It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible mark of the beast is not 666 it 600606

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
it clearly states six hundred threescore six thats 600606 not 666
where did 666 come from it could also be 600-60-6
900 90 9 600 60 6 or 600-60-6 flipped upside down could be a birthday 9-09-009 maybe

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The number of the Beast is actually factually 616, and was simply a number used by the Jews to refer to Roman Emperors in there writings as to avoid persecution.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well one thing is for sure. The beast is going to be a human.

And an other thing that is for sure is that ouer way of life is going to creat him
like ouer system has done many times before.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
doublr post

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Lethil]

link   
yah it just refers to mr nero...the crazy bugger....

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Lethil]

link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

Um ....... what? Are you serious?

That's to say that the year 1984 is actually 1900 80 4

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmm... I believe it is actually 616.

The number you've proposed doesn't fit any theological study I'm familiar with, but if you have any official academic sources I'd love to look at them.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let me school you all...

The mark is not the number. The image is not the mark or the number.

And ppl keep overlooking the COUNT. PPl look at the number as is, but dont count it. Count it does not exclusively mean add. The count can be an add, divide, multiply, and/or subtract. Only the wise would know what to do.

Anyhow, the mark and image and counted number been initiated and is been played.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i looked up what threescore means on google an wikipedia it means the number 60 so it is 600 60 6

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When Daniel had his glimpse of the future, what did he see that can best be decribed and understood by Biblical man?
There are some that believe 666 could also be WWW, since W is the same as V which, I believe, is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In coine Greek [I'm not sure about modern Greek], which is the Greek that the Bible was written in, a multi-digit number was often stated by it's parts. For example, if I wanted to say, 'take 78 steps to the right' I would say, 'take 70 and eight steps to the right.' This is true in many languages today. In german for example, 4197 is literally spoken as, four-thousand and one-hundred, and seven and nintey.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
it clearly states six hundred threescore six thats 600606 not 666
where did 666 come from it could also be 600-60-6

John the Revelator, i recall he wrote about the 'vision' in Greek,

saw the number which was 600 = six hundred
followed by 'Three Score'
followed by 6 = six

what was the symbol for a mathematical 'Score' in his time,
in modern thought a 'score' is equal to a count of 20
thus: 600, 20,20,20,6... which equals a series of 10 digits (area code & phone number? as in-> 600-202-0206)

on the other hand the term 'score' might not be the numberical equivelent...
lets say the symbol for the 'set' called a 'score' might be 'P'...
then we would write out the 'mark of the beast' as;
600 PPP 6 or from an observers viewpoint looking at the 'mark' on someone's hand it would look like 9 ddd 009
from the wearers point of view or if the wearer held up their fist.

It really matters just how the mark is situated on ones hand as to whom it would appear as 666 rather than 999 (as example only).
a 666 'mark' on ones forehead will have a different set of conditions in which the 'mark' would still be recognizable in whatever pattern it takes.

i respect your looking at a subject in a different light, rather than swallowing the '666' illusions

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

is said its the the number of a man the way you put it could be a social sec number

[edit on 27-8-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Wasn't 'score' just the King James translation? (meaning twenty)

Anybody know what the original text said?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There's always Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
biblical lore is one of my areas of interest, especially prophetical texts.

so, of course, i did some research on the number of the beast.

let's start with the oldest possible references:

-According to historical record, the sumerian, akkadian and babylonian number system was base 12 (or six). i believe this was because the 'gods' and their hybrid offspring (nephilim) had 6 fingers (on each hand), as opposed to human equivalent with base 10 (or five), because we have 5 fingers (on each hand).

-The babylonian system is part of the beast system, as pointed out by the statue in the old testament book of Daniel, which describes history as a statue composed of various empires, starting with the babylonian empire and working forward in time. The statue of Nebuchadnezzar is sixty cubits high and six cubits wide. it was worshipped while playing six instruments.

-Using numerology, it equals "roman" in both biblical languages (hebrew and greek).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
biblical lore is one of my areas of interest, especially prophetical texts.

so, of course, i did some research on the number of the beast.

let's start with the oldest possible references:

-According to historical record, the sumerian, akkadian and babylonian number system was base 12 (or six). i believe this was because the 'gods' and their hybrid offspring (nephilim) had 6 fingers (on each hand), as opposed to human equivalent with base 10 (or five), because we have 5 fingers (on each hand).

-The babylonian system is part of the beast system, as pointed out by the statue in the old testament book of Daniel, which describes history as a statue composed of various empires, starting with the babylonian empire and working forward in time. The statue of Nebuchadnezzar is sixty cubits high and six cubits wide. it was worshipped while playing six instruments.

-Using numerology, it equals "roman" in both biblical languages (hebrew and greek).

This is the best explanation I have heard by far!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Well one thing is for sure. The beast is going to be a human.
[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

www.scatteredsheep.com...

Take a look at this. Even this says it's a man. But I see a government which meets all the requirements of the anti-christ. Combine this with the fact that first beast was the catholic church and I do believe looking for a specific man is wrong wrong wrong.

Afterall, does it really matter who is elected president?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

no, the first beast empire was babylon, followed by media persian empire, followed by grecian empire, followed by pagan rome, followed by a combo of rome and something else (the holy roman).

this is where daniel's beasts stop and the beasts of revelation pick up at number 5, which just repeats itself, 3 more times (6th empire...what comes after holy roman? 7th empire, what comes after that? and finally, the beast empire that ends it all, the 8th). the beast that was, is not, and yet is, is the 5th empire incognito. the papacy is still in control of the planet.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by undo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join