It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would a woman do that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hm, this could very well be a tricky situation then. Or it could be nothing, which adds to its initial trickiness. Either way, I'd never be the guy that a girl cheated on her boyfriend with. I just couldn't do that to someone. If she's "lining me up" because she doesn't want to break up with her boyfriend until she has another one, I don't really like that either. If she was lying about the boyfriend...that's also kind of a red flag like whatuknow said. I don't like games, although she does seem pretty cool based off of first impressions, I don't know if I'd want to go for it. If she does indeed want to be friends...yeah, I think I could go for that.

So, it would seem "friends" is pretty much the only suitable option right now, unless I compromise some of my views.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
Women are nuts and we don't seem to think rationally till we get into our thirties.

Try to not think about why women do things... you will not ever figure it out. It will also drive you mad.

I'll second that motion. Younger women are just plain odd. There's no telling what's going through their heads. It's a scary world up there. Older women are just as curious and unpredictable, but without the violent mood-swings.

My 2 cents. She was kicking the tires. She had some interest in you and just wanted to move past window shopping and come in and see how the fabric feels. Although she has a boyfriend, it might not be anything serious. If she ends up dating you then cool. If not, just enjoy the conversation. It's better than eating lunch alone.

Women. I can read'em like a book. I just don't know what page they're on.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Either way, I'd never be the guy that a girl cheated on her boyfriend with. I just couldn't do that to someone. If she's "lining me up" because she doesn't want to break up with her boyfriend until she has another one, I don't really like that either.

Yeah. It's a very difficult thing. Us "nice guys" don't want to have to deal with these kinds of complications.

Unfortunately, it's very very difficult to find a woman who is highly attractive but has absolutely nothing else going on in her sex life

If you're unwilling to ever compete with other men and knock another guy out of the competition, you could be faced with being alone for a long time....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Unfortunately, it's very very difficult to find a woman who is highly attractive but has absolutely nothing else going on in her sex life

If you're unwilling to ever compete with other men and knock another guy out of the competition, you could be faced with being alone for a long time....

I don't know, I just figure that if she was willing to leave a current boyfriend for a "better deal," then she'd just do it again to me. I'm sure there are desirable girls out there that don't do that kind of crap....right...?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

LOL! Uhh, you may be asking the wrong guy on that one!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Why would you want to stay with a girl if you know a more fitting, intelligent, beautiful girl that is attracted to you? I wouldn't. Whether you're on the bench(relationship) or on the court(dating), you're still on the team and you're expected to play. It's not until you're retired(married) that you get to call it quits.

If you don't wanna date a girl for being a liar, why would you befriend her?

If you ask me, the girl likes you. Duh! She came to talk to you. She took the most difficult part out of the equation. Considering that she is as beautiful and intelligent as she is, she probably gets hit on constantly by creeps and D-bags. So, to find out if you were one of those guys, she tested you. She says "I have a boyfriend" to see how you react. If you keep cool, ignore the fact that she has a boyfriend and just be you, you'll have her in no time. I know so cause you seem like a pretty cool and respectful dude anyway. If you were a D-bag, you might just move on. And she wins either way.

My .02

The boyfriend test common. I can't tell you how many women I've run into at bars with wedding rings on, who weren't married. It's to keep the A-holes away.

Good luck in college man. If you can't get with her, be her friend. If shes hot, she's bound to have good looking friends too.
Meet as many people as possible. Especially the hot girls like your new crush. Hang out with them often and you'll be surprised how well just hanging out with hot girls works to your advantage.

Have fun

Edit: You should be having fun in college. Live it up man.

-Dev

[edit on 29-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Why would you want to stay with a girl if you know a more fitting, intelligent, beautiful girl that is attracted to you? I wouldn't. Whether you're on the bench(relationship) or on the court(dating), you're still on the team and you're expected to play. It's not until you're retired(married) that you get to call it quits.

If you don't wanna date a girl for being a liar, why would you befriend her?

Well, friendship requires a lot less risk and trust than does a serious relationship. I'm not into dating just for fun at the moment, and I know that I would have a difficult time trusting someone who lied to me in the first place, so it would be a lot more difficult for it to develop into a serious relationship.

If you ask me, the girl likes you. Duh! She came to talk to you. She took the most difficult part out of the equation. Considering that she is as beautiful and intelligent as she is, she probably gets hit on constantly by creeps and D-bags. So, to find out if you were one of those guys, she tested you. She says "I have a boyfriend" to see how you react. If you keep cool, ignore the fact that she has a boyfriend and just be you, you'll have her in no time. I know so cause you seem like a pretty cool and respectful dude anyway. If you were a D-bag, you might just move on. And she wins either way.

Well thanks. I'm glad you don't see me as a D-bag haha. I suppose the pretending to have a boyfriend as a means of warding off idiots does make good sense. Maybe I'll see her again next week and be able to further analyze what's going on. Maybe I'll never run into her again, in which case I should thank her for good conversation and a nice way to kill a two hour gap between classes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Herman a note of caution is worthwhile here. Should you seek to become friends with this girl you may never get out of the friends zone. Friendships between members of the opposite sex can be rewarding under the right circumstances . The one vital thing is that both people in the friendship are operating on the same page.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is obviously a case of N.G.S.. My friend and I have researched it. It stands for Nice Girl Syndrome. It's prevalent among college girls, especially blonds. Was she blond? This is valuable to our research.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
This is obviously a case of N.G.S.. My friend and I have researched it. It stands for Nice Girl Syndrome. It's prevalent among college girls, especially blonds. Was she blond? This is valuable to our research.

Haha yes, she is in fact blond. Very interesting...

Xpert,

I'm unfortunately very aware of the dreaded friend zone. It's a place no man wants to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Good are research has proved valuable. Also if she dresses like Supergirl on Halloween then you must get the hell out of there. Ask my friend Matt

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by Herman

Good are research has proved valuable. Also if she dresses like Supergirl on Halloween then you must get the hell out of there. Ask my friend Matt

Ok, you've peaked my curiosity. Tell me more about this theory. Is it as simple as there are a lot of blond, attractive girls walking around out there that are just really nice to strangers and come off like they're into them?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i have done the same sort of thing (i'm not beautiful or that smart, but whatever). i know how it is to be the new kid. i have been the new kid my whole life! and i have sat at many tables by myself and waited for someone to come save me. i hated it. so when i got a little less shy and a little more self esteem, i would go find someone who looked lonely, nice or interesting and talk with them.

girls go for comfort and security, so if she choose you, thats probably a good sign and says a lot about yourself. don't take things so seriously and just go with it. sounds like you just made a new friend, and if things with the boyfriend go south, you might be just the pick me up she needs. so think positive. and good luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join