It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Africa Command going fully operational Oct. 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

MIAMI, Aug. 26, 2008 – Along with U.S. Africa Command going fully operational Oct. 1, the Defense Department will reach another milestone as U.S. Southern Command completes a major reorganization that also promotes joint, interagency and even private- and public-sector cooperation. The concept supports universal agreement among President Bush, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, Joint Chiefs Chairman Navy Adm. Mike Mullen, the service chiefs and the combatant commanders that the military can’t tackle 21st-century security challenges alone. The 2008 National Defense Strategy, released July 31, reflects in its first update since 2005 the importance of interagency as well as interservice and international cooperation to face today’s and tomorrow’s challenges. “We are working to create an organization that can best adapt itself to working with the interagency, with our international partners and even with the private-public sector,” said Navy Adm. James Stavridis, SouthCom commander. “And we want to do it in a way that is completely supportive of all our partners. “If I would put one word on it, it’s partnership,” he continued. “That is our [SouthCom] motto -- Partnership for the Americas – and our objective is to become the best possible international, interagency partner we can be.”
www.defenselink.mil... www.africom.mil... and www.southcom.mil... and

the us headquarters for ussouthcom is located in miami and northcom is headquartered in colorado. please take a look at this map and tell me what you think of commanders area of responsiblity especially in alaska.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And just as Rome, we will depend on mercenaries for our defense.

Next will be citizenship for illegals if they serve with the military.

Soon after, they will become the barbarians that sac the nation.

CX

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I read Africom's site, and it reminded me of a video i watched last year.

Africa...US oils next target

I especially liked this bit from thier site...

The creation of U.S. Africa Command does not mean the U.S. military will take a leading role in African security matters, nor will it establish large U.S. troop bases

I'll check back on that statement in a few years time as this all sounds far too familiar.

CX.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

since all our troops (500,000) are deployed aboard, in case of an attack (fabricated by Bush) on us soil who do you think is going to defend us?

SPP Background

The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) was launched in March of 2005 as a trilateral effort to increase security and enhance prosperity among the United States, Canada and Mexico through greater cooperation and information sharing. This trilateral initiative is premised on our security and our economic prosperity being mutually reinforcing. The SPP recognizes that our three great nations are bound by a shared belief in freedom, economic opportunity, and strong democratic institutions. The SPP provides the framework to ensure that North America is the safest and best place to live and do business. It includes ambitious security and prosperity programs to keep our borders closed to terrorism yet open to trade. The SPP builds upon, but is separate from, our long-standing trade and economic relationships. It energizes other aspects of our cooperative relations, such as the protection of our environment, our food supply, and our public health.
www.spp.gov...

Welcome to the North American Union

[edit on 27-8-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Military service has been a popular way of gaining US citizenship for a while. I have several soldiers that are not citizens. I say more power to them. If they want to be citizens enough to serve the country, then I say they've proved themselves. More than most natural-born Americans can say.

If we could fill the ranks with real Americans then I think that would be the answer. But since fewer than 1/10th of 1% of Americans are willing to step up to the plate, well, someone has to do it.

There are restrictions, of course, but you might be suprised at how many of our soldiers are not citizens of the United States.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

500,000 isnt even half of our military, our military numbers over 2,000,000; nearly 3 million actually.

1.4 million active and 1.4 million reserve.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by namehere]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

sorry about that. i should have said a total of 500,000 troops are abroad.....................but still it's nice to know we have as many as you say. shabby in comparison to china's.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

guess what they do offer it I have seen it first hand.
Just thought you should know.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this is a map of global commander's area of responsibility

and discussed in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join