It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian and US warships engaged in Black Sea stand-off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Russian and US warships engaged in Black Sea stand-off

www.irishtimes.com

RUSSIAN AND US warships were engaged in a Black Sea stand-off last night, amid western warnings that the conflict in Georgia could destabilise other parts of Moscow's old empire.

A US coast guard cutter carrying aid docked at the Georgian port of Batumi after bypassing the Russian-controlled port of Poti. Two other US navy vessels were offshore in the Black Sea. Meanwhile, 250km (155 miles) north, Russian warships landed in the separatist region of Abkhazia.

The Black Sea has become a potential flashpoint since Russian forces crushed a Georgian attempt to reclaim the breakaway province of South Ossetia and took control of swathes of Tbilisi's territory, including the port of Poti.

Russia recognised the independence of both South Ossetia and Abkhazia on Tuesday; accused Nato of massing naval forces in the Black Sea; and said a US destroyer that landed at Batumi earlier this week was supplying new weapons to Georgia under the cover of aid.

"Normally battleships do not deliver aid and this is battleship diplomacy, this does not make the situation more stable," said Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this, first sounded like the U.S. was actually helping Georgia with the aid they needed, as food and the like (according to other sources).

After reading the above source, it actually makes a bit of sense, why would a destroyer (Arleigh Burke Type) bring "AID" to Georgia? Wouldn't be better to send a supply ship or some sort?

What is the U.S. up to with this type of negotiation? What are they trying to accomplish? Are they instigating Russia so that they can the U.S. can then join-in in the action?

Sounds Fishy to me!

www.irishtimes.com

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

I am not sure what to make of this, first sounded like the U.S. was actually helping Georgia with the aid they needed, as food and the like (according to other sources).

After reading the above source, it actually makes a bit of sense, why would a destroyer (Arleigh Burke Type) bring "AID" to Georgia? Wouldn't be better to send a supply ship or some sort?

What is the U.S. up to with this type of negotiation? What are they trying to accomplish? Are they instigating Russia so that they can the U.S. can then join-in in the action?

Sounds Fishy to me!

www.irishtimes.com

Russia cannot be trusted with an unarmed ship or vehicules.Its a smart move by the West.Russia doesnt have the balls to touch us.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11

Russia cannot be trusted with an unarmed ship or vehicules.Its a smart move by the West.Russia doesnt have the balls to touch us.

It's not about balls, it's about brain

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
They didn't need any "aid" in the first place. The Georgians are not third world and didn't suffer a natural disaster, they have some displaced people because they attacked their neighbors (or their own people if you think s. ossetia belongs to them). Besides, we already sent them Rice.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How many blankets,loafs of bread,rice,water sugar,wheat,barley,rye,love could you fit into ONE oil tanker ???

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
They didn't need any "aid" in the first place. The Georgians are not third world and didn't suffer a natural disaster, they have some displaced people because they attacked their neighbors (or their own people if you think s. ossetia belongs to them). Besides, we already sent them Rice.

Are you talking about Stephanie Rice or messed up Condoleezza Rice I know what one i would like on my door step

I hope this is not the opportunity that the US is looking for As in a false flag

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Originally posted by Justice11

It's not about balls, it's about brain

They arent bright either or we wouldnt be playing this game.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Lets jump forward ... a trillion paper dollaz and 3 million lives now what?

Let's talk ....

new topics

top topics

join