It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Object in Cassiopiea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I went to the pub earlier tonight and was in the car park having a smoke....I looked up towards Cassiopiea constellation and was looking for a minute or so until I saw something moving across like a star moving........As I was looking I thought it's a satellite...but then it went really bright and just dissapeared......have I seen my first UFO or do satellites do this......Ive seen satellites before many times but have never seen them shine bright and then dissapear.....

by the way im in the UK and it was at about 21:15.....

[edit on 27/8/2008 by booda]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

I have seen something very similar to what you are describing. However it was dusk rather than dark. I was looking at, what i thought, was a star, or venus or whatever. However, it grew brighter and brighter for a minute or two and then....it disappeared as if the light went off. This was in June this year.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
hello

Don't know what you have seen, but satellites do light up. It is called flares and iridium flares.

You can search on google or look at these links to see if it was something like that.

Iridium Flares

Satellite Flare

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, satellites can "flash" as they blink out, because you see the light off of the metal edge of the solar panel right before you lose the face reflecting light. Try this for yourself with something reflective with a metal edge, and your car headlights or a flashlight.

Now it's a KFO (known flying object).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Possibly, but I cant get over the fact that it just disappeared......it was flying at excessive speed, shone really bright then was out of sight.....Ive seen satellites flying and have seen them go on for a while but this one just seemed a little odd....maybe the brightness took the adjustment of my eyes slightly out but my sight is pretty good and normally adjusts straight back....I kept looking toward the star and nothing......

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It could be that. Although these were taken with long exposures. My light didn't actually move. It is definitely a possibility.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have a number 333 problem...wheras I see this number quite a lot.......a couple of days ago I stayed in the Highlands of Scotland and in my hotel room I had a digital clock....as soon as I saw the clock I thoght...Im gonna wake up at 3:33 tonight....and I did.......I cant explain why this happens but it does when theres a digital clock in the room......I happened to me a long time ago every day until I took the digital clock out.....

what this got to do with anything here... i dont know but I was talking about it a few minutes earlier before I saw what this thread is about.....maybe Im clutching at straws but I find this place a great place to get some kind of answer/explanation.....

too many coincidences.....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I saw something similar the other night. I looked up to the sky and a bright star caught my attention, it was brighter than your average star, I then noticed it was moving so I kept looking at it, it continued travelling not too fast just kind of drifting and slowly disappeared. The sighting lasted about 30 seconds before it disappeared. Don't know what it is but if it was a satellite why did it flare up and disappear so fast? Do they revolve and if they do would it not have started flaring up again just as fast as it disappeared?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
that sounds exactly like what I saw...if a satellite flares you would still see it...but this went really bright then disappeared....was strange....I would love it if this was my first UFO....but I want to get the logical explanations before I believe what I saw was a UFO.....(regardless of it being Alien or not)............

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda- - - - by the way im in the UK and it was at about 21:15

There was no Iridium flare visible from Leeds on 27 August around 21.15. You can check what's predicted by inserting your location coordinates into the Heavens Above Website. Just select Leeds from the location finder page.

You may well have seen a tumbling satellite other than an Iridium. There are loads of satellites, some out of control, which flash at regular and irregular periods. They disappear when they go from sunlight into the Earth's shadow. Early evening is the usual time to see them for obvious reasons.

WG3

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i saw the exact here in phoenix, az. As others i was looking up at what i thought was a star. I couldn't exactly tell if it was moving or not so i stared at it a little harder. within a few seconds its light became more intense and then just disappeared. Oh and of course no one else that was standing around me saw it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyNick

what time did you see it....would have been great if we'd have seen this at the same time but I think you guys are 8 hrs behind and it would have been daylight.....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
I saw something similar the other night. I looked up to the sky and a bright star caught my attention, it was brighter than your average star, I then noticed it was moving so I kept looking at it, it continued travelling not too fast just kind of drifting and slowly disappeared. The sighting lasted about 30 seconds before it disappeared. Don't know what it is but if it was a satellite why did it flare up and disappear so fast? Do they revolve and if they do would it not have started flaring up again just as fast as it disappeared?

You know, I saw the same thing this summer. At first I thought it was a plane coming in my direction then it got extremely bright. It dimmed then continued casually towards the big dipper until it became out of view. Now I watch the big dipper when I get the chance. By any chance did what you see head that way?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyNick

What time was this sighting? Because I saw something much like what you are saying, only this was around 5-5:30 am. (here in Mesa, AZ)....it caught my eye as a quickly brightening light, as it does when an airplane is coming straight towards you and descending....

it reached it maximum brightness then just as quickly(slowly? it was a few seconds both +/- magnitude) it dimmed and was gone! I was stunned...I immediately checked out heavens-above and nope, no iridium flares or satellites in that quadrant/direction @ that time....crazy! It looked almost like a supernovae happened and I was in the right place/right time...remember that flash NASA couldn't figure out-it got brighter for 100 days and then dimmed for 100 and vanished after 100 exact days? It was like that-only a little more yellow/orange than white, and much smaller...

I also saw something incredibly intense the following night (maybe it was the same night)...I BELIEVE I may have gotten video evidence of it, but I have yet to confirm this (I've been too nervous to even look @ the tape! It was crazy, and I can vividly recall it to this second), but tonight I plan to do so, and also plan to make a seperate post re: the sighting if it is in fact captured.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

While I don't doubt it could be unusual, an airplane can turn its lights off, if it isn't an unusual shape or having the ability to perform 'impossible' maneuvers I wouldn't consider it anything unusual...

My nephiew once yelled for everyone to see the ufo outside... we all ran outside to see an airplane, it's this type of mentality that seems to dominate this forum... if you are thinking about ufos 24/7 you will convince yourself the light in the sky is something unusual, but unless it's clearly a saucer or doing something crazy I wouldn't expect anyone to believe or care about your sighting, actually most people won't care or believe you even if it *does* fall in that catagory if you don't have photographic proof.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I saw exactly the same thing last summer.... well my daughter, niece AND I did. I passed it off as an iridium flare after trying to find out what it was.
I have never seen anything like it in my life (but then again I may have never seen an Iridium flare in my life!)
The intensity of it increased at least, at a guess 20fold and got so bright that we thought it was heading towards us and then it just dimmed out and dissappeared. Im still positive it was a satellite. But kinda exciting at the time!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
The intensity of it increased at least, at a guess 20fold and got so bright that we thought it was heading towards us and then it just dimmed out and dissappeared. Im still positive it was a satellite. But kinda exciting at the time!

The Iridium flares can be spectacularly bright. If you go outside after dusk tonight, you'll see Venus shining in the South-West. It's currently pretty bright. Iridium satellites passing over your location can flair with magnitude -8. That's about 20 times as bright as Venus. They fade in and out of flare as they rotate. You can get a list of flare times from the Heavens Above website. Just sign up and enter your home town in the database. It's great fun!

WG3

new topics

top topics

join