It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: NATO interference means war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Russia: NATO interference means war

www.presstv.ir

Russia's ambassador to NATO has warned that any military interference in the Caucasus conflict will be considered as declaration of war.

In an interview with the Russian newspaper Vremya Novostei, Dmitry Rogozin, warned that any NATO attack on the Moscow-backed regions would "mean a declaration of war on Russia."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru
www.mathaba.net

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Strong words from Russia, who fully intend to settle what they consider to be regional (THEIR region) disputes without interference from NATO.

I'd be very wary of rattling the russian bear at this point, with tensions high in the mideast and in former soviet satellites.

Russia seems to be viewing NATO as an interloper, and in a way they can't be blamed - if Russia were to suddenly go to cuba and start building missile bases, I think the US might be a little concerned as well.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Russia isn't saying that NATO's presence in the area or supplying of humanitarian aid to Georgia (as it is doing now) means war.

By "interference" Russia means direct military actions by NATO and NATO-supported-Georgia to prevent the final breakaway of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Russia is basically warning that the two republics are now independent, and there is nothing NATO can do about it short of starting a war over them.

So no need to panic. U.S. already stated that it has no intention to take direct part in the war. Russia is simply marking its territory as a warning.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Australian foreign affair minister told the Russians to pull their heads in today so all should be Okey dokey in disnayweird.

duck and cover duck and cover weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

www.youtube.com...

HATT rd Northern Territory is NOT on google maps street view OUTRAGED

..............................................................................................................

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I really dont think that the US has any interest or intention to act in any military means with the Georgian military. Two tiny provinces? It's just not worth it... It's just going to stick with weak international outcry and condemnation... That is, if both fleets (black sea) stay calm.

Or, you can throw in the whole "It is their intention to start another cold war" and expect more provocative actions from the west. I wouldn't be suprised, let me make that clear.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't see how the USA can justify any action. They recognized Kosovo's independence against the wishes of Russia and many other countries. I see this as Russia getting even, so to speak. Tit for tat.

It would be quite arrogant of the US to do anything but accept the independence of the regions, in light of what happened with Kosovo.

top topics

join