It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Producer Arrested in Denver For Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Did you actually think that possible known criminals would be allowed to be photographed by the higher ups in the DNP? Come now we already know several criminals with ties to Obama, do you think they would allow you to know any more?

Just to keep this balanced, we can very easily say the same for McCain. Let alone at least half of ALL politicians on all sides of the party lines. That's how they get to where they are and how the politics continues to be controlled by the criminal elements of this world. The SUPER rich.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Two points:

1) Aside from the obvious error in legal ownership of the sidewalk, can someone still be arrested on public property for taking excessive pictures of a private establishment? I don't think so, but someone with more legal experience can chime in here (plus that's not what he was arrested for anyways ... sounds to me like they almost made something up - "um yea you were um ... conducting yourself in a disorderly fashion!")

2) I don't quite get the Obama bashing, let it rest. This is like having the Indianapolis Colts offensive line and fans commit a crime and then blaming Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning. Not fair (even if that's how politics works most of the time, just leave it out of the thread - focus on what appears to be blatant misuse of power).

If indeed there is no more to the story and the officers were in error, have their badges. I'm tired of the free passes I see in other stories such as this. If I screw up in my profession (that directly affects other people's lives) I get the boot. No "desk duty" until the media blows over about the event.

What's really going to happen is a slap on the wrist for the media circus to see, then life back to normal. And people wonder why you see this so often ... the bad apples are never knocked off the tree.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Fiverz]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
*getting worse, even less of my post was in this duplicate thread. What's going on?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
*deleted because my long winded reply was cleared out somehow.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

He was trying to take pictures of the big money donors.

Not unlike his thugs trying to silence this radio station.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...
Obama campaign muscles Chicago station over ex-radical Ayres

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The Money Trail: Putting on the Ritz, VIP Treatment for Big Money Democrats

www.abcnews.go.com...

www.abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Google Earth has street level 3-D views of the location.

I would think that during a convention, the city and hotel owners would be grateful for all the extra business and go out of their way to accomodate the tours and camera crews. Sounds to me like some guilty party wanted the camera crew shut down because they were getting too close to the real dirt. I doubt the hotel decided on its own to call the police in. The tinted-window limo parked at the curb near the film crew looks like they were waiting for the crew to leave before letting its passenger out. I'd guess the called in the "hit."

I hope the investigation follows up on this and looks into who made the decision to strongarm the crew off the "premises." And I hope a local news station follows up and investigates the police brutality training (or lack of training) the Denver police are getting.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is a video, please add it to OP

I KNOW this is a police state...and I've been well aware of it, for quite some time. We're not "on the verge" or "almost" or "heading towards." We're already there.

The fact that EVERYONE hasn't felt the boot on their neck (yet), doesn't make it any less of a police state. When ANY American is subjected to gov't tyranny, ALL could be.

The fact that most people don't seem to grasp that basic concept, is precisely why most people haven't been subjected to it (yet). The gov't knows that the vast majority are too scared (of it) to risk losing everything - including their life - by daring to break it's BS "rules." But as soon as someone STOPS being a slave, and dares step out of line - the man comes, and he takes you away. Meanwhile, the sheep go back to grazing.....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Money Trail: Putting on the Ritz, VIP Treatment for Big Money Democrats

www.abcnews.go.com...

Among those seen this week at one private luncheon for big donors and top Democratic Senators, was Fred Baron, the Texas lawyer who helped hide the one-time mistress of former Senator John Edwards.

Should do some research on this

"Legacy Circle"

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I see the gun laws in Denver are too strict. You just don't hear about this sort of thing in areas where the average person can carry a gun. It’s the only safeguard remaining in America against this type of intimidation and tyranny. Think about it.

The cops in Denver are all over the news, violating their citizens’ rights, violating the free press. Attacking whomever they please and simply lie about it in court if it comes to that, they cover for each other, back up each others stories. If a video does get made of an incident, they explain it all away by claiming that what wasn’t captured on video was even more heinous and dangerous to the safety of the cops. Bogus, outright lies!

Cops have the resources to commit more crimes than anyone else and they have the freedom to do so with the blessings of the masses who don’t want to get involved. They are like unruly children left to misbehave without supervision or guidance. They don’t have to be held accountable to the public. Understand this, realize this, believe it, and deal with it!

Most of these guys are wicked, have you ever heard a group of cops talking candidly after brutalizing someone? Killing someone? Hide a microphone where ever cops hang out and listen in. It will chill you to the bone to find out what kind of people are carrying badges and are entrusted to enforce the law.

In what few remaining states where the gun laws allow law abiding citizens to carry concealed handguns. The incidents of crime is low, the cops act more like peace officers than Gestapo and everybody is just a little more polite. I would dare say that the cops in those areas take the time to make sure they are on the right side of the law before acting up, strike that, they simply don’t act up.

I am not advocating violence against the police, far from it, the real police officers need help. What I do endorse is each and every individual in the country to take ownership and responsibility for their lives, to protect themselves from corruption and injustice.

I submit for your consideration;
Take a gun safety course to learn how to use a gun and how to keep it safe. Then, if needed, change their state laws to allow law abiding citizens to carry concealed hand guns. Once this is done, then buy a nice revolver, not too big, and carry it with you, buy a semi-automatic pistol as well, keep it as a back up. You will notice less of a need for police. The sun will shine a little brighter, our government will begin to work for us again, crime rates will drop, the fascist will dissolve, free speech restored and democracy will again prevail. Ok, so it really won’t happen exactly like that, but it will be better than what is happening in Denver at this hour.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My take on this, the ABC producer hadn't been cleared/Vetted.

You need to surf on over to the CIA webpage for a better understanding
to view a letter/memo from Feb 20th of 1976 from George Bush

It simply states the following:

"Thank you for your very helpful telegram. I have made very clear that I will not give out the names of journalist or anybody else and I will not release names of news organizations that have cooperated in the past. I feel firmly about this for the reasons that your telegram succinctly spelled out. Things are a little rough with the press at this point, but so far its manageable."

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I think most people are pretty reasonable about these things. They know that if one officer does something wrong it does not mean most or all of them are bad.

Has anyone noticed that eveyone with this avatar seems to be pro-goverment and policy? Everyone I have encountered with this avatar is either always trying to place an excuse on goverment or police actions.. or they are pro water flouridation etc.. very strange? maybe its a coincidence...maybe not? is this avatar available to all ats memebers?

reffering to Blaine91555

[edit on 28-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

All dead now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

An investigative reporter does not expose their subject to anyone outside their trust. Doesn't have to, never did, not in 1976, not on 9/11 and not today.

That ABC producer had verifiable credentials on his person, I can see them in the video. That producer, as does any TV news producer, knows where he can legally go, what he can legally do. That producer was well within his rights and practice of his profession. The unfortunate issue here is that a policeman can arrest him at any time, within certain boundaries of reason, in which case due process is then followed, the producer and accompanying tech support are all processed in Denver’s legal system and a few hours later are released. Later a judge will discern the validity of the arrest and likely toss it. No harm, no foul, right?

Well, not exactly, the reporter was there following a story, capturing a senator with high dollar donations and fund raiser. Sometime referred to as influence peddlers, the streets of Denver are crawling with them this week. This interruption of the reporter following his story has insured that whoever he was about document with the good senator has eluded the camera and will remain anonymous. Tsk, tsk, that’s bad for us.

Shows the cop is crooked, willing to help corruption hide. He participated by using his position as a police officer to render aid and assistance to someone wanting to hide from a legitimate news source. Wonder if it was just a favor or if the Senator slipped the officer a couple hundred to tie up the reporter for a few hours.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Liberals say that Bush has created a police state, duh, its all of them, especially the dems. They want to control your life more than anybody else. They create laws to protect you from you.

The dems are better at hiding their misdeeds or they just get away with it scott free, why, because they are doing it for the people. Let me tell you something about the "people"...they are stupid and ignorant.

I would go as far to say that 65% of americans are close to retarded in IQ. Look at youtube videoes about stupid americans, it sickining how ignorant most americans are. Thanks to the liberal dumbing down of the public education system, kids grow up to be stupid adult voters.

Want to see how smart you are, take the entrance examine for 8th grade in 1895, lets see where you score, that test would be considered college lvl today or beyond.

Wow, I just saw the video, that cop needs to be fired and arrested for battery, pushing a civilian off public property into traffic? I would have taken that cops arm and broken his elbow on the spot. He ya go libs, your poilice state in action because a crocked lib scumbag doesnt want to be seen on camera giving out money for favors.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
THanks for posting a youtube of the video.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Moderator-Note:

Please review these links:

ATS Discussion Etiquette

Civility and Decorum on ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
more proof that USA is a evil fascist genocidal empire ..... that harasses its journalists

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
more proof that USA is a evil fascist genocidal empire ..... that harasses its journalists

Fascists? Thank God, and I thought we were going to be accused of being Communists.
If it was Fascists, I can relax and enjoy some beer and watch the Dallas Cowboys. If it was Communists, I go to war.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately it goes like this.
Rule #1. Failure to obey the order of a law enforcement officer is a misdemeanor in all states and countries. Whether the officer had a right to issue the order can only be decided by the courts. So If he/she gives you an order to move you had better do it. The legality of their command and circumstances surrounding are not open for interpretation at that time.
That is what civil lawsuits, and public demonstrations are for. The best way to effect policies and change are by demonstration, strikes, elections, and other forms of civil disobediance. Think about what Ghandi did. We should try more of his ways of non-violent protest. He freed his country this way.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by manson_322

Fascists? Thank God, and I thought we were going to be accused of being Communists.
If it was Fascists, I can relax and enjoy some beer and watch the Dallas Cowboys. If it was Communists, I go to war.

and thank god, that true american patriots and investigative journalists like Alex Jones are exposing the truth about the american genocidal neocon criminal fascist regime on Russia Today news channel(Russian MSM)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join