It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity and Colmes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What do you think of Bill Maher's show? Personally I've lost confidence in him since he started dating that conservative trashtalker Ann Coulter. His guests range from intelligent and engaging to hilariously stupid, so it is definately an "entertaining" show, but I don't know how often it actually approaches good debate.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Nothing on Fox is worthy of discussion
...much less viewership. It's sure to be a scientific study result some day: the ratio of ignorance is in direct correlation to the amount of FNC viewership; the more you watch, the dumber you get.

That's why the Fox ratings are killing CNN? Because people are dumb

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
Hannity won't let Colmes say one word without breaking in.

Hannity won't let anyone say anything without breaking in. Especially if they happen to be making a valid point or opposing his viewpoint. Hannity is a loudmouth, and typifies his kind.

DC

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ROFL

You mean anyone at all ever watches Fox news anymore, voluntarily?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

Originally posted by Bout Time
Nothing on Fox is worthy of discussion
...much less viewership. It's sure to be a scientific study result some day: the ratio of ignorance is in direct correlation to the amount of FNC viewership; the more you watch, the dumber you get.

That's why the Fox ratings are killing CNN? Because people are dumb

Since when does the amount of people that watch something qualify them or what they watch as smart or dumb. In fact, if you're gonna look at what most people watch or what has the highest ratings, I mean, its some of the most mindless crap you can imagine. So I don't agree with your argument that just because there are more people watching it, that they must represent the smartest people who watch cable news.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Your stance would have some validity if it weren't comparing Fords to Bentleys.

People tune into mindless crap like Survivor Island in flocks because it's entertaining to them, but people tune into cable news for NEWS.

There is a pretty large gap between entertainment and news.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
What do you think of Bill Maher's show? Personally I've lost confidence in him since he started dating that conservative trashtalker Ann Coulter. His guests range from intelligent and engaging to hilariously stupid, so it is definately an "entertaining" show, but I don't know how often it actually approaches good debate.

Maher's show is pretty good. I think he really got the shaft when ABC booted him off. That was only show on network TV that I actually enjoyed.

Maher and Coulter? Isn't she a little old for this taste? I used to see him around in the clubs in LA and he always had girls half his age around him.
There is something sexy about Coulter, that cold hearted-bE-otch. Opposites do attract.....

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
Your stance would have some validity if it weren't comparing Fords to Bentleys.

People tune into mindless crap like Survivor Island in flocks because it's entertaining to them, but people tune into cable news for NEWS.

There is a pretty large gap between entertainment and news.

Oh come on, people hardly stare at CNN for "just news." It definately is a form of entertainment and whoever can present the news most bombastically will inevitably get the bigger audience because it is more entertaining. Yes, some people actually care about the news and what is really going on, but they usually turn to other sources than cable news.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Fox ruined the news.

Don't believe me?? Want proof? Just watch any pre-fox newscast by any network from the mid-eighties. Just the news, straight to the point. No video game sound-effects, no op-ed commentary inserted by the host. No screaming.....Just the news. That is the way it should be.

BBC America still seems to subscribe to this approach. Thank gawd that the Brits have placed a beacon of sanity in this sea of mediocrity we call the American media.

The Cable News Channels are a bunch of Jokes. They are thinly-disguised op-ed shows. There seems to be a blur between reporting the news and commenting on it. And the scary part is that people are starting to not be able to tell the difference anymore!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Maher and Coulter? Isn't she a little old for this taste? I used to see him around in the clubs in LA and he always had girls half his age around him.
There is something sexy about Coulter, that cold hearted-bE-otch. Opposites do attract.....

Yeah I guess it would be a tad enticing to be sleeping with the devil.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Face, you moron, Ann isn't cold-hearted at all, she's just too sarcastic. While I enjoy slowly reading her books, its too much sarcasm to digest at one sitting. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever actually completed any of her books.
There's always something sexy about a blonde who can handle a rifle. Don't know if I'd marry a blonde that can handle a rifle, though!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Face, you moron, Ann isn't cold-hearted at all, she's just too sarcastic. While I enjoy slowly reading her books, its too much sarcasm to digest at one sitting. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever actually completed any of her books.
There's always something sexy about a blonde who can handle a rifle. Don't know if I'd marry a blonde that can handle a rifle, though!

(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war." -- MSNBC

Disgusting. This disabled Vietnam veteran fought against communism when no one else like Ann would. She was fired from MSNBC because her comment was so bad.

Yeah...
...hahahaha...I finally get the sarcasm.

EDIT: Fixed the BB code

[Edited on 3/20/2004 by OXmanK]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war." -- MSNBC

Disgusting. This disabled Vietnam veteran fought against communism when no one else like Ann would. She was fired from MSNBC because her comment was so bad.

Yeah...
...hahahaha...I finally get the sarcasm.

I always knew Coulter was cold-hearted but that takes the cake!
I guess she is the world'd only living heart-donor! And Crowne, watch who you call a moron, you moron.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hey, moron, I know my disabilities, and moronism happens to be one of them! I don't need another moron to point out the obvious!!

Who was this disabled dude to which my lovely princess was referring?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And, by the way, what was that statement referencing? As far as I know, she was right on target. What, do you think that just because that vet was disabled, he is a saint and an always-right war hero that is above reproach? Mind telling me what he allegedly did?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dunno...still searching on it. I had to find the quote because it was a Trivial Pursuit question...I'll get back to this after work.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't care how evil Coulter is.....I still have a thing for her.
She certainly doesn't mince words!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In the MSNBC NewsChat segment, in which Coulter debated Bobby Muller, president of the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation, her exact words to the paralyzed veteran were: "No wonder you guys lost." She was interrupting Muller's point about the role that landmines played in the Vietnam War: "In 90 percent of cases that U.S. soldiers got blown up--Ann, are you listening?--they were our own mines."

Muller responded to Coulter's remark with an incredulous "Say that again," while moderator Felicia Taylor sharply rebuked the in-house pundit: "OK, we're not going to get into that conversation. Ann, that was unnecessary! Mr. Muller, please continue...."

Coulter could say that Kurtz did not quote her exact words--though considering that she was the apparent source of his report, that would take some chutzpah. "People like you caused us to lose that war" is a fairly accurate paraphrase of "no wonder you guys lost," so there's no sense in which Kurtz's article is an "absolute lie" that depicts her saying something "absolutely out of character for me."

www.fair.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that the two sentences are the same. I can certainly see Ann saying "No wonder you guys lost!", attempting to be sarcastically funny.

Land mines, huh? They suck. Drawing the minimap on a card, and if you have to unass the area in a hurry and can't pick them back up...yup, they suck.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I wouldn't say that the two sentences are the same. I can certainly see Ann saying "No wonder you guys lost!", attempting to be sarcastically funny.

Land mines, huh? They suck. Drawing the minimap on a card, and if you have to unass the area in a hurry and can't pick them back up...yup, they suck.

Its still really really insensitive to the vets. To make a joke about soldiers who didn't really know what they were doing, blowing themselves up...come on now Thomas...surely even you can see how terribly awfully distasteful that is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join