It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Laws will be broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It turns out that both the Republicans and Democrats failed to file their presidential candidates by the August 26 deadline with the Texas Secretary of State. Currently the only Presidential candidate on the ballot in Texas is Bob Barr.
Look for yourself: www.sos.state.tx.us...

"Unless the state of Texas violates their own election laws, Congressman Barr will be the only presidential candidate on the ballot," says Russell Verney, campaign manager for the Barr Campaign and the former campaign manager for Ross Perot. "Texas law makes no exceptions for missing deadlines."
source

Now we all know this will be resolved so that all the candidates are on the ballot, but I really doubt they would do the same for Bob Barr.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
VERY interesting!!!!

Makes you wonder what laws have been broken in the past and which will be broken in the future.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Interesting.
Yeah. Someone will blame an Aide or the postal service or some government cover-up which will then be taken to court, argued about in secret then right before the elections, everyone will have their names properly in place in the ballots.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
wow! all i can say is
this is a great find...star and flag!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
duplicate post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think it's funny. Last night Barr was on the Colbert Report an it was mentioned that he was currently only on 48 of the states ballots. No mention that Obama and McCain were only on 49. This issue in Texas might help him get on the remaining ballots if they have to make an exception to put McCain and Obama on in Texas.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What could be the reason for this? How do both parties just forget to file. I could see it if one party did, but both? It has to be deliberate.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can't people still just write in the name of the person they are voting for? I don't understand why this is a big deal, so apparently I'm missing something big (wouldn't be the first time).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Can you imagine if the 2 major candidates had to be written in? Every vote would have to be hand-counted. The big deal to me is that if an exception is made to get the 2 clowns on the ballot, then exceptions should be made to have Barr on the all the ballots.

Maybe even get him into the debates.

Among political independents, 69% said Barr should be at a lectern with Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama, and a majority of Republicans and Democrats agreed. Among Democrats, 52% said they think Barr should participate, while 50% of Republicans agreed.
Zogby

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Ah- good point. See? I knew I was missing something big.

I would imagine people will be getting fired for this, and rightfully so. But it does seem odd that both major candidates didn't get their paperwork in on time. Hm

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I would imagine people will be getting fired for this, and rightfully so. But it does seem odd that both major candidates didn't get their paperwork in on time. Hm

Didn't you know, its just a huge government conspiracy. Texas seems to always be in the spotlight over something ( Our President, the amount of executions they do, etc ) ... why not about the major presidential candidates?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Section 192.031 of the Texas election code says that political parties must certify their presidential and vice-presidential candidates for the November ballot no later than 70 days before the general election. It says, “A political party is entitled to have the names of its nominees for president and vice-president placed on the ballot if before 5 p.m. of the 70th day before presidential election day

source

This may explain a little. I think Texas changed its deadline in 2005. Big goof by both parties.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mtmouse32

Texas seems to always be in the spotlight over something

Have you ever thought that maybe we Texans are just trying to find a way to get even with the Washington Elites for all the times they greased us up and bent us over without our permission.

Care to join us.....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Big Goof? Like Someone didn't call and remind them. It's highly unlikely. It has to be intentional.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have one worry with the whole process now. The case filed in court to have Obama misqualified due to not being an American citizen. They refused the restraining order to prevent him from running, but intend to hear the case.

This could a plot from the very beginning, a republican or bildenburg one, where McCain is getting in no matter what (and the world simply cannot have one more term of this!) so Obama was promoted from the beginning with the intention of pulling the rug out from under him just a few weeks from the election. I wonder if the court bans him from running in the end, if there will be a democrat on the ticket even.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

you make a valid point. They will probably say they turned it in on time but that everything had to be verified and that the site was not updated. They will find a way around it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nevermind...

Texas Secretary of State spokesperson Ashley Burton said that upon further checking, "Both parties filed before the deadline. We expect their amended filings after both parties finish their nominating process at the conventions." Texas law, changed in 2005, requires that the parties submit their candidates names 70 days before the election. Problem is, neither party has gotten through their nominating process. The Texas Republican Party listed John McCain and "running mate" as their candidates, with an amended certification after the GOP convention in St. Paul. Obama and Biden will be certified after the Democratic Convention.
PoliTex
It appears they were able to use their time machines and fix the problem.

top topics

join