It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Steroid Abuse Rampant in Poilce Forces in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Boston eyes testing for steroids for police

New York to start random testing of police for steroid use

When I read these articles and start reflecting on all of the beatings, bone breaking, tasering, and other brutalizing I am seeing police do on youtube every day I am wondering is a lot of the root cause stemming from a culture of alcohol abuse combined with these hung over cops juicing on steroids.

It would explain a lot of what we are seeing as a growing rate of police violence across the nation. When you see the size of some of these cops that are the ones most commonly found in police abuse videos they are often over sized, muscle bound, bald guys. They are often rude, violent, and aggressive as well as being big, bald, and brutish looking.

Typical for a person who is doing steroids. Is what we are seeing an epidemic of police steroid abuse across the country? I wonder.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A high-school friend of mine used to buy steroids... from a cop. From what I've seen, steroid use in law enforcement is higher than what you would find in a cross section of society. One thing to consider is that they are humans subject to the same foibles as the rest of us. There are the cops that are drug addicts, pedophiles, rapists, murderers, homophobes, and jerks just as there are in other professions. I think a lot of them lack the self-control and humility that it takes to be in law enforcement. I personally haven't had any bad experiences with law enforcement and I hope I never do. Don't taze me bro.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'd believe it. Everyone is into drugs these days. Out of a class of 200 high school kids I can probably be guaranteed 9/10 will be druggies.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

A high-school friend of mine used to buy steroids... from a cop.

What city state or town was that in? Just looking to see if it was a big N.E. city like the ones with articles linked or some small town in the South or what have you. Looking for any pattern. Purchased steroids from a cop is kind of telling to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

It was in North-East Oklahoma, in the 90's. Also in Oklahoma, and more recently, there was a scandal within the Sand Springs, OK police department regarding steroid use:

Steroid Scandal Within Sand Springs PD

A Green Country police department is charged with illegal steroid use. The Sand Springs Police Department has launched an internal investigation after rumors surfaced of steroid use by several officers.
-SNIP-

Here's another related article:

Big Guns: When Cops Use Steroids

Amid the furor over steroid use by superstar athletes like baseball's Jose Canseco and Jason Giambi, another story is quietly unfolding in small towns and big cities across America -- cops on steroids.
-SNIP-

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Steroid use is VERY high in law enforcement and military personel in the U.S. If only we could start monitoring them the way they are allowed to monitor us

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.brightcove.tv...
This link is a video about the growing problem of police abuse of steroids

Department of Justice Report on Steroids
sites the nationwide growth of abuse of steroids among police and I quote:

Law Enforcement Despite the illegality of steroids without a prescription and the known dangers of steroid abuse the problem continues to grow in the law enforcement community. In Minneapolis, a police sergeant was charged for possession of steroids. He admitted to being a user of steroids. In Miami, a police officer was arrested for purchasing human growth hormone kits (HGH) from a dealer. The dealer had also informed Federal officials that the police officer had purchased anabolic steroids from him on four other occasions. In Tampa, a police officer was sentenced to 70 months in jail for exchanging 1,000 ecstasy tablets from police custody for steroids.

Looks like even the DEA is concerned about this problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
waccobb.net...

This link about has every important link and article or video referenced on the subject of police abuse of steroids. Collectively all of this data is starting to explain a lot.

new topics

top topics

join