is totally against what this site aims to stop. Your like the anti-ATS.

I can probably predict what you will say next, because frankly I'v met 100 of you. You all have the same line of thinking, given to you by the people that control you.

Good attempt at deflecting the argument while truly offering nothing of value on another note couldn't have been much of a protest I've heard nothing about it guess I was right about the numbers.

Anyway I guess Garys time is up and this is a dead topic now till he's sentenced I'd expect him to be in an American court in a few short weeks now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
who cares whether he should be extradited. Who cares where the crime was serious enough to merit jail-time. You all are missing the point.

Gary exposed NASA and the US govt for hiding the truth. He exposed them for having a secret space program with the technology to leave the Earth.

This technology could end poverty. It could end dependence on govt controlled power utilities. It could end war for oil.

The real criminals here are the folks holding this stuff back. How dare they use my taxpayer money to create technology and not give it to us for our benefit. We paid for it, it belongs to the people.

Nasa and the govt should be on trial, not Gary Mckinnon. Crimes against humanity should be the charge with the death penalty applied. Countless billions have suffered because they withold the truth and its benefits.

And yes Gary did technically break the law but its justified. People helping to smuggle slaves from the southern states also broke the law and we dont chastise them either. In fact US courts have a system in place called "Jury Nullification" which allows the Jury to ignore the judge's instructions and the law itself and rule based on their conscience.

Gary while a pot-smoking fool is a hero in my book.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by admriker444]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Good attempt at deflecting the argument while truly offering nothing of value on another note couldn't have been much of a protest I've heard nothing about it guess I was right about the numbers.

Anyway I guess Garys time is up and this is a dead topic now till he's sentenced I'd expect him to be in an American court in a few short weeks now.

I noticed you glossed over the 10 other comments directed at you and only picked the one you thought you had a chance of defeating.

Shamanator, go get the redneck flag tattooed on your forehead and go buy yourself a nice redneck ute then drive around town playing the Dukes of Hazzard music all day long. Until then I see you as a tryhard redneck, your not pulling your weight!

Get off your high horse Mr America **ck Yeah. You are the type that executes people for picking their nose. You really want to see an execution so badly? I honestly don't think you care who, as long as you get to watch some bugger fry good.........

couldn't have been much of a protest I've heard nothing about it guess I was right about the numbers.

I would like to hear from someone who actually attended the protest as to the numbers. Nomadrush? Anyone else?

Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just means that your redneck news station chose not to report it.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Kryties]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join