It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alleged Bill Cosby Platform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
First I must apologize if this has been posted to death or if this is the wrong board as I rarely cross the line into ATS politics.

I received this political platform in an e-mail from my mother who in turn received it from our neighbor. It does not look authentically Cosby, so I did some quick Googling. Snopes.com (also containing the full text) confirms that it is not from Bill Cosby.

"I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.
HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) Press 1, for English is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the 'Walmart' policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

..... "
Snopes for full text

Regardless of who wrote it, how many people you know would vote for a candidate running on these promises? I mean going on the desired results alone, not technicalities of how it would be done or political correctness. Obviously running the country isn't as simple as saying, "Imports are now illegal," and the boats all turn back.

I am not into politics (I say so to profess my ignorance of the truth), but this sounds like what Obama is doing. All I pick up on is that he wants "change" and has "hope" - a nice message without a clear plan for achieving it. I don't mean this to support or detract from him or make the thread about him - he is very popular and has gotten very far with that message, so maybe this "Cosby platform" would get far too.

It seems to me that these ideas and their intended results would secretly have bipartisan popularity but go too far past political correctness to get the votes. What do you think? All-American or ideals only a crazy old coot would have?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That is the oldest sales trick in the book (saying you are not doing something then going ahead and doing it). You say you don't want to support or detract from Obama and at the same time make a negative statement about him. Don't make blanket statements about a person's message when you haven't even taken the time to hear it. How can you say he doesn't have a clear plan if you are ignorant of the truth?

Get educated so you can give an intelligent opinion based of facts instead of this rebbish. Just because you say he doesn't have a plan doesn't make it so. This post is as bad or worse than the Cosby e-mail.

join