It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMMUNICATING THREATS OF VIOLENCE ON ATS…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
An e-mailed BIOTERRIST threat at an Anti-NAIS site was traced back by the monitor to a USDA computer assigned to Dr. Bret Combs

nonais.org...

I hope the monitors here are watch for this sort of thing. The government is not above using plants to cause disruption. Government agents are definitely monitoring the Anti-NAIS sites according to the site owners. We are periodically warned to watch what we say on line.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have been threatened in a U2U with physical harm. It's no big deal to me. In fact I sort of expect it from some of the knuckle dragging morons that frequent the political section. I goes with the territory so to speak.

A threat over the www. with anonymity; if anything, is just funny.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Funny until something actually happens.

Unfortunately from time to time... It does...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by whaaa

Really? How? What? I thought we were just electrons in cyber space with anonymity.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Really? How? What? I thought we were just electrons in cyber space with anonymity.

As an average user I do not worry about it, it would require some "skillz" to actually find me and the people that could do it would not be likely to bother, those people typically have lives. But if I was a high profile person, like a site owner/admin with more info scattered about yeah, it would worry me. There are some real nuts on this site. Then again in that situation it might be better to have the crazy threats broadcast loud and clear so as to be warned ahead of time.

But that is off topic, sorry the thread is about posting threats, and those are forbidden for good reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There was a thread recently in which some violent whacko was described in the newspapers as someone affiliated with ATS. Apparently he had a blog or something on some other pixel-place as well. I obviously don't remember all the details but I'd hate to see ATS shut down because some disturbed poster went over the edge and actually did something heinous in the real world. We'd all be guilty by association.

I frequently get people who have misinterpreted a point I was trying to make and I'll answer ONCE in an attempt to clarify but there's nothing to be gained by trying to "convert" someone to my way of thinking.

If they don't agree they can wallow in their ignorance.

This is a discussion forum, not a courtroom. If someone has posted something we don't like, alert the appropriate people. We've even been provided a convenience tool for doing so (complaint button) so that we can get back to the discussion and not be unduly distracted by petty arguments. I wonder sometimes if those threatening violence on the internet actually talk that way to real people that disagree with them in their daily life. And if so, how do they manage to stay out of jail?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by whaaa

Exactly the point being made. This is a very serious issue, and should be approached as such.

What prey tell is the difference between a threat uttered to my face, or over the Internet, I don't know where that threat originated from, it might be on the other side of the globe from me, then again, it might be right next door.

I would encourage posters to think about that, before yielding to the temptation to make such statements. The very anonymity that the Internet affords us, also has to make us take threats very seriously, because we don't know the source...

That's my take on it...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would suggest an exercise in the use of the ATS Search Function... If successful you may not like what you find...

Keyword Monkeys, not just for disturbing discoveries anymore...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The truth of a threat is often not seen in a post. You many say something kidding and it may get take serious. But then again, you may say something serious and someone thinks your joking. How can a person tell really when online.

The development online of your personality doesn't really reveal a whole lot. You can be threatened from others by just saying that you are a MOD, or something, you don't have to be throwing bombs around. Give power to some people and the do more harm just because they think they have power.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
1984 is here, and now prevails.

You will look upon the ATS screen and remain quiet, emotionlist, subdued by our branding and adverts, all for your own well being, and the well being of the human race. We are here to help you, awaken you,

We will scan your network device for deviant material bumping the mighty ATS complex and the masters. For we are the servants of the Archons, the rulers of your reality of this universe.

I hear
, see
and obey!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Fair comment we live in crazy times. I suppose ATS is under additional scrutiny due to Erad3 and the media interest.

Rgds

Y

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I personally would never threaten to hurt someone unless I could say it to their face, but I'm sure there are some who take pleasure in name calling and hurling insults at another poster, only because they know the other party can't get their hands on them! Those creeps really get under my skin, and I don't see anything wrong with letting them know this, just as long as I don't threaten them in any way.
As far as " freedom of speech" goes, there is no such thing, especially on a site where every post is monitored. I have to admit that although this can make suitable alternate words sometimes hard to find, without the monitoring any interesting and intelligent discussions would soon come to an end.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Ok did I miss something
indeed, I feel like lining some people up and shooting them sometimes, not to mention any names:
Politicians
Banksters
Pedophiles

But I aint got a gun!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is not bad enough that the world is at one another, we must do it here? Is ATS becoming like GLP?
Where one can not say his her peace of mind with out physical harm?
We are should better than this, we stand for Deny Ignorance, and violence is just that Ignorance.
If you Can not say something with out the threat of violence then do not say any thing at all. just my 2 cents worth

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This isn't about good ol' America. The world is bigger than us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I am glad ATS is recognizing this as a real problem.There have been several instances where someone(not gonna say who) actually made threats against the President.I am not a fan of his but you don't go around making threats like that much less on this forum.I asked them at the time to please stop and think and choose their words carefully because you never know when big brother is listening and watching.

Threats against the President of the United States is a crime. And it should be. That he has to deal with obstructionist Republicans, and disassociated Democrats is more then enough. He has a job to do, and now he's on the inside of the bubble, he sees just how difficult the job really is. And I wish him well.
edit on 15/11/11 by arbiture because: spelling screw-up.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by bunnytoes1973

Exactly. And here is a thought, to become a member of ATS should require a monthly payment, the public can view but not post, like it is now, but members should have to pay and Above Network could use the funds to hire fulltime MODS and end all the BS. I hate spending 30 min watching 2 punks bicker back and forth like lil girls arguing over what dress Barbie looks better in, and alot of members are doing just that, taking up so much of a thread that I finally lose interest and say SNIP it. ATS is worth a monthly fee, lot of wisdom and encouragement here- for me anyway- even the out of this world threads and over the top threads are mildly entertaining, but the arguing and hate has to go. I have no prob paying a MOD to handle the light work.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by whitewave

That will happen eventually no matter what, a false flag of sorts. TPTB ARE going to tighten our leashes soon enough. Until that day comes members need to ignore and report the ones who violate the T & C, and pay a monthly fee to help MODS with their supervision.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
While I am generally not one to turn down free money, I think members being willing to ALERT problem posts should be good enough to get us by.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have been an ATS member for a few years now, I usually check in twice a day, literally to see what is happening in the world.
A lot of the time it's business as usual.
I tend not to get into the threads about which an argument could go on and on, merely dependent upon the opinions of two parties.
I prefer my facts hard.
But still, it's easy to find things to be passionate about, even to take part in a civil debate quite acerbically, even venomously, without resorting to threats, unless of course, you cant.
Thus we come to what I consider the baseness of human nature, an exploitation of our last resort initiative, a reaction from the most primal place: violence.
I've never had to deal with it here, I'm happy to say.
All of my ATS experiences have been positive.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join