It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those who still doubt planet x or nibiru exists 100% proof from nasa itself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
reply to post by saturnus1962

Did you try the link before starring?

Did you read the instructions before complaining? You must input "anonymous" as username and your email address as password so that they can send you a link when your retrieval is ready.

Although there are what appears to be many images, go ahead and click on one and see what happens.
It's just like I said because I already did my homework... 97 images released and no more out of over a million.

Wrong. There are hundreds in the link I gave you alone, just in the last month.

Moreover, coming from a NASA/government website... they won't post anything that will expose the truth.

Unproven handwaving.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
reply to post by ngchunter

Did you try opening up any images... YOU CAN'T! BEEN TRYING TO LOOK AT ONE PICTURE FROM THE SITE YOU GAVE US AND IT AIN'T HAPPENING.

You really should read the instructions on the website first before complaining. You're supposed to put in your username as "anonymous" and email address as password. Of course, I am assuming you figured out what to click on.

Although there is a list of images to choose from, go ahead and choose one and see what happens... then let me know what you found. Thanks!

I already know how to properly retrieve hubble data, thank you very much.

*Just in case you still don't believe me, I set up a request for one of the uranus blue channel images. When it's ready I'll post the link to the file here.

**Here is the FTP address for the uranus image I requested. u9zy0105m_drz.fits is the main image file:
stdatu.stsci.edu...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just to be clear:

Planet X: A name given to several theoretical planets over the years, which until recently had nothing whatsoever to do with a mysterious planet that some say will return in 2012.

For example, in the 1800s, astronomers searching for a planet beyond Neptune called their un-discovered planet "Planet X". Before that, astronomers searching for what eventually would be called Neptune called thier undiscovored planet "Planet X".

Niburu: As it was said above, Nibiru is a very specific thing, NOT a general un-discovered planet, such as was the use for the term "Planet X".

Nibiru is a planet that some say the ancient Sumerians knew about and even calculated its 3600-year orbit. People who believe in Nibiru say it will return in 2012, and many say it will bring havoc to the Earth.

So as you can see, Planet X and Nibiru should be two totally different things. I'm sure there are MANY MANY undiscovered large bodies out the in the Solar System -- who knows, maybe even a planet-sized object. However, those hypothetical "Planet X's" are not necessarily Nibiru.

In fact, Japanese Astronomers have calculated the possible orbit of a new "Planet X". They haven't actually discovered a planet yet, but they claim their calculations say it exists. However, this CANNOT be Nibiru, since the theoretical orbit of this new body stays outside of Neptune.

...and to the OP: I hope you do understand that the fact Nibiru shows up under "most popular searches" on the NASA website has nothing to do with NASA confirming the existence of Nibiru, it just means that a lot of people have used that word in a search.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I had completely forgotten about Eris, but that's also because you don't hear about it much. So this is still no evidence for the destroyer Nibiru.

I'm afraid it won't be proven till after 21-12-2012, even when a planetery object heading this way is discovered before then, we still won't know its devastating capacities.

So this remains a mystery.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnus1962
I'm afraid it won't be proven till after 21-12-2012,

You should be feeling the gravitational effects LONG before then, in fact you should be feeling them right now. It's not like a light switch that suddenly comes on right at midnight on December 21, 2012. The object supposedly has an orbit of 3600 years, so it should be very close to us even right now. If that were the case our ability to correctly predict the locations of the outer planets would be completely gone, telescopes would all be incapable of automatically finding things in the outer solar system.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Feeling in what sense? Gravitational pull? The last months I only gained weight so I'll need a lot of pull to get rid of it!

I've seen some semi documentaries about Nibiru, Even the colapse of bridges was traced back to Nibiru. I found a lecture on the Internet (Link) where the effects of Rris on other planets was showing right now (such as the warming of Neptune and Mars). But I'm not sure if these are scientific facts.

What I'm saying is that prove of Nibiru's devastating powers is not yet "official"to say the least

"my Nibiru thread"
link

[edit on 28/8/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thanks for that ngchunter. That is a good shot. Apparently, my similar response to LunarLooney was too snarkful for ATS.

Since I am also able to follow simple instructions I am enjoying the non-existent HST imagery to be found at the site.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Since I am also able to follow simple instructions I am enjoying the non-existent HST imagery to be found at the site.

Thanks, no problem. Maybe this process is more complicated than I gave it credit for. Let me give a detailed description of what to do exactly so everyone knows how to get at hubble data in the future. First, of course, you must find what you want on the list. Now click the far right link for that entry, under the "more info" column (if you click the other links it takes you to a search page for that region of space - you can fill in your own coordinates on that page if there's somewhere in the sky you want to explore with hubble archives
). Now click retrieve data below in the page that comes up. Now enter "anonymous" in "archive username" and your email address in "archive password." If you have an FTP fill out the info, if you don't, click the selection bubble for "STAGE: Put the data on the archive staging disc." Now click "Send retrieval request to ST-DADS" and let your tax dollars go to work for you. You'll recieve an email when the image is ready. The link in the email wrongly has http, so replace it with FTP and find the directory they assign to you in the email.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by ngchunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join