It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9:02:08 on a black u.s. flag***mystery solved!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
THIS IS PROMOTION FOR HIP HOP ARTIST 'YOUNG JEEZY' NEW ALBUM 'THE RECESSION' COMING SOON

ON THE COVER AS WELL AS HIS NEW VIDEOS HE PORTRAYS BLACK AMERICAN FLAGS, EXPOSING GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION AND SIGNALING A 'CHANGE IN ATTITUDE' FOR AMERICANS FED UP WITH INCOMPETENCE.

This artist is HUGE in his hometown of Atlanta and worldwide, hence why this was seen in atlanta in original post.

link   
reply to post by Gypsss

I thought so, I seem to remember a preview for it somewhere. I could be wrong though. I am almost positive I heard about a follow up to 9-11 though.

link   
reply to post by ATSBreedsIgnorance

Black Flag was a killer punk band from the early 80's. They were headed by lead singer Henry Rollins, maybe you have heard of him?

I doubt they have anything to do with this, especially considering as far as I know they are no longer even a band.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

omg i loooooooooooooooooove rollins.

(and i'm not a dude or man
)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
okay...i'll check back when i get home. thanks, all. i'm getting more and more curious...hope i can find this corner.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

yeah I know who they are...and they accutally formed in 1977 in S. Cali and were part of the "hardcore" scene that lead to the 80's punk. Thanks for the info though. bad Brains was part of this also.

Black Flag

[edit on 27-8-2008 by ATSBreedsIgnorance]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by ATSBreedsIgnorance]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
its a promo for young jeezy's new album. its coming out on sept 2 08. he has the black flag in his new video

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gypsss

Haven't seen any, but am told by a music fanatic that that date is a major release date in the music world....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I enjoy reading all the stuff that gets posted on this site, but there is a simple answer to this, BAD BOY records...Young Jeezy's album apporiately titled 'The Recession' is released on 9.2.2008 which is a tuesday...check out the video...there is a huge black and white flag in the background.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
An album, movie, or TV show release date seems like the most likely candidate for this advertisement.

The Republican National Convention runs from September 1-4 though.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
okay my best guess:
Rage Against The Machine is getting back together and anouncing something big on that day.
they used the exact same flag design to help promote the album
Evil Empire
i was gonna post this earlier but i was worried about how it might scare some people.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Frankly, the way things are going in this country, the first thing I thought of is a not so subtle declaration of civil war.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
could it be the blackhawk flag? www.patriotoutfitters.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is something political. I saw a sticker like that on a car here in Charleston, WV right beside an Obama '08 sticker. Well thats my 2 cents!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

An anti-war concert headlined by Rage Against the Machine drew 9,000 fans to the Denver Coliseum.

Rage Against the Machine is planning a concert Sept. 3 in Minneapolis during the Republican National Convention.

The dates don't seem to match the sign....unless it's going to be a long sit-in.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was going to say, September 2nd is the second day of the Republican National Convention, and also the first day after Labor Day.

Could be warning of a protest? A dramatic demonstration by black block anarchist types? They always hit the Republican Convention harder than the Dem's .. heheh. Heck, I'd go protest if it was closer.

But anyways, thats all I can think of, something to do with the 2nd day of the convention. The black symbolizes negativity, but also anarchy (because it is symbolic of the 'black block' anarchist protester group), and strangely, unity but not american unity, some other form of unity?

I dont know..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gypsss

Hey I have not read a lot of posts. Where in Atlanta did she see this? I havent seen any of these anywhere if close I will def go check. U2U me.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, first off, whoever made up that flag can't count, as there are only 41 stars not 50. And for some reason my web browser won't view the 2nd image.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gypsss
has anyone seen these around? a friend saw one in atlanta today...

and there's one other i found on flickr...

promo for something? any significance to the date err...more likely a time?...do you think?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gypsss]

Do you honestly not know the answer to this?

Honestly?!

You're American! Surely you know the most important thing happening in your country at the moment??

Surely you can understand the symbolism of a black stars and stripes?

I'm British and I understood it straight away, it's absolutely obvious!

I'm only winding you up but I would presume (well, guess) it is something to do with the elections and showing support for Obama.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The flag has 41 stars, and 12 stripes, if that helps anyone.
So we lost 9 states and 1 of the original colonies.

Just wait for the numerologists-or-whatever to chime in..

It's probably nothing sinister.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join