It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Duped By UFO Debunkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Robert Hastings goes on the offensive with the MSM:

On August 11, 2008, I sat down with Albuquerque Journal reporter John Fleck to discuss my extensive research on nuclear weapons-related UFO activity and the publication of my 600-page book, UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites. Over the last 35 years, I have interviewed nearly 100 former or retired U.S. Air Force nuclear missile personnel, including launch officers, targeting officers, maintenance personnel and security guards. These individuals report ongoing UFO surveillance of our strategic weapons sites, as well as the occasional disruption of those weapons’ functionality, just after UFOs were observed to be in their vicinity.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

[Ooops By Frank]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Thanks for posting that,

i have always been very interested in Mr. Jacobs story or account of what he witnessed that day and i have always had a gut feeling that he is telling the truth.

it's no wonder that there has been attempts to discredit his story and in my opinion that would be expected with the sensitive material involved.

also, any author that is writing a book about it that includes his accounts along with confirming information such as the Mansmann testimony would have to realize that this would happen and should not be a surprise really.

anyways thanks again i enjoyed reading the article but i did notice the link to his blog is not working ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Good Day easynow!

Originally posted by easynow

Thanks for posting that,

i have always been very interested in Mr. Jacobs story or account of what he witnessed that day and i have always had a gut feeling that he is telling the truth.

it's no wonder that there has been attempts to discredit his story and in my opinion that would be expected with the sensitive material involved.

also, any author that is writing a book about it that includes his accounts along with confirming information such as the Mansmann testimony would have to realize that this would happen and should not be a surprise really.

anyways thanks again i enjoyed reading the article but i did notice the link to his blog is not working ?

If you watched the Larry King Show recently, Robert brought Bob Jacobs on with him; there they had to contend with the ignorance of Bill Nye; however, one could see the emotion displayed by Bob while recounting his experience . . . this was/is a significant "UFO event."

As to the repercussions from writing the book, methinks the frustration comes from the ignorance exhibited by "some," usually within the mainstream media who enter the fray without doing their homework (to be polite).

I doubled checked the link, and it's working fine from my end . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

As to the repercussions from writing the book, methinks the frustration comes from the ignorance exhibited by "some," usually within the mainstream media who enter the fray without doing their homework (to be polite).

yes i agree with that and because the UFO subject has been ridiculed all these years by the media, anyone trying to expose or document something like these events will be shunned. it's sad really.

i guess implying that UFO's were the cause of these incidents would create the giggle factor for many who have not done their homework and of course that should be expected but what i find interesting is if these incidents were not caused by UFO's then what the heck was it ? and the media and other interested parties should be seriously looking at it from a military perspective and asking questions to find the truth instead of just dismissing the entire subject because many people believe this to be UFO related.

there are two possibility's when examining these incidents in my opinion,

#1- UFO's did intervene in these situations

#2- the military has UFO technology and was testing it when these things happened.

i believe this is important for us to know the truth and anyone that tries to censor or misconstru the information has an agenda and those persons should be put in the spotlight for their evil efforts.

anyways here is the Larry King show and it's excellent imo....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I watched the entire thing and I thought Bill Nye came off pretty professionally, his points were very valid. Bob Jacobs came off sounding like a nut IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

I watched the entire thing and I thought Bill Nye came off pretty professionally, his points were very valid. Bob Jacobs came off sounding like a nut IMO.

pretty professionally ? he was putting words in Mr. Jacobs mouth and unwilling to explore any other explanations other than what his narrow minded view of this could see.

Mr. Jacobs sounded irate because his integrity was being dis-honered and i dont blame him one bit for getting excited the way he did.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You know, after mulling this clip around in the back of my mind for a couple months, I guess IT IS possible that the military was testing out the plasma gun on a dummy warhead that day.

After all it WAS a cheap dummy. Why would an alien give any special attention to it to knock it down? But the military, knowing they were going to do the test, wanted photographer Jacobs to film a good record of it all.

Then when the testing and filming were over, the government got cold feet about whether Mr. Jacobs had witnessed anything specific that day (remember he says he hadn't, but they wouldn't know that).

So they drag him into a room with the Major and 3 men in black and show him the film and question him, and tell him to shut up, he didn't see anything, and they confiscate the film. All of this to tie up loose ends.

But maybe we did have the technology then, or were in cahoots with beings that did. And Mr. Jacobs would not necessarily have known about this.

Playing devil's advocate with The Science Guy

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hiyah Frank

I always enjoy your threads...this one is very thought-provoking indeed.

I read the OP article, and granted, I don't "know" the parties you are talking about obviously, but it really chaps my buttski that "you" can write so many books, articles, have eye-witness testimony, and devote your life to such a "hobby" and be treated like you're a babbling 2012 Niburu spouting idiot by a "so-called" reporter.

Thanks for posting this

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

LOL... the above post is the reason skeptics are a complete waste of time. Anyone who says Bill Nye came off pretty professionally must have been watching the entire thing with 1 eye closed.
Bill Nye was absolutely awful and had absolutely no proof.

All he could come up with was "It's quite a step to believe they were aliens from another planet!!!" even though nobody even said anything about aliens. Then he dug himself a grave with his "facts" about there being a power outage that day... only to get told by Robert Salas that it had triple backup redundancy on the power.

Then Bill Nye tried to explain away a sighting by saying the airforce had a flight of F16's dropped flares..... The UFOlogists all attacked Bill Nye almost on cue and said that was 10.00pm that the F16's happened and not 8.30pm when the sighting occurred.... so Bill Nye changes his story to say the explanation is that everyone must have confused the time.

All it did was show exactly what Stanton Friedman said at the beginning of the discussion... Bill Nye is a "scientist" who stands up before everyone and tries to give professional scientific views on a subject that he has not even bothered going out and researching. He got found out.

So this is your highly professional skeptic is it? Bill Nye is a disgrace and what little credibility he had got absolutely slaughtered in this interview.

Oh and it is a 4 part interview... you can see the whole lot below.

Pt 1 - www.youtube.com...
Pt 2 - www.youtube.com...
Pt 3 - www.youtube.com...
Pt 4 - www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Total Package]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have a problem with these kinds of "interviews". How can you seriously address such a complex issue as this in 1-2 hours, divided by 5 people and commercial breaks? It's absurd to think that ANY kind of real critical debating would happen in such a small amount of time. Just as you've begun to set the context for your answer it's time to spin the bottle and move to the next speaker. Imagine if we settled murder trials in our courts (America) with these kinds of time constraints?

I do think Bill Nye came off a bit arrogant, but so did Stanton and the other guy, so most of them are guilty as far as I'm concerned, and did little to move this subject forward OR backward.
Bill struck me as a defense attorney who neglected to research the evidence from the prosecutors, and when it came time in court his only defense was to quote scripture from the scientific method and half-hazardly negate expert witness testimony. Bad call...

The only good thing I see that came of this "interview" is that it does show, at some level, that some of mainstream media are covering these kinds of topics more.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
I have a problem with these kinds of "interviews". How can you seriously address such a complex issue as this in 1-2 hours, divided by 5 people and commercial breaks? It's absurd to think that ANY kind of real critical debating would happen in such a small amount of time. Just as you've begun to set the context for your answer it's time to spin the bottle and move to the next speaker. Imagine if we settled murder trials in our courts (America) with these kinds of time constraints?

I do think Bill Nye came off a bit arrogant, but so did Stanton and the other guy, so most of them are guilty as far as I'm concerned, and did little to move this subject forward OR backward.
Bill struck me as a defense attorney who neglected to research the evidence from the prosecutors, and when it came time in court his only defense was to quote scripture from the scientific method and half-hazardly negate expert witness testimony. Bad call...

The only good thing I see that came of this "interview" is that it does show, at some level, that some of mainstream media are covering these kinds of topics more.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Flux8]

I agree that it's almost impossible to have a debate about it.... I would love to see something like this debated over 4 or 5 hours. You could see Stanton and the rest of the UFO believers just champing at the bit to tear Bill Nye to shreads. Could you imagine if Bill Nye trying to debunk all of this stuff.... he would be a nervous wreck. That's why Stanton came across a bit arrogant.... only because you could see he just wanted to rip into him and knew he wasn't going to have enough time to get out what he wanted to.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Total Package]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Mornin' TP,

You could see Stanton and the rest of the UFO believers just champing at the bit to tear Bill Nye to shreads. Could you imagine if Bill Nye trying to debunk all of this stuff.... he would be a nervous wreck.

Felt compelled to point out the fact that the term, "UFO" was officially borne, and inserted into the Air Force lexicon in 1952. There is no debate, question or argument about the reality of UFOs, and their existence; there hasn't been since the late '40's. Moreover the Air Force's "official" position on the subject is that "they (UFOs) aren't a threat to national security."

All that said, it is nonsensical to associate the noun, "believer" or the verb, "believe" with UFO, or UFOs. It's akin to saying, the "Empire State Building believers," or "they believe in Mt Rushmore" . . . all are irrational.

Cheers,
Frank

new topics

top topics

join