It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid Fat Loss Diet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am currently on a diet, one week in, that promotes rapid fat loss, Healthily! My intent was to wait until I finished the diet and then start a thread with my results and recomendations, but do to popular demand I have decided to inform the masses.......

BTS....I give you The Velocity Diet (V-Diet), designed by Chris Shugart, the Assistant Editor of T-Nation.

What to expect

Let me explain a few things before I dive into this. If you want to lose weight slowly over the course of months by eating healthy, but solid meals 5 times a day and exercising regularly, this diet is not for you. If you can't follow any other diet plan out there because of cravings, withdrawls or just plain loss of will power, please exit this thread now.

If, however, you want to rapidly dissolve the fat that is making you tired, unhealthy and miserable then please proceed with caution. This diet is not for everyone.

I started this diet for two reasons. Firstly, to try and dissolve some stubborn fat that I have around my lower back. Secondly, to test drive an experimental diet that may help my clients in the future, therefore, I must know how it affects a person. And of course I have to know first hand if it even works......

Well, after one week. I can honestly say that it works. Hands down. No joke. Here's the best part, I'm in great shape and I still lost fat in those trouble areas. I even cheated nearly 4 times during the past week.

Here's a success story......

The Diet

So let's get to it. The diet lasts a total of 4 weeks. Thats it! In four weeks you can expect to lose between 10 and 20 lbs of fat, depending on your body composition. It is a restricted calorie diet that consists of eating Protein and Fat, with a limited carbohydrate intake. The best part about this diet is that you don't have to worry about what you'll be eating every meal. You'll be eating protein shakes.

First, you need to find out how many calories to consume each day....

First plug total bodyweight into this equation:

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .50 = _____

Now do it again with this equation:

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .60 = _____ (Only the .60 is different.)

So, let's say a guy weighs 193 pounds and wants to see what his physique would look like at a ridiculously shredded 180:

(10.2 x 193 + 879) x .50 = 1424 calories

(10.2 x 193 + 879) x .60 = 1709 calories

Now, let's round those numbers to the nearest hundred for the sake of simplicity: 1400 and 1700. What our sample guy has now is the absolute minimal and maximal amount of calories he's going to consume while on the Velocity Diet.

The first number is what you'll aim for on non-training days and the second on training days. Pretty simple.

I've modified the diet just a little bit to make it easier on you guys. Your food intake will be the following:

Low carb protein powder. Milled flax seed. Fish oil. Peanut butter, all natural.

My first day on the diet......www.fitday.com... tionevolvd

Non-workout day----5 protein shakes spread throughout the day. Milled flax seed spread throughout the day in the protein shake. 20 fish oil capsules. Less than 40g of carbs intake.

Workout day--5 protein shakes spread throughout the day. milled Flax seed spread throughout the day in protein shake. Peanut Butter for a snack. One solid meal after your workout. Make it a healthy one. One high in protein and carbs. Less than 100g of carb intake.

You can also eat a bowl of oatmeal and blueberries on saturday mornings. Other than those two solid meals, it's pretty much protein shakes.

Edit: Drink lots of water too!!!

The Exercise

The exercise is pretty simple really.

Wallk everyday. There is no need for High Intesity Cardio due to the restricted calories.

Weight train 3 days a week. I don't care what it is as long as it is a high intensity resistance training session. If you want a specific lifting program feel free to U2U me.

Transition

Transitioning out of the diet is tricky. You'll probably gain a few pounds of water weight due to the added carbohydrates. For 2 weeks eat foods that are high in protein and fibrous carbs. You really just want to slowly introduce any carbs, other than green vegies, back into your diet.

Conclusion

Thats pretty much it. After this diet, you'll appreciate those healthy foods that you don't get much of now and you'll definately start to lose your cravings for carbs. If you crave carbs now, you might want to grab a tub of L-glutamine and take a small amount when your carb cravings come back again. It's not going to be easy but it will be short lived. This is the best fat blasting diet I've seen. Get ready to amaze yourself and everyone around you. If you need recommendations on what to eat after the diet is over, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps!

-Dev

[edit on 27-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
OR.. try food poison.. I just dropped 5 lbs since thursday night

Boyoboy..what a weekend.

I've been dropping weight for nearly 7weeks now..Just quit bread(Only eat brown/fibre anyway) and a couple of hours cardio a day.

The first week/10 days were tough..but now it's a breeze.
Increased cardio/flexibility
Down 3 inches on waist.

This 'v' diet sounds like a 'ripping' diet for bodybuilders..(All supplements/shakes/powders... Expensive too..)
I haven't met any who I'd consider 'healthy' yet.

The good old fashioned way of dragging those expanded glutes to the gym or outdoors for moderate exercise is the best way.

Not saying I wouldn't try it though..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah, poison will do it. Congrats on the weight loss thus far.

When bodybuilders "cut" before competition, it usually lasts 1 week. It's mainly used for cutting the water out from between your skin and muscles, not fat. Honestly, most bodybuilders I know are very healthy. Your probably thinking of power lifters.

As far as the cost, I forgot about that. It can get expensive but look at it this way, that's all you'll be eating anyway. It might end up cheaper in the end......

Thanks for the post. If you try it, keep me posted on your progress.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd.. It's mainly used for cutting the water out from between your skin and muscles, not fat.
-Dev

Yeah,the 'bulk boys' deliberately dehydrate themselves(2 week red wine diet)..Definite builders not powerlifters though.

The powerlifters tend to stay the same shape..look a little porky.. The bodybuilders are the same.. except for the odd month of competitions a year when they nearly kill themselves through starvation.

That up/down training is a quick way to an early grave through heart problems..even without the roids.

I've been out till recently due to injury/ops
You know what it's like when your inactive.. drained/depressed/half asleep most of the time.

It's the actual activity that gets you back in the 'feel good' factor.. Especially when there's a cute girl on the stepper in front of you.. woooooot!!!

Down from a 'portly' 108kg to 97kg since starting up again..More than halfway to my 90kg goal in six weeks(including this weekends errrmm 'boost' )
But even if I didn't lose the weight I'd still appreciate the tone/aerobic fitness that came with starting again..
Improved core muscles/support have removed all pain from broken vertabrae too.

Anything that works for you is good though.. If this 'v-diet' gives anybody the incentive to regain a bit of extra activity then it's worth it.
I'd just be wary of the weight increasing again as soon as normal diet is resumed.

The body loves it's carbs and I've found severely restricting them actually increases the body's tendency to store fat..especially directly after a diet like this.. 'ATKINS' anyone? ouch!..

I'd probably try something like this..as you say.. to remove those final stubborn wobbly bits.. Or hang my xl y-fronts on the fridge

[edit on 27-8-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'll withhold comment until I see the OP's Fitday.com entries confirming his intake consists of (mostly) protein shakes.

Anyone capable of doing this diet is capable of tracking it in Fitday, since it will require substantial motivation in its current form.

Good luck, Dev!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01 since it will require substantial motivation in its current form.
Good luck, Dev!

Hey.. If I can give up beer n chocolate for 3 month(halfway there) then anything's possible..
Next I'm planning a walk on the Sun..It could be easier.

People thought I was crazy doing the grilled chicken diet

Cereal in the morning..chicken for lunch..chicken for dinner..salad only..no bread, no potatoes..

Fortunately I could win the world title chicken eating competition anyway

Mmmm.. think I'll have some now.

EDIT.. BTW Thursdays food poison was from a chicken kebab skewer.. Still didn't put me off it.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by Badge01 since it will require substantial motivation in its current form.
Good luck, Dev!

Hey.. If I can give up beer n chocolate for 3 month(halfway there) then anything's possible..

I haven't had beer since 1985 and no chocolate since last summer.

If you look at most studies, underestimation of caloric intake is the number one problem.

Though I might find the end result interesting, it's only half the story, which is in the details. What was the starting weight, starting BF% and what was the daily diet, including daily weight loss.

Too much data is lost by only giving approximations or end points to be of much interest.

Also daily recording of intake is less likely to be 'fudged', ime.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, thanks for calling me out Badge.
I tried fitday.com the first day, got confused and then stopped.

www.fitday.com...

That was my first day on the diet. I worked out that day and consumed about 1500 calories. I've modified the diet so that I'm taking in about 1600-1700 on workout days and 1400 on non workout days.

I've gone through 1-1/2 tubs of protein in one week. The only times I did cheat were after workouts. I'm surprised how easy it has been though. In a total of 8 days, I've gone 4 of them with just the shake, milled flax seed and fish oil.

I know I let you down. I'll be sure and keep logging when I get back on my regular diet.

-Dev

reply to post by AGENT_T

Bodybuilders perpare for competition by drinking a ton of water and eating no carbs for a week. Then, on the last day, they stop drinking water and carb load. They body goes into flush mode from all the water and when the carbs hit the system, they basically suck all of the water out from between the muscle and the skin. A quick way to litterally change your physique in a week. It's pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I'd just be wary of the weight increasing again as soon as normal diet is resumed.

The body loves it's carbs and I've found severely restricting them actually increases the body's tendency to store fat..especially directly after a diet like this.. 'ATKINS' anyone? ouch!..

Anytime you transition out of a restricted calorie diet, it's important to transition slowly. Your body will store fat if you restrict your diet and then return to bad eating habits again. It's your body's way of preparing for the next fast deficit.

Plus, if you transition into a diet that is full of fibrous carbs instead of starchy carbs that spike glucose levels, you will retain your new body composition. Just stay away from Grains, bread, pasta, sugar and potatoes and you'll be fine. That's how I originally lost 30 pounds. I went from 175 and Flabby, to 145 and tone.

If you look at most studies, underestimation of caloric intake is the number one problem.

You're right badge. I agree. It goes the other way around too. I just realized that I'm burning over 3000 calories on workout days.

-Dev

Edit: I forgot to add, Post workout and breakfast are ok for grains and other high glycemic carbs. It takes your body of out Catabolism(muscle breakdown) and into Anabolism(muscle building).

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well wow this is all a bit over my head but sounds incredible. Thanks for posting this for us Devo

I personally don't want a quick fix, I do want to lose fat but healthily over time. I am happy to do that. Is that what this would be ? Or a start to a stricter diet ?

I do love my food though I rarely have much appetite these days so a liquid diet has piqued my interest. I eat as fresh and healthily as possible. I don't drink soda's or eat much fatty or sugary foods but do tend to drink juice or have meal replacement shakes when I don't want to eat.

Would this work for me ?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks Jade

If you already have a small appetite and eat meal replacement shakes often, this would be easy for you.

I understand the concern for losing weight healthily. The only reason this would be considered unhealthy is due to the calorie restriction, but consider this: in order to lose weight you must maintain a caloric deficit. Notice I said weight, not fat.

Now, I've said before that simply reducing caloric intake won't necessarily cause you to lose fat. Depending on the foods you intake, you may lose muscle and store fat(Flabbiness) or you may maintain muscle, lose fat and lose water weight(Leanness). Still with me?

So, back to maintaining a caloric deficit. There are two ways to do this. You can simply either workout more(Burn more than you consume) or eat less(Consume less than you burn). The V-diet is the latter. Is it quicker? Yes! Is it more difficult? Yes! Is it healthy?

Most of the weight you lose will be fat. You will lose water weight also, but because you intake so much protein, which prevents Catabolism, you won't lose muscle. You become lean, not flabby, all thanks to the elimination of carbs and the added protein/fat to your system.

So, you probably need to ask yourself a few questions. Can you adhere to the transition period? If not, you may gain all the fat back. Do you feel this is healthy for you? If not, I'd be more than happy to either modify this diet or compose one fits your needs and expectations a little better!

-Dev

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
wow, i wish i could stick this out for 4 weeks but i know there is no hope!!.... i look forward to hearing your results though!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've been competing in powerlifting for nearly 10 years and I find when I'm training others they often don't understand how simple fat loss really is and look to extremely complicated systems to diet and routine.

What you posted is actually a pretty good outline and I'm not saying it's not effective, but it doesn't have to be that complicated. I think people get frustrated and then get it into the heads that it must be way outside their understanding or it would be working.

The most important thing you have to do to start is find out exactly how much you eat in day. Total Cals, carbs, protein, fats. Check the back of everything you eat and if it's not labeled like with some meats, check online for an average to get an idea which is good enough.

Next, eat the same thing every day. This is KEY! It sounds boring and monotonous and it is! Over time you'll develop more than one meal plan, I have 3 that I rotate which all have the same nutritional value.

After you've been eating the same thing for a couple weeks, weigh yourself frequently to establish your average weight, you fluctuate up to 5lbs from morning to night.

So you now know what you're eating and what weight you will stay at if you continue eating the same as you are. Now you're ready to lose weight effectively and consistently. Reduce your total caloric intake by 500 calories.

That's it! Now eat the same thing for another 2 weeks. Keep an eye on your weight, eventually you will level off again. Now this is your new weight for what you're eating. Reduce another 250 calories.

Keep reducing 250 calories per week until your average weight is where you want to be.

There's no special diet folks, that's all there is to it. The biggest issue people have is that they have no idea how much they actually eat in terms of calories, carbs, fats, protein.

Of course this is combined with a solid routine which includes cardio.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

well honestly that seems quite a good suggestion...

eating the same thing isn't that hard if it is a stew or something, that is very tasty etc...
the good thing with stew is that you can batch-cook and it is easier and far less hassle.

books.google.co.uk... &sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result

this is a good recipe and very tasty! (i have this recipe book and it has many interesting recipes from africa and arabia...)

jews mallow / molokhia, chicken, garlic, lemon juice, potato, tomatoes, butter, etc... a very tasty stew OR you could try a traditional english stew with all those root veg and gravy and maybe a little worchester sauce!

really don't like the sound of the suggested diet, but as many have said, it's probably more something body builders would do... will let you know if my husband likes the sound of it lol (though could you substitute peanut butter for hazelnut butter or something for those individuals who despise peanut butter lol?)

[edit on 21-9-2008 by eyescryforALLAAH07]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

It's difficult, no doubt about it. I ended the diet 1 1/2 weeks in. I ran out of money and couldn't purchase more supplements. Bills have to be paid. :shk:

The best part is, even though I'm a very lean person, the results were faster and better than I expected. This was mainly an experiment, for me, so that I would know what to expect for my clients.

So, my first client was on the diet for 2 weeks. I allowed him to have 1 solid meal every workout day, immediately after his workout. He also had one cheat meal and drank beer 3 out of 14 nights. When he started the diet he weighed in at 147, 5'9". He had a ton of muscle, literally a brick wall, underneath a good layer of body fat that accumulated around his midsection. I also trained him 4 days during the diet in which we trained for strength purposes only. He didn't want to lose any strength so instead of having him perform some sort of HIIT program, which is basically cardio all wrapped up in a resistance training program, I had him do low reps with high weight.

The results really astonished me. He went from 147, all the way down to 132 in two weeks, and here's the crazy part, while retaining 100% strength. I honestly expected to lose a little strength, but wow. Now the real test is right now. He's currently in the transition phase of the diet, which is what will determine whether or not he gains the weight back.

I'll keep you posted.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I had typed out a page long helpful hints on losing weight (personal trainer), but I got a message saying:

Service Unavailable
This server is temporarily unable to service requests.(Internal-Reason: 132)

Great, what a waste of time :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Didn't realise you are a personal trainer, doesn't matter then.

All that weight in 2 weeks? Is this sustainable?

The fact that he hadn't lost any strength suprises me too

It doesn't make sense.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I learned the hard way too. Type it in Notepad first.

It is sustainable as long as the dieter transitions properly and doesn't go back to eating crap again.

The strength issue is weird. I've read of others on the diet that actually gained strength. It's more than likely attributed to the high amount of protein consumption.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Did you client note any significant muscle growth?

What somatotype is he? I might try this on some of my clients.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
He's between an Endomorph and an Mesomorph. It's hard to say really. When I look at him, he just looks like a Mesomorph that got out of hand. He was a running back in highschool, almost 20 years ago, and is solid. He's just got a big gut. Stocky dude though!

No muscle growth. I kept him at low reps to focus on strength instead of Hypertrophy. I doubt any size could be built on a restricted calorie diet like this one.

Try it out! Like I said, he cheated and still got great results. Let me know if you decide to try it.

-Dev

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join