It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to Renew Nuclear Programme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

North Korea Threatens to Renew Nuclear Programme

www.csmonitor.com

North Korea threatened Tuesday to renew its nuclear weapons program. Pyongyang says that the United States has reneged on its promise to remove North Korea from the state sponsors of terrorism list, while Washington responded that it wants independent verification of the country's nuclear disarmament. North Korea also announced this week that it "suspended disabling" its nuclear facilities on Aug. 14.

The announcement escalates tensions and threatens to throw the six-party disarmament talks with North Korea and its neighbors into disarray. It comes just two months after the government demolished the cooling tower at its Yongbyon nuclear facility, hidden in a mountain range 60 miles north of the capital, before a crowd of international journalists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.washingtonpost.com
afp.google.com

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As usual, there are two sides here, with the N.Koreans insisting that further inspections demanded by the US will infringe on its sovereignty, and the US failing to remove NK from it's axis of evil *cough* list until NK complies.

Just what the hell is wrng with these people?

Why do they have to keep pushing and pushing until everything blows up in their face?

NK had given the US what they wanted - the US responded by demanding more.

Now NK have suspended their programme.

It doesn't take a great brain to know that NK are doing this because they NEED the rest of the world.

But some aren't pleased until they not only get their pound of flesh, but get an extra pound as well.

THIS IS WHY THE WEST HAS SO MANY ENEMIES, and why so many countries hate the west.

It's not enough to get what we want, there has to be some sick ritual humiliation involved as well.

Did we learn so little from two world wars?

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I completely agree its crap. I was suprised when NK gave in at all.
If I was them Id do the same thing to protect myself.
The USA never kept their end of the deal.

new topics

join