It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Producer Arrested in Denver For Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

ABC Producer Arrested in Denver For Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors!

abcnews.go.com

DENVER--Police in Denver arrested an ABC News producer today as he and a camera crew were attempting to take pictures on a public sidewalk of Democratic Senators and VIP donors leaving a private meeting at the Brown Palace Hotel. Police on the scene refused to tell ABC lawyers the charges against the producer, Asa Eslocker, who works with the ABC News investigative unit.

A cigar-smoking Denver police sergeant, accompanied by a team of five other officers, first put his hands on Eslocker's neck, then twisted the producers arm behind him to put on handcuffs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What the?!?

HOW MUCH FURTHER OUT OF CONTROL IS THIS POLICE STATE NONSENSE GOING TO GET?!?

So now a SIDEWALK bordering the street is PRIVATE PROPERTY?

This has gotten so out of control anymore that it is jaw-dropping IMO...

I found the below paragraph the most interesting in relevance to this:

Eslocker and his ABC News colleagues are spending the week investigating the role of corporate lobbyists and wealthy donors at the convention for a series of Money Trail reports on ABC World News with Charles Gibson.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Land of the free?
Yeah right.

Enjoy your gilded cages, slaves.

The good news is that this isn't some Joe Schmuck with a camera... you're going to hear about this one (I hope).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And that my friends is why I heartily encourage all True Americans to be sure that they own a Non-registered firearm and have the willingness to use it. The Police are your neighbors one day and your tormentors the next. Be sure to place your unregistered weapons in a good hiding place and be sure you have ammunition.

And some blind and ignorant peeps out there still defend these extremely high paid gun toting security guard order following morons.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The sheriff's officer is seen telling Eslocker the sidewalk is owned by the hotel. Later he is seen pushing Eslocker off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic, forcing him to the other side of the street.

BULLS**T!

You learn a few things when you make your living as an engineer and one of those things is how to find parcel ownership information which is used in right of way acquisitions & boundary restrictions on roadway design.

I searched for the Brown Palace Hotel and found it was located at 321 17TH ST in Denver. I then did a quick Yahoo for +Denver +"Parcel Viewer" and found a link to Denver's city parcel resource page where I typed in the address. A quick search found the parcel and by chooseing the map options, I turned on the 2006 color aerial image overlay for the parcel which includes a very clear sidewalk & curb/gutter line for the streets surrounding the property. (The slight offset between the building & the parcel line is because of the 3/4 perspective used to shoot aerial flyovers combined with the elevation of the building's roof.)

Link

Unless this man was standing inside one of the three triangulation points (an old holdover from years ago when parcels technically ran to monument points located in the roadway on angles less than 30 degrees) he was clearly and blatently standing on publically owned, city, county, or state land paid for by taxpayers and I hope he sues their asses for violating the freedom of the press over this.

(EDITED TO ADD LINK TO DENVER PARCEL VIEWER WEBPAGE)

[edit on 27-8-2008 by burdman30ott6]

Mod edit: fixed large linking address using the proper tags

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Don't worry folks... David Lane, famous Denver Attorney, will be owning these losers in the very near future. The city of Denver will go broke paying their legal bills this coming year and Chickenpooper, the mayor, and Tax Ritter, the governor will be out of office soon, no re-elected nor will they progress in the Democratic party...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Excellent work!

In a day and time where media is so disgustingly controlled and spewing out propeganda like there's no tomorrow, for a few folks to actually go out on a limb and investigate this CRIMINAL CONGRESS of ours, then be bullied, harrassed and ARRESTED because of "rattling cages" of these crooks, is the ultimate travesty.

This is such a blatant violation of the "free" press (which for the most part is anything BUT free) that it is of the utmost importance that this be put out on every non-corporate owned site there is...

The Constitution has been vanishing before our eyes, and this is a glaring example of how this process is escalating and spiraling totally out of control!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

This is a case of censorship and harrassment. They wanted this guy out of the way for the short term. There's no way in hell that this charge is going to hold up in court.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is common. This is normal. This happens everyday. That is the state of the nation you live in. The press is censored and controlled. People get disappeared. You may of thought things like controlled media was restricted to Russia or China but it is just the same here as it is there. And that is now the way of things. If you get out of line the police will take you out. They will not face charges. They being of law enforcement are ABOVE the law.

Has that sunk in yet? They can beat you , mace you , and Taze you, and then you will be charged with resisting arrest and assault on a police officer. Then the news media will report it as though it is all your fault and that you are in the wrong. Because the police can do no wrong. Not even when they arrest the news media.

Their is no resistance. I see nobody fight back or organizing citizen patrols. When I watch people terrorized by police misconduct I normally see a whole bunch of people screaming and swearing but I never see anyone stand up to the cops and force them down as they force others down. I only see normal everyday police state business.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Look up the name Cory Voorhis, not only did he stand up, he kick their teeth in.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just looking at Officer Bruiser McThug there makes me think that he should be tested for steroids. I think all of the Denver cops that beat or harass people on the street should be like wise tested for steroid use. His actions were typical of what is called "roid rage".

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Did you actually think that possible known criminals would be allowed to be photographed by the higher ups in the DNP? Come now we already know several criminals with ties to Obama, do you think they would allow you to know any more?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Land of the free?
Yeah right.

Enjoy your gilded cages, slaves.

The good news is that this isn't some Joe Schmuck with a camera... you're going to hear about this one (I hope).

Indeed.

This caught my attention:

He also said the arrest followed a signed complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel.

Unless I hear something reasonable, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. (I stay there all of the time, and frankly always thought that hotel was over-rated and rather tired looking. Now I have a more substantive reason to change.)

:shk:

The video is atrocious...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think this is the location of the lunch known as the Legacy Circle where John Edwards' attorney Fred Baron -- the one who has been supporting Edwards' mistress out of the kindness of his heart -- was spotted attending LINK HERE for more info on the event:.

He is a major DNC contributor and apparently did not like being observed.

Baron, a longtime major contributor to Democratic candidates, would not answer questions from ABC News and walked away when he saw cameras.

edits: for link and typo
[edit on 27-8-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just saw the video......and I am pissed!

I hope every one of these guys loses their job....or at least has to be on parking duty for a few decades.

I find it funny they don't protect Brittney Spears from having her picture taken like that....when she is the one who needs it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All I can say is watch this video of your friendly Denver police.

www.youtube.com...

These cops slam this guys face into the street, breaking his teeth then lie in court. They charge the victim with 2nd degree assault.... UNTIL AN UNKNOWN VIDEO taken by a TV news crew shows what really happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
I find it funny they don't protect Brittney Spears from having her picture taken like that....when she is the one who needs it.

The really sad thing is I think the average American would be far more interested in seeing paparazi pictures of Britney's accidental vasheen exposure as she climbs out of an Escalade than they would in seeing pictures of exactly who our representatives are (im)morally and financially in bed with and taking policy setting "suggestions" from.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Yeah, I saw that one too.

Unbelievable. The sound of his teeth hitting the concrete is so horrible, I can actually still hear it clearly in my head.

Yikes!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder when neo/nazi con homeland security will imposse a ban on cameras in public. Soon we will only be aloud to walk about single file in public with our eyes held low so not to infringe anothers privacy by a simple glance.

No talking, keep your head down, hands at your sides, keep moving. A neo/nazi cons dream

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
well why do the "people " keep letting this happen?

why do they just take it without fighting back?

im really confused...

remember back 40years ago the black panthers would follow cops around with rifles to make SURE they didnt beat up black folks

wheres the panthers now?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join