It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Nominated by Acclamation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.cnn.com...
elections.foxnews.com...

I don't know why, but it seems like all of this was completely orchestrated. If this was all going to happen anyway, why didn't they just let New York go first? For drama purposes? Either way, unless something happens between now and the elections, it's set in stone - Barrack Obama is the Democratic Nominee and most likely, the President of the United States.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.cnn.com...

I don't know why, but it seems like all of this was completely orchestrated. If this was all going to happen anyway, why didn't they just let New York go first? For drama purposes? Either way, unless something happens between now and the elections, it's set in stone - Barrack Obama is the Democratic Nominee and most likely, the President of the United States.
[edit on 8/27/2008 by SonicInfinity]
I don't know about that. Still have a ways to go until this election is officially decided.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes, I thought it was a very classy move by Hilary Clinton. My respect for her shot sky high when she did that...not to mention her speech last night.

On CNN, they showed two black men crying after the announcement. It brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful day for the black community and in my opinion, long overdue.

I know that many on ATS do not trust Obama, but I am choosing to put my faith in him. Now, if Bush will just leave office.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes, I thought it was a very classy move by Hilary Clinton. My respect for her shot sky high when she did that...not to mention her speech last night.

On CNN, they showed two black men crying after the announcement. It brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful day for the black community and in my opinion, long overdue.

I know that many on ATS do not trust Obama, but I am choosing to put my faith in him. Now, if Bush will just leave office.
Hilary did do what was right in the end. I never thought I'd see the day when an African American would be nominated as President. History is being written. Either way this Presidential race will be in the history books.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BanzaiBoy

Although I do not like Hillary, one has to give the Senator her due. I'm sure she will get a cozy, yet important job elsewhere to continue her political career.

As far as "history being made", I really hope that isn't the only reason people will be voting for him. Perhaps you know all of his policies and stances, but 9 times out of 10 when I talk to an Obama supporter, they say they're voting for him either because of the color of his skin or because he's the latest craze.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by BanzaiBoy

Although I do not like Hillary, one has to give the Senator her due. I'm sure she will get a cozy, yet important job elsewhere to continue her political career.

As far as "history being made", I really hope that isn't the only reason people will be voting for him. Perhaps you know all of his policies and stances, but 9 times out of 10 when I talk to an Obama supporter, they say they're voting for him either because of the color of his skin or because he's the latest craze.
I'm sure there are some people voting for Obama because he's the latest craze as you put it. I don't know what to expect from either McCain or Obama. They talk so much about what they would do if they were President and I just don't believe anything they say because all the talk is just to get themselves into the White House and after that they do what they want.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I know that many on ATS do not trust Obama, but I am choosing to put my faith in him

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Let's hope not in this case.

Obama is Jimmy Carter II but on Marxist Steroids.

To really learn the man behind the mask, visit the link below:
www.dontvoteobama.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

jetxnet, I went to that site you posted and wish I hadn't. I don't believe a word of it. It was probably put up by some ignorant racist. That site made me sick just like the lying emails I keep getting. It is obvious that racism is alive and well in the USA and I will not be a part of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

jetxnet, I went to that site you posted and wish I hadn't. I don't believe a word of it. It was probably put up by some ignorant racist.

You didn't read it then Zippy. The information there has been thoroughly researched and validated in more than one way.

I know you're drinking the Kool-aid, but that's the antidote.

You have to read it though.

I know you don't want to believe your messiah is that corrupt, more than any and most others, but you must be objective and not subjective.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I assure you he is not my messiah. In fact, I still have my doubts about him. Truthfully, deep down, I have my suspicians that the whole thing is rigged and that both candidates could very well be bought and paid for.

My first statements stem from my hope that he could possibly be a good, honest man and what this country needs. But I think McCain is a war monger and no way will I vote for him. I want this country out of the war and I want us to mind our own business. McCain will keep us in a war indefinetely.

edited to add: I am thrilled for the black community. I just hope, for their sake and ours, that he is what he says he is.

Truthfully, I am desperate to find someone to believe in. I contributed to Ron Pauls cause, but unfortunetely that won't help much.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

jetxnet, I went to that site you posted and wish I hadn't. I don't believe a word of it. It was probably put up by some ignorant racist.

You didn't read it then Zippy. The information there has been thoroughly researched and validated in more than one way.

Hi Jetnext, from your site I obtained the following information (I don't given an eff what Joe Biden says in a competitive internal elections, that one got heated. I don't know what an ICE is, so can't comment on this, so....
Quote of the Month: From 'The Audacity Of Hope, "I will stand with them (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." - Senator Barack Hussein Obama

Ie if Muslims have winds shift in an UGLY direction about Muslims (yes, I assume that remark was with the context of US muslim relations with muslims and they are, politely, strained. He was reassuring them that the US would stop being out to get them.

Next........

Quote of the Week: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites" - Senator Barack Hussein Obama

Yeah, he was starting to pull white girls, considering that that was pretty cool for a black guy back then, I think he did a good job. He didn't need to be white, he was cooler than that. An adolescent's social patterns should not really be judged in later life. He has testosterone, ok.

I know you're drinking the Kool-aid, but that's the antidote.

You have to read it though.

I know you don't want to believe your messiah is that corrupt, more than any and most others, but you must be objective and not subjective.

I think you need to learn that objective needs a context and that is subjective, how we are looking at it.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by redled]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I don't know what site you went to.The site I visited was not at all racist. I guess it's just like Harry Truman said.Give them the truth they'll just think it's hell. Maybe all racist means is a point of view you don't agree with.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

I know that many on ATS do not trust Obama, but I am choosing to put my faith in him

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Let's hope not in this case.

Obama is Jimmy Carter II but on Marxist Steroids.

To really learn the man behind the mask, visit the link below:
www.dontvoteobama.net...

Jetxnet I realized something in the past couple of days...

The new era of new technology is here... Being alternative energy...

In the past America has been the leader in every major technological boom since the steam engine.

What I realize now is if we get Mccain as president and he does not REALLY ACTUALLY
do everything in his power to FUND and PROMOTE this new technological era, WE WILL FALL BEHIND.

If other countries continue their lead with this frontier, we WILL be to far behind to catch up in four years!

I think this is the most important underlying issue we face. OUR being the leader in technology and progress.

So I ask you if Obama is no good - and it seems Mccain could careless about NEW ENERGY, who do you suggest I vote for???

Once again if AMERICA drops the ball on this do you really think we can still be a global leader???

Do you understand how much money is involved in this???

So what do you say to this?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by jetxnet

I assure you he is not my messiah. In fact, I still have my doubts about him. Truthfully, deep down, I have my suspicions that the whole thing is rigged and that both candidates could very well be bought and paid for.

My first statements stem from my hope that he could possibly be a good, honest man and what this country needs. But I think McCain is a war monger and no way will I vote for him. I want this country out of the war and I want us to mind our own business. McCain will keep us in a war indefinetely.

edited to add: I am thrilled for the black community. I just hope, for their sake and ours, that he is what he says he is.

Truthfully, I am desperate to find someone to believe in. I contributed to Ron Pauls cause, but unfortunately that won't help much.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by zippy1958]

I understand this...

Please remember, the world is at the beginning of a new era...
Countries all over the world are already to work on the wave of the future ENERGY.

If America blinks and does not jump in this new frontier with both feet and full funds we will fall behind...

This may be the first time in history we do not lead in a new technology.

To remind all, we have never NOT been the leader in NEW TECHNOLOGY.

OUR economic future will depend on this literally.

Imagine if we lose four years???CHINA, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN are already ahead of us and out fund us.

I have been involved in the market for seven years,,, this is the next WAVE.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I don't need a website to tell me not to vote for Obama. Personally, I'm either going to write-in for Ron Paul or just not vote this year.

top topics

join