It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Owes America An Alzheimer's Test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Progress

Originally posted by maybereal11
I am a strong Obama supporter.

I do not believe age is an issue here and McCain doesn't owe anybody an Alzheimer's test.

Just my 2 cents.

Age is not an issue. Age and alzheimers are.

Let me clarify then. "Alzheimers Disease" is not an issue with me concerning John McCain.

Less than 15% of people over the age of 71 have Alzheimers. It is a "disease" not a certaintity of old age and John McCain, though occasionally having made gaffes or blunders does not exhibit the symptoms of Alzheimers disease. He is on camera all the time during this election and if he had Alzheimers you would see clear evidence rather than gaffes, poorly chosen words etc.

Wow...am I really defending John McCain? No I don't think the man should be Potus, but let's play fair, even if the other team doesn't always do so.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is ridiculous,

My mother was diagnosed 4 years ago with alzheimers. Her decision making abilities are still fine, it's been more about her speech and getting the words out properly. She has had no issues with anger or emotions to this point and yes she is in her 70's.

What I am seeing here is rather funny......

Mccain = too old
Obama = too young

where are all the candidates in their 50's?

Fortunately I am not from the US so I do not have to vote for either. But it's fun to watch.

But, don't you think that Obama runs a much greater risk of being assassinated then Mccain does of becoming mentally incapacitated?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
McCain needs to announce his intentions of only seeking 1 term. That would help him out with Conservatives knowing they would only have to bear with him for 4 years, and it would also give hope to the disenfranchised Hillary voters pushing them toward McCain to stick it to Obama.

The Clintons will work behind the scenes to make this happen. They stopped Kerry in 2004 to set her up for 2008. Now they will have to stop Obama in 2008 to set her up for 2012. Her theme for 2012...."I told you so!"

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

And for the record, the only "agenda" i have is to eliminate the stupidity posted on the decision 2008 forum.

When they make you a MOD be sure to u2u me. Just because an opinion is contrary to your own doesn't make it stupid. And while you are busy chasing "stupidity" from the boards, don't forget your manners.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
First off, I support Obama in this election. just to be clear...

Let us not single out McCain. And let us not single out Alzheimers.

Why not require medical testing/record releases of all candidates on the presidential ballot. Possibly a drug/alcohol screening as well. If they want to be commander-in-chief of the armed services, they should be required to have the same physical examination grunts would have.

Mental Evaluation need to be implemented immediately on ALL elected officials.
I have a strong feeling a large amount of Napoleon complexes and Bi-Polarity would be found in the halls of Congress.

My $.02.

Coven

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

Of course... because that can't simply be because those people that "should remember" just don't care about voting. I mean, I'm not voting and I couldn't tell you when we're supposed to vote, but I'm sure my 90 year old great grandma could. Why? Because she actually cares about it more than me.

And to everyone that doesn't want McCain to take a test... why are you so scared about it? It's as if you think he might have it and are afraid to see the results. If you're saying that he's being singled out, then why not we just have Obama take the same tests? Personally I would find it bad for McCain if he didn't take this kind of test because it'd be him hiding things from the public, something that Bush does, which would make him oh so much more similar to him... which is the last thing that I want, another Bush... and even worse is a Bush with Alzheimer's.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coven

I agree with you. Presidents should pass through the best medical screening of any position in the country. Mental, Physical, and Chemical.
All of them. Like they say, It ain't personal, bend over and grab yer ankels.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by theblunttruth

Advice? We need ideas - new ones, good ones and lots of them.

Besides:

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth. - Baz Luhrmann

We need 21st Century solutions, outside the box and forward thinking. Mccain's first reaction to the Russian/Georgian conflict was to jump ugly and start throwing around 20th Century, Cold War rhetoric like it was 1980.

The past makes us what we are today, and today make us what we are tomorrow, see the trend?

Cold War rhetoric? I think you'll find that was Putin, what McCain did was provided a sure, stern and bold reply to the continued Russian aggression. What did Obama do? Issue an incoherent, empty statement from an Hawaian Beach!!! in these tough times, America needs a leader with strength and assurance and most of all experience to stand up to political stalwarts like Putin. Obama is far too inexperienced and sometimes empty to be able to tackle bears like Russia!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Are you serious? Your source is democrat.com? Doesn't that speak for itself. Anything from a party's website is pure propaganda. Note I said party, as in any party.

McCain is fluent, intelligent, and cohesive. Watch him speak, there is nothing to indicate there's anything wrong. If you're still not convinced, compare his speeches to Bush's and then tell me who you think should be tested.

And no, I am not a huge McCain fan.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by avingard]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hate to tell you, but:

1. The ONLY test that confirms Alzheimers Disease is an autopsy,

2. McCain has in fact released his medical records.

3. Funny that the idiot that posted this thread didn't criticise Bill Clinton for going on the Tonight Show and making jokes about himself.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That is enough...

Back to civility and decorum.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
McCain is fluent, intelligent, and cohesive. Watch him speak, there is nothing to indicate there's anything wrong. If you're still not convinced, compare his speeches to Bush's and then tell me who you think should be tested.

I REALLY beg to differ with you here!

Dazed and Confused

This confusion and forgetfulness could very well be symptoms of alzheimers or that he is showing symptoms of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).

John McCain's Suicide Attempt and His Resulting PTSD

McCain claims his POW sufferings included three years in solitary confinement where he was tortured so badly that he "broke," causing him to attempt suicide.

What McCain's promoters have carefully edited out of their McCain-for-president equation is his post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Department of Defense psychiatrists have evaluated McCain for PTSD several times, the results of which remain locked by privacy laws.

PTSD can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which physical harm occurred or was threatened. U.S. government studies have concluded that former POWs "may remain embroiled in a harsh psychological battle with themselves for decades after returning home."

And here is the reason I brought up that his forgetting things and confusion could MAYBE be attributed to PTSD.

An outcome of PTSD is a subtle web of personal problems including difficulty in controlling intense emotions such as anger and an inability to function well under stress.

Psychologist Patricia B. Sutker of the New Orleans Veterans Administration Medical Center and her colleagues reported in a 1991 issue of the American Journal of Psychiatry that as many as nine of 10 surviving U.S. servicemen taken captive during the Korean War may suffer from PTSD and other mental disorders more than 35 years after their release.

In a follow-up study, VA experts concluded that POWs suffer "a much greater risk of developing PTSD than combat veterans."

The chances are very, very high that McCain IS suffering from PTSD.

McCain's fits of anger are infamous and numerous and the stress of this campaign may just be too much for him and and the confusion and forgetfulness during his speeches may just be symptoms of his PTSD.

Remember that being the president of the US is a very stressful job!

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Paternity test?

Its turning into Barnum, folks.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
Hate to tell you, but:

2. McCain has in fact released his medical records.

Do you really think he "released" all his medical records to the public?

This doesn't sound like a full disclosure to me!

McCain to Allow Peek at Medical Pecords

McCain last revealed his medical records in 1999, making 1,500 pages of records available to reporters when he was competing with George W. Bush for the Republican nomination. The records spanned his time in the Navy to his failed bid for the White House.

The newer batch of records has strict security guidelines attached. Only certain news networks and newspapers will be permitted to enter the room, and they will have only three hours to examine the papers.

No cell phones or Internet access will be allowed in the room, located in a resort outside Phoenix, Arizona. Copying the records is also prohibited.

Anyone who leaves the room for any reason except the bathroom will not be allowed back.

McCain's campaign says the rules allow for a "thorough and substantive review" of McCain's medical history.

1,500 pages are A LOT of pages to go through in three hours!

Why not just release them to the public if there's nothing to hide?

What's in John McCain's Medical Records?

The reporters who looked at the records did not describe any mention of a PTSD diagnosis. However, they failed to note that it would have been impossible for McCain to receive such a diagnosis -- since the term "post-traumatic stress disorder" was not in use until seven years after McCain's release from captivity.

You can't diagnose somebody with something that hasn't been named yet!

This next paragraph is VERY interesting!

There are behaviors associated with the candidate that would be consistent with a diagnosis of PTSD. Author Robert Timberg mentions McCain's intense explosions of anger --- a hallmark sign of lingering mental trauma from war -- in his book "John McCain: An American Odyssey." Timberg describes the episodes as "an eruption of temper out of all proportion to the provocation." Timberg, who McCain has said "knows more about me than I do," wrote that McCain's sudden fury is a result of Vietnam coming "back to haunt him." McCain has himself described having an adverse reaction to the sound of jangling keys, which reminds him of his Vietnam jailers. McCain also told doctors that during solitary confinement he had strayed pretty "far out" and had referred to himself as "mentally deteriorating."

I really don't think they are fully disclosing his medical records! He definitely didn't release them to the public.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join