It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian bear? More like a cub with a lot to learn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Care to comment or share your thoughts on this at all? Do you agree disagree?

Personally I feel that Russia is carefully choosing who should or shouldn’t have ‘independence’ in that if the region can show that it will comply with Russia they can ‘do what they want’ with limitations.

If the breakaway shows signs that it wants to align themselves with say the US I am pretty sure Russia will not let them go their own way,,,,

In short, they know exactly what the are doing and the bear does indeed have teeth and claws.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Don’t you just hate how double posts sneak in…..

[edit on 27/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Underestimating Russia could have dire consequences. I am amazed by how many people are under the impression that Russia is weak and has not regained power wince the cold war.

Like him or not, Putin has done a BRILLIANT job rebuilding that country, and has gotten them to a position of world power once again.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The article is utterly misleading. It says that Russia has set the precedent for independence with recognizing S Ossetia and Georgia. False - the precedent was set when NATO declared Kosovo to be independent. S Ossetia and Abkhazia independence are the result of that earlier precedent.

Russia isn't really breaking any ground with recognizing S Ossetia and Abkhazia. This is not going to empower separatists within Russia (remaining Chechens rebels), because there aren't any anymore - and the ones who are left were reduced to scavenging bandits.

Don't think that Russia's recognition was an afterthought of the war. All consequences were carefully considered and weighted. The fact is - if the republics weren't recognized now - it would only spell more conflict in the future, possibly when Georgia becomes a member of NATO. Then it would be too late for Russia to intervene.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Although Russia is destined for the ash heap of history, it appears that on the way down they will nuke America into third world status. That's how I see events happening. In fact it's all been prophesied in great detail some 2500 years ago by Ezekiel in the Bible.

Here is the prophesied nuclear destruction of both Russia and the U.S.
from Ezekiel 39:6,

I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the LORD.

This will pave the way for the one world government under the control of the EU or perhaps the Mediterranean union.

So ignore the Russian nuke threat at your own peril. Of course the Russian dictators actually care about their people enough to build bomb shelters. The US government only builds shelter for the US government elites. The useless eaters can just die by their philosophy.

new topics

top topics

join