It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Owes America An Alzheimer's Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

www.democrats.com

While Ted Kennedy and Michelle Obama were rocking the Democratic convention in Denver, John McCain made his 13th appearance with Jay Leno to joke about his age. McCain joked, "You forgot to mention that I warned the people about the British coming," and added, "my Social Security number is eight."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
At the age of 72 , McCain has not released his medical records for the campaign , displaying 6 out of 10 warning signs of Alzhiemer's desease.

www.democrats.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I agree,
Age is so much more important than race.

72yrs old?.. that means, he could 'possibly' be, 80yrs old when he leaves office.

80?.. do many people know an 80yr old?

Just how sharp are they?

Yes, elderly people can be smart and hold their witts, but thats an extreme minority.

Theres a reason they dont want to release his medical records, because him, like bush.. I believe are 'subjects'

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obama owes America a Certificate of Natural Birth.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
All candidates, regardless of the office they are running for, local or national, should be required to make available all records to the people that they will be serving.

No more lies, no more secrets!!

As Vallhal said "I don't pay taxes to buy lies"

[edit on 27-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I believe there is eligibility issues on McCain also . Different subject different post.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think an alzheimers test should be applied to all candidates for the office.
You should not single out McCain. I think Obama could survive the ordeal.

It's a darned good thought. I hope the media runs with it.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Obama owes America a Certificate of Natural Birth.

Wait......i thought Obama was a dual citizen?

When will you guys get your conspiracies straight?

How can someone be something, and not be the same something, at the same time?

Thats like saying that an apple is actually not apple, but is a paraquat.

Extraordinary theories call fro extraordinary proof

your theory has brought nothing to the table in the form of proof

the only things its brought to discussion is ANOTHER theory that totally negates the first.

Oh, and - ATS has a policy against 1 line statements...just in case you forgot

It makes it a lot more stimulating for conversation - as it would give the illusion that you actually have an opinion on something.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Even his fellow Senators are concerned...

www.politico.com...

With Democrats on the precipice of raising the age issue against John McCain, Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont seemed to cross the line completely, then immediately backtrack, my colleague Ken Vogel reports.

Leahy told Vogel yesterday the media has given McCain a free pass on flubs including mixing up Middle East geography, Shiite and Sunni Muslims, and referring to Russia's relationship Czechoslovakia — a country that hasn't existed for 15 years.

"It was the same way with Ronald Reagan in the last few years he was president," Leahy said, referring to the belief that Reagan experienced early signs of Alzheimer's disease late in his presidency.

The press "let Ronald Regan get away with" slips, Leahy said, though he denied he was suggesting that McCain was experiencing mental decline.

"No, I'm just saying he gets a free ride," Leahy said.

I don't think it's crossing the line at all. It's completely valid to want assurances that our next President will be competent. We over-looked that last time and look what happened.

There is a reason why the issue of whether elderly people should be allowed to drive or not is a hot topic - it's called cognitive function.

Clarity of thought is a valid concern. McCain hasn't been able to put this issue to rest for months. In fact, it seems to be getting worse with more and more examples of verbal gaffes, awkward jokes and incorrect facts.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I personally feel that a politicians health is pretty irrelevant. What someone running for President owes the American people in such regards is choosing someone competant as a runningmate that is qualified and capable of stepping in should the President die or become physically/mentally unable to do the job. Though I highly doubt I'll be voting for Obama-Bidden, Obama has made a choice who fits this criteria.

I'd like to mention three letters that anyone who feels such information is very important should remember-FDR.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Alzheimers is more pernicious than death, it steals your memory, and your judgement from you progressively.

I don't want someone who is in gradual decline with his finger on the big red button. It's not a game.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

We're talking mental stability here. Besides the classic forgetfulness, some early symptoms of Alzheimer's disease are anger and hostility, as many sufferers feel their life is out of control.

I'm not saying the minute details of their overall physical health need to scrutinized but certainly mental health and clarity of thought should be requisite for such a powerful position.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

www.democrats.com

I think it PATHETIC that a party, who purports to fight against discrimination, could be so openly discriminatory to McCain's age.

It's a clear indication that nothing will improve and that the dishonest hell of the last 8 years will definitely continue for at least the next four.

Different objectives...same means....

[edit on 28-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
1.) Just because you're 70 years old doesnt mean you're unqualified to do anything

2.) McCain exhibits no signs of Alzheimers what so ever

3.) This isnt the stance of the democratic party, so do not confuse it as such

I'm so thankful for the Bully Pulpit
But oh so disappointed that it pales in comparison for over all popularity

to the OP

I admire your stand against McCain

but please - for the sake of reasonable debate - don't bash a man for his age

it's no different that the morons on here bashing Obama for his skin color or his religion

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Does such an expectation of records pertaining to an age related disease not reek of ageism? Wouldn't that be the moral equivilant of expecting Obama to have a test for Sickle Cell?

Having had one grandfather suffer dementia before he passed on, and the other degrading from Alzhiemer's daily, I do have some experience with dealing with it.

Can you really, with a straight face read the linked to source that included the six signs that was in the text of the OP and see it as anything but a shamefull partisan jamjob? Do you think pursuing this line of questioning will really endear Obama to constituency that unlike the starry-eyed young Obama-fans reliably show up to vote? I'm sure the 60+ crowd will really love that line of attack by a candidate they already aren't too fond of.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I personally feel that a politicians health is pretty irrelevant.

Are you serious? I can't even believe I just read that. A politicians health is VERY serious, as is his age.
I had a grandmother that had Alzheimers, and it got really bad just before she died. She did not even know who we were, and I can remember my mother not wanting to put her in a nursing home no matter what, but had no choice when she would go out of the room for just a few minutes and when she came back my grandmother was nowhere in the house to be found. She later found her 2 blocks away wandering around aimlessly in traffic.
Not only is there a possibility of him already showing signs of this disease, but at that age who knows what else could be wrong with him.
To say it doesn't matter because there will be a vice president to step in is insane. And by the way, I am by no means an Obama fan or supporter either, I think they both suck to be honest, but the health of the person who is running to be the president of the United States is extremely important, especially when whoever wins office will have their hands full with the mess this country is in right now.
And the next time I jump out of an airplane, I shouldn't worry about the main chute opening cause I will have a back up right?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Tell me about it Andrew

We got them accusing him of being born Kenya, then its the fact he lived in Indonesia for 4years and apparently gained citizenship there, now its the fact he was born in the United states but he has citizenship somewhere else. I mean this smear keeps on changing and all the while the only sources of evidence are linked to articles posted on rightwing focused sites that still dont provide any evidence.

They accuse Obama of being a muslim then they accuse him of being a racist christian then they claim that he was just raised as a christian. They call the man an elitist but at the same time they call him a marxist all the while McCain cant remember howmany houses he has and says theres no economy issue.

Oh the hypocrisy, the flip flopping, the old politics, all coming from a righties so desperate to keep things in the past. Its a shame

In all honesty McCains age does worry me as to any politician running for POTUS because you do age quicker as president. That being though I will only stick to arguing policies and hypocrisy/flip flopping tactics coming from the GOP, and I will be countering the smears. I only intend to vote for somebody over their policies and judgement, not age, race or religion, hopefully most of the McCain supporters will do the same.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

c'mon loam,
would you be happy with an 80yr old running America?

And this isnt anything about him 'being old'
its about his ability to make the correct mental decision.

When your 80, that doesnt happen as good as when your 40, or 60..

Nothing against old people, but for such an important job, that potentially holds the WORLD at bay, id rather know that person isnt suffering mentally, which any old person can.

we dont allow old people driver's licenses because its a danger?
Whats wrong with them driving 'america'?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

Honestly, I don't care the least bit about what's in McCain's or Obama's medical records. I do care about who either chooses to run with them. Alzheimer's is a serious issue but if you read my later post and hit the link on the OP you can read the 6 signs yourself and see how you feel about them, and do they look like a doctor or a partisan diagnosed him?

Let's see, a candidate who has a chronic, debilitating, medical condition like say Polio could never be an effective President could they?

Anyway I really hope the Dem machine runs with this and makes it an issue. The backlash from it will be endlessly entertaining.

[Edit to add:]

A person is perfectly within there rights to weigh whatever information they deem relevant to weigh on their decision on who to vote for. Be that age, race, health, charisma, personal attractiveness whatever. Age and medical records disclosure are not things that I place very much weight on. And though I can remember at least one drunken tongu in cheek"of color" remark I've made about I've made about Obama it's not an issue either.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
1.) Just because you're 70 years old doesnt mean you're unqualified to do anything

2.) McCain exhibits no signs of Alzheimers what so ever

3.) This isnt the stance of the democratic party, so do not confuse it as such

I'm so thankful for the Bully Pulpit
But oh so disappointed that it pales in comparison for over all popularity

to the OP

I admire your stand against McCain

but please - for the sake of reasonable debate - don't bash a man for his age

it's no different that the morons on here bashing Obama for his skin color or his religion

Oh to the contrary, McCain has been at a complete loss for information and made incorrect statements a number of times in this election process, all potentially inidicative of alzheimers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join