It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Owes America An Alzheimer's Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
someone stating that the occupation of iraq will last for a hunder years if neccesary
when most of the world looked by when the usa invaded without proper cause
is someone not mentaly ready for the out-side-world ,

someone who openly speaks about administering death and other atrocities
is not the person you would want to take care of your childrens future,

mental health has everything to do with a propper candidate for presidency

either way,

to me he still shows sighns of ptsd
and neglect, as if he ´s running away from him self and just joking the subject of matter away

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

They make you take a physical when you join the fire department, they make you take a physical when you enter the military, they make you take a physical to get insurance.

Is that a serious question?

Fire Department - Lifting heavy stuff. dont want you to get out there and not be able to lift something and die

Military - i think that speaks for its self. the US has the greatest military machine in the entire existence of Civilization. Lets keep it that way.

Health Insurance: They don't want to insure someone who's going to die tomorrow. Makes sense to me.

President? Why does the president have to take a physical?

"Turn your head to the left and cough, Mrs. President" ...somehow i dont see that necessary.

Does he have Alzheimers? NO!

Why in the hell are you guys taking part in the "anti-obama" style smear campaign agains mccain??

Do you not realize how cheap, degrading, and infantile it is?

Have you ever heard of "take the high road" ?

Have you ever heard of "intelligent conversation" ?

Seriously.

I'm all for a good old fashioned GOP Blast fest...especially on McCain.

But this isnt a blast fest

its a mud slinging extravaganza

and it has no place on ATS

Seriously....very seriously....highly disappointing.

McCain's policies make for PLENTY of scrutinizing.

"HE IS TOO OLD" Is too old its self.

This is the election for the President of the United States.
Not a dinner room discussion where the father is talking tot he daughter about her new boyfriend.

Seriously - grow a few synapses and find something worthwhile to pick on mccain with.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You're not getting it.

(You might have missed what I added above.)

Originally posted by loam
Frankly, this whole "testing" thing is pretty outrageous. I mean think about what you are suggesting...medical diagnostic and assessment testing as a pre-condition to holding political office.

What could get more Orwellian than that?

In fact, why stop there? Why not proceed to genetic testing to identify the possibility of other equally disabling diseases??? Why does Alzheimer's get special consideration?

You are asking for a very scary thing, imo-- all for an overblown aversion to some risk that a president might become incapacitated while in office.

Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by BlackOps719
They make you take a physical when you join the fire department, they make you take a physical when you enter the military, they make you take a physical to get insurance.

Isn't that effectively what McCain's physician did and then some, by allowing inspection of McCain's medical records?

Or were you intending a government or opposition-party controlled physician to make the assessment?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Is it possible...in this reality...that a candidate could speak his mind on template...and give the the 'millions of dollars' to a good cause. Is that possible? I'll be real honest with you. I hate politcis in America. It is a Broken system.
Broken, inefficient, and totally bogus. I apologize for this system.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have to admit I do worry that mentally McCain is a bit "foggy" due to some of his confounding statements. It'd be nice if he did take the test but I wouldn't support any demand that he should without some serious evidence that if he had Alzheimer's that he could potentially put the country in jeopardy. Like trying to ring room service and accidentally sending nukes off to Russia.

On a side note I think those jokes were hilarious though.

I recall someone here posting a link to McCains birth certificate and when I clicked it, there was something that looked like the dead sea scrolls.

His joking makes the attacks against his age seem less threatening and nothing to take serious. It's actually a good tactic.

Still not voting for him though.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
McCain was compromised in his service to America. Don't you dare make light of him. He got his head kicked in. Certainly not by choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

McCain was compromised in his service to America. Don't you dare make light of him. He got his head kicked in.

What in Gods name are you talking about?
Make light of what, and who kicked his head in?

I recall someone here posting a link to McCains birth certificate and when I clicked it, there was something that looked like the dead sea scrolls.

That was ME

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
McCain was compromised in his service to America. Don't you dare make light of him. He got his head kicked in.

Was that directed to my post?

I wasn't making light of him, I was laughing at his self-deprecating humor. I thought the jokes he told were funny and made me laugh...which I thought was his point in telling them.

I know full well what McCain went through.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Listen here buckos. I don't like the guy personally. But he got knocked around by the vietcomg...for years. You wanna kick somebodies butt...kick mine. Much better than I can say for w's dis service.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So we should vote for him be cause he got his brains smashed against his skull in the service of his country?

Most disabled vets, and I am one, only get a handicapped parking sticker.

I don't have the sticker, don't lunch at the whitehouse, don't even have the special license plate. So I think the presidency may be overdoing it a touch.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Listen here buckos. I don't like the guy personally. But he got knocked around by the vietcomg...for years. You wanna kick somebodies butt...kick mine.

What are you talking about?
Seriously I just don't understand.

Can you point out the part in my post that offended you and we can go from there?
I think you are overreacting a bit.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Most likely so. My point is...the guy got his head kicked. I wouldn't vote for him if my life depended on it. I apologize for over reacting. But don't hate on the guy. Please.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You wanna kick somebodies butt...kick mine.

I don't want to kick McCains butt, man.

If you read my post I said I don't even support making him take a test at all and have stated that his jokes directed at himself are a good tactic to diffuse troublesome age issues brought up by his opposition.

You need to chill man I think you are not understanding me.
I don't need to poke fun at McCain anyway, he's doing a good job of it himself.

And yes...I have a right to laugh at him when he does.

- Lee

[edit on 28-8-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Sigh.....sometimes I have a very large problem trying to make my intentions known. It's my problem. I don't blame any of you for not understanding me.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I will digress on this thread. McCain got his head kicked in. If you had a heart in your body you would understand that.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think it's funny that people say McCain is losing it, but Barry Obama couldn't even remember what city he was in during the first night of the convention. Are you in St. Louis or Kansas City? Too bad he is protected by the liberal media. He has made so many gaffes in the past few months, yet you need to search for them on YouTube to find them.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Please get off your sanctimonious kick about this being an Anti-Obama style smear campaign against McCain. You can say it a dozen times but it won't make it true. No one is saying that he does in fact have Alzheimer's, but whether or not his judgment is sound is completely valid.

I could care less about his age or his physical condition. I do care about his mental faculties. Judgment is pertinent to being a good executive. But as a matter of fact, many companies are now requiring a physical from their million dollar CEO's before hiring. Why? Because what affects the decision maker affects the business.

The ageism spin is just a load of B.S. Patrick Leahy is no spring chicken and he has expressed concerned about McCain's mental clarity, just as other members of the Senate have expressed concerns regarding his temperament.

I don't participate in " smear campaigns" but I do strive to make valid points and express my opinion within the guidelines of the T&C.

Edit to add: He's clearly not the man he was in 2000 and the nation deserves to know if it's related to his mental faculties. Does he not answer the questions because he can't remember details or because he is tightly managed by his advisors? IMO, McCain has never been one to be "managed":

www.time.com...

[edit on 28/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Im not launching any smear campaign against John Mccain, I am simply pointing out medical fact. If old people have to get tested by the DMV to guarantee that their vision is good enough to operate a motor vehicle then they should damn well have to take a test for POTUS to guarantee that their mental condition is just as sturdy and reliable.

Anyone who isn't a resident drama queen would understand this as fact. The very idea of you berating anyone for typing misleading or cheap shot material against a candidate is laughable considering you seem to have made somewhat of a career of it around here.

Let's give the sudden faked sense of outrage and moral concern a rest, it makes you appear arrogant and foolish.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well say what you like, but i was brought up to respect my elders. Some of the wisest and most important advice was bestowed upon me by grandparents! Money can't buy experience, older the wiser, its quite simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

Advice? We need ideas - new ones, good ones and lots of them.

Besides:

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth. - Baz Luhrmann

We need 21st Century solutions, outside the box and forward thinking. Mccain's first reaction to the Russian/Georgian conflict was to jump ugly and start throwing around 20th Century, Cold War rhetoric like it was 1980.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join