It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain to announce his VP Friday. Predictions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It better be Romney.

This will allow pluckey to become a prophet.

Romney will add the economic edge McCain needs. He'll deliver Michigan and perhaps turn the tide in Ohio. KBH offers some initial novelty but Mitt brings the substance.

Becker

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, after reading all these, no one has mentioned Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty. CNN and Fox news has narrowed McCain's VP pick either to Romney or Pawlenty. Personally I think Pawlenty would be the best pick for McCain. Pawlenty has a 53% approval rating in Minnesota, which since the 70's, all the electoral votes have gone democrat. In fact, during the Regan election (Regan/Mondale), Minnesota was the only state NOT for Regan. Pawlenty has done a decent job and the people still approve of him in a liberal state.

He is a younger, white man. Or for Mitt Romney. Its a toss-up.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
plucky prediction: McCain will choose a slightly younger, rich, white guy. If I am right, I am a prophet.

No, if you're right it means you're an average guesser. In order to be a prophet you need to name a name, tell us what he's going to be wearing when he makes his acceptance, when's the next time he will throw up and you must be spot on with your predictions. If you can manage that, you need to post back here with some lotto numbers.

Predicting that one white politician will choose another white politician as his running mate - boring, and you can see it coming a mile down the road.

I would applaud Kay Bailey Hutchison, but I don't think she's very well known around the country. I liken her to Obama choosing Kathleen Sebelius. Condi Rice - a good choice, though the Dems would have a field day with her part in setting up the Iraq war.

I do think it will be Mitt Romney, just because he's the obvious choice at this point. I do really hope that McCain steers clear of Huckabee.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Romney, Condie or Tom Ridge. I realize that is vague, but its the best I can do.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
In fact, during the Regan election (Regan/Mondale), Minnesota was the only state NOT for Regan.

1980: Minnesota, Hawaii, Georgia, Rhode Island, Maryland, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia gave Jimmy Carter a total of 49 electoral votes to 489.
1984: Minnesota and the District of Columbia gave Mondale 13 electoral votes. OUCH!
Quite a year and good post.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No matter who he picks he's a loser and it will only be more of the Bush administration.

That senile old man aint going far.....Unless there's some coup, and thats a possility.

Who the heck wants a senile old man, who i s an extension of Bush and Cheney?????

I dont think so.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
When the news media picks your best choice, and you pick it, then that's like what happened after 9-11 when the media got a lot of ppl choosing Bush for 2nd term surely. Do you see what happens when the news media says who you should pick or says who is better for you to pick? The person they pick is as good as bad luck for the world if not just the nation.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just heard a clip of the TV news out a San Antonio, TX (6PM 8/28) that Kay Bailey Hutchison has stated she has not been contacted about the VP position.

For whatever that is worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join