It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Producer Arrested in Denver For Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
1)Do you think ABC news is gonna stop kissing Barrack Obama's posterior long enough to take notice of this?

2)If they do they will fire the reporter for potentially embarassing their messiah at his asscention to the throne.

1) Apparently they DID take notice of this! This is from the ABC News website!

ABC Reporter Arrested in Denver Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors

A cigar-smoking Denver police sergeant, accompanied by a team of five other officers, first put his hands on Eslocker's neck, then twisted the producer's arm behind him to put on handcuffs.

A police official later told lawyers for ABC News that Eslocker is being charged with trespass, interference, and failure to follow a lawful order. He also said the arrest followed a signed complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel.

2) This is a case of police brutality, it was between a cop and a reporter!

This shouldn't in any way "embarrass" Obama! The Denver Police Department should be embarrassed, but not Obama.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
These incidents are in fact very rare.

You know, I like to think of myself as a fairly reasonable guy. I'm also a white guy with reasonable means

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Is it increasing or is it because everyone carries cell phones and camcorders now? I don't really know but I suspect as much.

As I said, what is on these videos is wrong and those cops should pay a dear price. I have no argument with that. What I'm about is this misrepresentation of all cops being bad and America being like what is in those video's. That is just not true.

If you consider the number of towns, police forces and the population, even though it seems like lots of cases; they are rare.

I also imagine what it would be like without police? Think about it. Also think honestly about the people you know who often have encounters with the police. They deserve it don't they.

When I was young, I was not a good person. I'm not proud of it. I was never violent though, but you can't be involved with hard drugs and not be around people who are. They all talked like some of the posts I see here that try and paint a false picture of what it is really like.

The truth is that most people go their entire lives without ever being in a fight, being arrested or even having to look over their shoulder for cops. In my bad old days I was always paranoid of cops and thought they were the ones doing wrong when in fact, they were just trying to protect the innocent people. Now, I'm not talking about these thugs we see in these films.

When President Reagan was shot, I was in a room full of radical, very bad people. One of them came running in from their car and turned the TV on and said someone shot Reagan. They all stood up and cheered! That was when I started to realize what kind of people I was associating with. Even so it took more years before I came to my senses.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I think most people are pretty reasonable about these things. They know that if one officer does something wrong it does not mean most or all of them are bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Can someone please post a mirror or youtube of the video?
It's either been taken down off the site, or something cause I can't see it, I click on the link in the article, I get nothing, no popup, nothing.

-Jimmy

Go here and click on the "WATCH" in red below the article header.
That link on the other page is not working.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

Is it increasing or is it because everyone carries cell phones and camcorders now? I don't really know but I suspect as much.

So how would our ignorance of its scale connect to the issue of how much of it is acceptable?

What I'm about is this misrepresentation of all cops being bad...

Well, that of course would be ridiculous.

If you consider the number of towns, police forces and the population, even though it seems like lots of cases; they are rare.

This is obviously a matter of taste.

Just remember, one rouge cop impacts with much greater ease the lives of many, many people.

In fact, it occurs to me that makes them a particularly egregious kind of criminal. They have the power to destroy lives and misuse the color of law to disguise their crimes.

Why would you want to minimize the egregiousness of even one case?

I also imagine what it would be like without police? Think about it.

Well, isn't that a pointless exercise? I don't think any rational person advocates that.

Also think honestly about the people you know who often have encounters with the police. They deserve it don't they.

A few lily-white, straight-laced, law-abiding, middle-aged, relatively successful business guys?

Nope.

When I was young, I was not a good person...

...The truth is that most people go their entire lives without ever being in a fight, being arrested or even having to look over their shoulder for cops.

I was a good person, as was nearly everyone I knew. And yet, many of them have similar abuse of power experiences.

Explain that.

Moreover, the way you focus on the majority verses minority argument (that "most cops aren't bad"), you make it appear as if all of the examples of police abuse are committed by cops who commit their crimes alone, when there is ample evidence peers and leadership either routinely ignore the abuse, actively protect its discovery, or in some cases, encourage it.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
This is common. This is normal. This happens everyday. That is the state of the nation you live in. The press is censored and controlled. People get disappeared. You may of thought things like controlled media was restricted to Russia or China but it is just the same here as it is there. And that is now the way of things. If you get out of line the police will take you out. They will not face charges. They being of law enforcement are ABOVE the law.

Has that sunk in yet? They can beat you , mace you , and Taze you, and then you will be charged with resisting arrest and assault on a police officer. Then the news media will report it as though it is all your fault and that you are in the wrong. Because the police can do no wrong. Not even when they arrest the news media.

Their is no resistance. I see nobody fight back or organizing citizen patrols. When I watch people terrorized by police misconduct I normally see a whole bunch of people screaming and swearing but I never see anyone stand up to the cops and force them down as they force others down. I only see normal everyday police state business.

May I be allowed to second this statement. People talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. My Pops had his van blown up in brooklyn in the late 60's for standing up. I've taken my lumps from them myself.

This type of thing happens everyday. There were a few varied and diverse groups of peoples trying to warn the other peoples of what was happening to them. Pleading and begging for ears to hear them. It more than not fell upon deaf ears. Now that "they", the man, elite, who ever or what ever you want to call "them" have had years, no decades, scores of practice. "They" are coming for us all. Those other people, the ones warning who weren't heard. They have persevered and have learn how to survive.

I can't call it, but what ever is going on, something is. It's big, it's huge. Deep rooted. Old money. I fear that time is now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
All I can say is watch this video of your friendly Denver police.

www.youtube.com...

These cops slam this guys face into the street, breaking his teeth then lie in court. They charge the victim with 2nd degree assault.... UNTIL AN UNKNOWN VIDEO taken by a TV news crew shows what really happened.

Oh! Ocifer James Costigan of the Denver Poolice Department?

COSTIGAN, JAMES
Available(5) Available AURORA, CO
CASTLE ROCK, CO
PARKER, CO
DENVER, CO

This is from awebsite, if you join, you can find anyone anywhere in the United States and get their current home address. See, most people don't realize that this information is out there ... which they should realize ... because they might act a whole lot smarter and polite ... which would prevent someone a whole lot meaner than me from tracking them down and doing unspeakable things to them.

If You Don't Want To Be A Target Stop Acting Like A Jerk!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm most interested in seeing how far ABC is willing to take this. I've read the abc site and saw that the story was recieving quite a bit of comment. I'd think that they would milk the story for all it is worth. If it's generating comments on ABC's site then surely it will generate viewership to ABC wouldn't it? This is one thing the corporate media could focus on to regain some of the viewers that have been lost to the internet over the past few years. I really can't see the Denver DA pursuing this too heavily, and if they drop criminal charges will ABC persue it beyond that?

This reporter just earned himself some "street cred" in my eyes. Maybe it will inspire him to push harder and farther in search of public corruption. How much of this has happened to reporters from organazations less well known than ABC in Denver this week?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Can someone please post a mirror or youtube of the video?
-Jimmy

I had the same problem. Here is the video on Youtube.

There always seems to be a recurring theme in these videos:

1) You're not following my "lawful" order so I am going to put my hands on you, push you around, intimidate you and, ultimately, arrest you.

2) Turn that camera off! I don't want you to have video evidence proving that my charges are false.

I hope that this is not the last that we have heard of this case.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hey, If the cops rough up a few more members of the media , they might even write about it .

Police Baton + Head = story

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
People, people please.

Most sidewalks are owned by the public. If it looks like it should be, it most likely is. If you are on a sidewalk that seems to be walking towards and only towards the private place, it's most likely private property(i.e. a lot of hotels in Vegas are this way). Some properties have easements, you are allowed to pass through a property without it being private because it's the only way to get to the property you actually want to get to. That shouldn't apply in the case unless the property owns the road the thug pushed him accross, which I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by JimBeam]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Things are gettin really bad when the cops start roughing up reporters. Maybe this will wake some people up to the fact that this country has turned into a police state.

Those cops were way out of line, what would have happened if some car had come speeding around the corner when that cop was pushing him out into the street like that.

When did it become acceptable for police officers to use force against non violent citizens ?

I hope that producer sues the crap out of the police department. I think he's got one hell of a case, one cop pushing him out into traffic, another cop grapping him by the throat to push him up against the wall. I hope he sues the hotel too, if he has a case.

Maybe if the police force gets sued often enough they'll stop using all of this excessive force.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Unless I hear something reasonable, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. (I stay there all of the time, and frankly always thought that hotel was over-rated and rather tired looking. Now I have a more substantive reason to change.)

Good i hope more people follow your lead.

I also hope you send the hotel an email telling them exactly why they will be losing your business, so they are aware of the fact that the general public does not approve of their elitest tactics.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So, which night of the week and what time is the Denver City Hall Klan meeting?
Their fellow Klansmen from Decatur, Alabama want to know so they can join in, maybe pick up a few pointers at keeping all those pinkos and commies in line.
They are ever so impressed!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Unless I hear something reasonable, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. (I stay there all of the time, and frankly always thought that hotel was over-rated and rather tired looking. Now I have a more substantive reason to change.)

Might I suggest writing to that hotel and letting them know of your decision? Rich people should always be told when they've crossed the line, so that when the poor finally do rise up and destroy them they know exactly where they slipped up.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
UPDATE:

After a couple of hours I've come to the conclusion that all existing right-of-way plans & as-built drawings for the city of Denver & the state of Colorado are hard copy, by request, & aavailable at cost only. I had hopedcto pull a set of plans, find the block in question with a clear demarkation of the surveyed ROW line shown, and screen cap it. I did find a couple of minimally interesting items in the city & state's design manuals that basically verify that sidewalks adjacent to the streets in urban coridoors are presumed to be fully usable by the public regardless of which side of the ROW line they fall on provided the municipality maintains them. Interesting, but not applicable here because I honestly don't believe the sidewalks around this building are on private land in any way.

I was going to poo-poo the "cue ABC news in on this fact" thinking it was probably already identified long ago, but I noticed on some of the comments sections in the various blogs covering this incident (search for +Denver +sidewalks and it's amazing how many blogs have picked this story up already!) nobody seems to be focusing on this part of the issue. The closest I saw was a guy talking about imminent domain and right of access.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Where are they getting these retarded cops?
The press have a responsibility to us all, to report the truth.
You can't seem to stop a paparazzi from hounding a celebrity or stop the endless supply of summer snow but you can stop a reporter investigating corruption.

Oh, wait, I get it, the Denver Cops are all crooked and corrupted, that’s why they interrupt the free press! That’s why the snow storms are so deep there in the summer, that’s why the local corrupted official get away with so much crime, that’s why Colorado gets so much political pork and I bet they want more. Don’t be surprised of any new back alley deals in Denver, they must be up to their eyeballs in it by now.

You see kids, cops don’t act this way if their “trainers” don’t allow them to get away with this behavior. So really, when it comes down to it, you can’t really blame the cops as they are nothing more than trained apes, apes on steroids. It is their handlers that are to blame, their trainers, their masters!
Need to look deeper into this one people. Just a little deeper.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Could you imagine the exposure to slip and fall cases during the Winter?

No. I think you'll find the city repairs that sidewalk.

Maybe things are different in Colorado... here in New York City the property owner is responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of a sidewalk.

I sure wish the City of New York would send someone out to shovel snow off the sidewalks in front of my home and business... are there really places in this country that the city or town come shovel your snow for you?!

Regardless of who owns the sidewalk, the hotel is responsible for making sure it is kept in proper repair and is free and clear of any obstructions, including obstructions made by people (such as reporters standing in front of the entrance to their building blocking the way of their paying guests). The hotel is not only within its rights, but is REQUIRED to keep the sidewalk clear... if they are unable to keep the sidewalk clear of people that may be blocking it they are required to call the police to do so.

What happened after that with the police I am not commenting on... only the fact that the hotel was required to take action when the reporter and his crew blocked the hotel driveway.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
HAHAHA

You guys kill me. So much talk about how much your rights are being violated. Yet, once this all blows over, you will all continue grazing like the sheep you are.

This story will dissappear. The reporter dude will be given an undisclosed amount of money and all will be well again. The same goes for the protester girl who was cross checked by the cop. All will be forgotten. So don't get to bent out of shape, I'm sure there will be another appauling event in the very near future that will make everyone say, "baaahhhh".

Oooooo... is that a prediction?

For some reason I feel prophet like all of a sudden.

End communication

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join