It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twisting The Logic Around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Several posts on here, and even national ads, say that since Obama is now neighbors with a man who used to bomb buildings when Obama was 8 that Obama personally bombed buildings and wants to destroy America. That since he is on a Board with a man appointed by the Mayor of Chicago who in the 60's blew up buildings that now Obama if elected will place bombs in every home and business in America.

Well let's turn this logic around...

McCain associates with Vietmanese Communist Torture Masters! He spent YEARS with these people! McCain spent his youth associating with men who TORTURED AMERICAN CITIZENS! HE SPENT YEARS WITH THESE MEN WHO TORTURED AMERICAN TROOPS! How dare anyone vote for a man who associated with these evil communist pigs who tortured American Men in Uniform! DON'T VOTE MCCAIN SINCE HE WILL PERSONALLY HAVE YOUR BABIES TORTURED!

Now sure he was one of them being tortured but hey, we're using the same Republican logic here so it works. If Obama will blow up America because he knows a guy who when Obama was 8 blew up buildings then McCain will personally torture babies if elected.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't know about Obama but,
McCain Was a POW.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes, because Obama was still in elementary and middle school when the war happened. Just like Obama was in elementary and middle school when Ayers blew stuff up. But the GOP is still releasing a commercial screaming that Obama will personally place a bomb in every babies diaper if you vote for him because he now knows Ayers decades after Ayers did what he did.

So using the GOP logic McCain will personally torture all little kids because he associates with communists torture masters who tortured American Troops.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Krieger, buddy, dont bother with these bushies. We have seen over the years how ignorant the american people really are despite the evidence starring them in the face.

Its easier for people these days to believe what they want to believe, its easier for people these days to give into political propaganda. We deserved everything we got over these last 7years and we deserve everything we get in the future.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah. But it still annoys me. If I use the same logic they use I'm attacked as crazy. But I'm just using their logic.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Krieger, they're not saying Obama will literally blow things up, that is rediculous.

They are saying that:

Obama is radical.
Obama Marxist.
Obama is a radical Marxist.

Indeed he is.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
No he's not. The ad is pure BS. Ayers did this stuff when Obama was 8 and Obama has even said what Ayers did was wrong. So again...

MCCAIN WILL TORTURE YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU VOTE FOR HIM! MY PROOF IS HE ONCE ASSOCIATED WITH MEN WHO TORTURED AMERICANS!

Sucks having your logic turned back on you doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Such drama, Krieger. Do us all a favor and hop on over to the thread discussing this topic and READ IT.

The ad didn't say anything of the sort. It only indicated that Obama was friends with a person that once co-founded a domestic terror organization that bombed the capital building and the pentagon among other targets. It then asks, What else don't you know about Obama?

What's strange is that the commercial is 100% factual. The only thing it doesn't mention is that Ayers, 40 years later, is an esteemed college professor. However, he's still unapologetic about his actions in the 60s. Why do crazy people seem to stick to Obama like flypaper?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
No he's not. The ad is pure BS. Ayers did this stuff when Obama was 8 and Obama has even said what Ayers did was wrong. So again...

Have you seen the ad?? Do me a favor and go through it line by line and find the false information. I look forward to your reply.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Yeah. But it still annoys me. If I use the same logic they use I'm attacked as crazy. But I'm just using their logic.

That is where you are wrong, friend. They don't apply logic to their arguments, as you can plainly see. Oh sure, I'll get attacked for this, and people will tell me how evil Obama is, and then hilarity will ensue.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What's strange is that the commercial is 100% factual. The only thing it doesn't mention is that Ayers, 40 years later, is an esteemed college professor. However, he's still unapologetic about his actions in the 60s. Why do crazy people seem to stick to Obama like flypaper?

I believe it may have to do with radical ideals. Ideals that put America as the cause for everything that's bad in the world past and present.

You know the Uni-bomber supports Obama too. Every anti-American does.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Well, it is logic. Just not any normal logic we know. It's Neocon Logic.

Like if Obama visits the Pope then he's a pedophile because the Catholic Church has a pedophile problem. Its BS, but that's why it is Neocon Logic.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OK, that is a fair enough point.
And well spoken, I believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN! MCCAIN SUPPORTS SERIAL KILLERS BECAUSE HE ONCE DROVE BY A PRISON THAT HAD A SERIAL KILLER IN IT!

How dare anyone vote for a man who supports serial killers?!

I can't believe all you republicans are voting for a serial killer worshiper!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Actually, thinking about it, John McCain is a pedophile. How can I prove this? The same way Obama is a terrorist and will blow up America because of the BS Logic Neocons use to tie him with Ayers.

John McCain was an associate with Mark Foley. Mark is a pedophile. Therefor John McCain, a man who has been an associate with Mark Foley for a decade, is a pedophile.

Yep, all these Neocons are supporting and voting for a pedophile if you use their logic to tie Ayers and Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Obama is radical.
Obama Marxist.
Obama is a radical Marxist.

and yet - absolutely no proof to back your childish...i mean...ignorant...i mean......"claim"

Its funny how conservatives work

they say "you dont need proof, my word is good enough"

"IRAQ has WMD's"

Ring a bell, anyone?

top topics

join