It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Beliefs have a few things in common

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Christians ...are looking for their God to save them and our planet
Alien believers ...are looking for their aliens to save them and our planet
Scientists ....are looking for their scientific studys to save them and our planet
Masons ...are looking to save eachother
Athiests ...are looking to save themselves

Forgot one ..
Political people are looking for a President and Congress to save them and our planet

This is what I have learned this week while skimming the threads here at ATS

Do you agree or disagree ?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ok here are some more ..

God will send the ungodly to their destruction etc to bring in a new peaceful world

New Agers ,Alien and UFO peoples ..wants to send the lower spiritual ones into an abyss somewhere (those who do not ascend to higher concienceness) to bring in a new peaceful world ..

Scientists would like to get rid of the lower class population and the undesirables (Bad gene peoples) to bring in a new and more modern peaceful society ...

And just about everyone on planet earth believes that the very lower class of unruly ungodly rebellious ones need to go to the death chambers ...or locked away for good in some prison ........(Most of our society believes in the death penalty and would send someone there in a heartbeat if it meant getting the lowlife criminal minded people off the earth and outta of their way so they can have a peaceful existance for our planet ]............

Masons I dont know enough about yet ...but they are really into money,power and the Masonic buddy system ..maybe they would like it if all the poor and the lowly were gotten rid of so they could have a peaceful society as well ...*ok so maybe this one is pushing it ..sorry ...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmmm....

"Atheists ...are looking to save themselves"

I don't think atheists are looking to save themselves. What would they save themselves from?

How about agnostics?

I personally don't believe in the Christian god...I'm not looking to be saved.
I believe in aliens but I don't think they are going to save me either.

I think it's up to all of us to save our own planet and take care of ourselves.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hi there

[How about agnostics?]

I am not sure what an agnostic is ...lol sorry ..I will go look up though and get back to you .........

[I don't think atheists are looking to save themselves. What would they save themselves from?]

From themselves from others and from violent natural events also wanting to modify themselves so they can live longer ..etc ..I actually consider most scientists as athiests ..

[I personally don't believe in the Christian god]
Do you have an honest reason why not ? Omitting the excuse please that its because of the way other Christians are ..because I dont believe anyone can believe that is a real good reason not to believe ...Those Christians most of you know or have known ...are also HUMAN ..and do make mistakes even with the Lord in them ....yes they are supposed to be better than that ..but some who claim to be Christians are in fact NOT ...thats my opinion of course ..because someone who really is one ..would care about how others percieve them and they would not act so ugly ...especially knowing that it can and does make God look bad in the eyes of the people who do not believe ........
Also no one will be able to blame others for why they dont believe ..

[I think it's up to all of us to save our own planet and take care of ourselves.]

Some of that is partially true ....but do you honestly believe that anyone ..or everyone can do anything to save a planet that is so violent in nature ?
And can you keep yourself from getting old and or dieing or from being in a horrible accident ..and what about life after death ..can you save yourself if you find out that its all true .and you chose not to believe because it seemed silly or whatever ..and there you are now .standing before God .saying ..ok well ........so ..here is why I didnt believe ..how about another chance .....(After your dead ..may be too late ]..do you know 100 % for sure that its all BS ?

And thank you very much for posting on my FIRST real thread ....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Hi there

I am not sure what an agnostic is ...lol sorry ..I will go look up though and get back to you .........

Agnostic is someone who doubts that there is a god. They simply aren't sure.

Do you have an honest reason why not ? Omitting the excuse please that its because of the way other Christians are ..because I dont believe anyone can believe that is a real good reason not to believe ...Those Christians most of you know or have known ...are also HUMAN ..and do make mistakes even with the Lord in them ....yes they are supposed to be better than that ..but some who claim to be Christians are in fact NOT ...thats my opinion of course ..because someone who really is one ..would care about how others percieve them and they would not act so ugly ...especially knowing that it can and does make God look bad in the eyes of the people who do not believe ........
Also no one will be able to blame others for why they dont believe ..

My beliefs have nothing to do with the way Christians behave.

Some of that is partially true ....but do you honestly believe that anyone ..or everyone can do anything to save a planet that is so violent in nature ?
And can you keep yourself from getting old and or dieing or from being in a horrible accident ..and what about life after death ..can you save yourself if you find out that its all true .and you chose not to believe because it seemed silly or whatever ..and there you are now .standing before God .saying ..ok well ........so ..here is why I didnt believe ..how about another chance .....(After your dead ..may be too late ]..do you know 100 % for sure that its all BS ?

Dying is a part of life. Scientists may come up with ways to prolong death, but everyone will die eventually.

Life after death....One doesn't have to be a Christian to believe in life after death. Energy doesn't die.

If there is a Christan god, then I will have to deal with it when the time comes.

Sorry I couldn't do better. I'm not good at explaining things. I also answered the questions as best I could without turning this into a religious debate.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I appreciate it ...
And thank you for filling me in on Agnostics ....I can understand them maybe better than the Athiests etc ............not knowing one way or the other at least leaves room for them to consider it at least ............

And I am very glad to hear you wont be like alot of others and just blame someone else .....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Christians ...are looking for their God to save them and our planet
Alien believers ...are looking for their aliens to save them and our planet
Scientists ....are looking for their scientific studys to save them and our planet
Masons ...are looking to save eachother
Athiests ...are looking to save themselves

Forgot one ..
Political people are looking for a President and Congress to save them and our planet

This is what I have learned this week while skimming the threads here at ATS

Do you agree or disagree ?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

You are presenting this disgustingly oversimplified.

It never ceases to amaze me that people cant seem to get out of the generalization and labeling zone. to Saying that all of this group are looking for this or all of that group are looking for that is, for lack of a better word, STUPID.

It's a world of individuals my friend.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No problem.
Maybe someone else will jump in and add to your thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would like that very much ..

Thank you again for your 2 cents ...

Can you think of some other things they all may have in common except the obvious ones (Like we are all humans ..we all eat ...we all sleep etc etc) that you think would help stimulate others to post with us lol ?

I am thinking of starting another thread ..a different subject of course .
Hope you will join me in that one too ...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

You are presenting this disgustingly oversimplified.

It never ceases to amaze me that people cant seem to get out of the generalization and labeling zone. to Saying that all of this group are looking for this or all of that group are looking for that is, for lack of a better word, STUPID.

It's a world of individuals my friend.

I think you misunderstand what the OP is saying. You have labeled the OP yourself and not trying to read between the lines.

Sometimes it is not easy getting your point across on message board because you have to present your case without instant feedback.

Did she not state about individuality in different Christians?

To state that this is stupid is rather....stupid.

We are all having a big game run on us by different factions trying to control us for a lot of different reasons. All the reasons come from the same negative source though.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hi and thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts .
I hate labels and I do not believe I said everyone or all of them or anything like that because that would be total BS wouldnt it ? lol
And I am really simple minded so my posts would seem simply put I guess lol
I am simple but I think deep and I love thinking outside of the box sometimes too because most of the time (not always but most )things are not as they appear to be are they >?

And yes its very hard sometimes for me to put into words properly what I am trying to say (taking it from my brain to the post is what is hard sometimes)
Thank you for trying to help me explain Lonegunman I appreciate it

Hey Lone can you tell me is a worthy foe a bad thing usually at ATS? someone made me one today and I was wondering just how worried I should be about it .

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey Lone can you tell me is a worthy foe a bad thing usually at ATS? someone made me one today and I was wondering just how worried I should be about it .

Not to worry it just means someone really to a dislike to what you had to say about something! It just mens they are not trying to understand what you are trying to say and taking the typed words to seriously.

Probably just some dorky kid on his parents computer made you there foe. Or a false Christian.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
LOL thank you for the explanation. Are you marked as being a foe to someone yet ? I didnt think I had been here long enough to aquire enemies but maybe Im wrong lol ..
The word worthy was what I was thinking could be a good thing .They may think I am a worthy opponent as in I challenge them at least I hope thats case.

It kind of hurt because I thought maybe I have already worn out my welcome.
I need to slow down I know ..but I have been needing people to talk to about all the stuff that runs through my mind .

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

LOL thank you for the explanation. Are you marked as being a foe to someone yet ? I didnt think I had been here long enough to aquire enemies but maybe Im wrong lol ..
The word worthy was what I was thinking could be a good thing .They may think I am a worthy opponent as in I challenge them at least I hope thats case.

It kind of hurt because I thought maybe I have already worn out my welcome.
I need to slow down I know ..but I have been needing people to talk to about all the stuff that runs through my mind .

MY foes come and go. Here are my current ones:

Bunch
fweshcawfee
WolfofWar
yahn goodey

I have had many more in the past. It just means you are provoking some thought from them.

Dont slow down, you have not worn out your welcome in the least. Keep going and don't worry what some may think. I am a good judge of character and you seem like a nice thoughtful person to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If you want to understand the beliefs then look at the philosophy rather than the image. The image/symbols are what people fight and argue about, but you can find common ground in philosophy.

IMO, philosophy is just the equation in which any number of variables can be put in to teach the same lesson. Seeing the philosophy is seeing the truth and allows you to understand things with any image which makes you less likely to be deceived.

top topics

join