It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple Complex on Mars - Acidalia Planitia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Anybody that knows me knows that I'm a stout believer that there was intelligent life at one time on Mars. And it is also of my opinion that it is most likely there are structural artifacts remaining. Unfortunately if found through any type of satellite imagery, they are most likely to be in a serious state of degradation. So every now and then we get lucky and we see things that might look like defunct pyramids, faces, etc... Well, there's not much else for me to say except one E.C. Lausch found some real good stuff. I say good spotting EC!

Read on for specifics.....

The dome in the foreground is intact and has a large entrance with some small structures just inside the doorway. Several large mounds can be seen, possibly buildings covered with layers of Martian dust. The large rise to the left of the fortress also seems to have a cavernous opening in its side. Unlike the ambiguous structures of the Cydonia Mensae area, the Acidalia Planitia complex has clear features, with right angle turns in the outer walls and a classically arched roof fronting its entrance.

The Pyramidal structure is immense, measuring 2800 meters by 3200 meters with the front legs protruding almost 1300 meters from the base. The cane shaped icon displayed on its surface is approximately 400 meters tall. The height of the pyramid at the apex is just short of a kilometer.

The exterior walls of the fortress measure almost 3500 meters with an average height of 360 meters. The arched entrance is 475 meters high. The staircase measures over a half a kilometer in length. One can only guess at the immense size of the buried structure behind the entrance. The collapsed dome to the rear at one time measured in at around 2.2 kilometers in diameter. The openings in it's side are around 700-800 meters.

palermoproject.com...
themis-data.asu.edu...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great find but the last image looks like the ground has domed up due to the coldness and the ice came up above the ground.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Those are very interesting images.

It does look like each of the structures are/were islands. Either each part of the complex was on a different island, or they are part of the geology of the area.

Very interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks BFFT and Peacejet!

It does look like each of the structures are/were islands. Either each part of the complex was on a different island, or they are part of the geology of the area.

....per the measurements given, the arch itself is estimated at about 1550 feet high alone (475meters). That thing is huge!

For these to be islands at one time..I can see that being very plausible.

Heres another pic of a collapsed dome where you can see the remants of the inside. Notice the arched buttress (NE corner of the pic)? I'm including this pic because the similarity in the arches and because you can see inside of the domes ...
Thanks to Keith Laney for this find.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Brilliant! Really worth studying, I hope that these structures and remnants will be carefully studied in the future, on the terrain.

I'm replying to your OP. What you see as a fortress, reminds me rather of a bird, or a dinosaur-bird, in remnants of the animal or in a massive sculpture...

Thanx for posting it on the "Martian-made structures..." thread too.

Curious name as "Acidalia Planitia"...I wonder how the Martians called it,
,I must have missed its location on Mars...

-- and ICE, as mentioned, gives everything a rounder and bigger aspect.

It CERTAINLY must have been said by scientists, sorry I don't have much time to search there, and try to learn from my readings mostly on this forum, to me it indicates a severe glaciation in that area, followed by a warming, thawing must have occured so that these shapes are now partly visible.

Same process as on Cydonia, as it seems.

So it gives me hope: more and more these structures are going to be revealed, and on the next mission, the photos might come back with a lot more details.

I hope as well that everything will be studied from very close, with a lot of samples brought back, from robotic equipment that can climb any surface.

new topics

top topics

join