It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi, for my 1st post i would like to discuss Flying. Humans flying. I know its possible. Has anyone ever achieved even a few feet off the ground?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You can achieve a few feet of the ground by jumping, that's not flying, nor is levitation. I also assume you mean without the aid of a chute, kite or other apparatus. So, no. Not whilst wearing this fleshy bag we call a body.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyff

How do you know it's possible? I have to ask because you put that in there so gently, yet is one of the most astounding claims I've read on this site today, and that's saying something

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well I believe theres a deep feeling inside of all of us that makes us wonder and believe that our lives are supposed to mean something. And to believe that is to choose not to limit ourselves by the restrictions of the beliefs of society and to have no boundaries because anything is possible. Society tells us the telekinesis isn't possible,telepathy,Flying,etc. but if we let go of all doubt, fear and disbelief we can achieve something greater than that in which society wants us to. For example Evolution is bound to happen but in what form? The media tells us its in a physical form or in technological advances because if we believe that evolution is not limited to what can be explained by scientists, then theres no telling what we can achieve. Some people choose to experience the extents of possibility through telekinesis, telepathy, etc. But i choose to believe that flying is possible because everything else is possible. For example think about the radio waves, cell phones etc. They emit invisible rays through our atmosphere but what if we can use to that same type energy combined with an immense belief and will power to levitate? Using energy and matter to move ourselves through the air. Is that really impossible?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by randyff]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There have been cases of documented levitation throughout history. There were a couple fairly well known religious figures that were seen by dozens of witnesses to rise up in the air and fly all over the room. Many of the Indian Yogi's are said to have levitational powers as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's a quick little read on the subject of past levitations and possibilities of future abilities:

goldendome.org...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
for me it comes from he legs but others are different

and your link is bad Detective

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
IT all depends on your deffinition of flying if u mean the physical body off the flor then no but i can astral project i've been doing this for a number of years to start with i ended up here there and anywhere but now i have my mind and spirit trained to go where i want when i want. have you ever dreamt that you where falling and the woke with a start well that is your spirit returning to your body afer astral projecting there are a number of sites you can look at to train yourself to do this this is just one of them. theoutofbodyexperience.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well if astral projection is possible flying must also be possible

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by derangedinsanity
IT all depends on your deffinition of flying if u mean the physical body off the flor then no but i can astral project i've been doing this for a number of years to start with i ended up here there and anywhere but now i have my mind and spirit trained to go where i want when i want. have you ever dreamt that you where falling and the woke with a start well that is your spirit returning to your body afer astral projecting there are a number of sites you can look at to train yourself to do this this is just one of them. theoutofbodyexperience.blogspot.com...

Are you kidding me?! If you believe in astral travel (which sounds like a crazy ghost-ish theory to me) where your soul leaves your body
, levitation has to be possible if astral projection is possible too

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by derangedinsanity

If you believe in astral travel where your soul leaves your body, levitation has to be possible if astral projection is possible too. Why not?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by randyff]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyff

If you believe in astral travel where your soul leaves your body, levitation has to be possible if astral projection is possible too. Why not?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by randyff]

when your in an astral state you are energy, not matter, so moving around would be easier. when flying your mind as to release your body from gravities hold from you. both very possible but different

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thats the point im trying to make. Astral Travel uses a different type of energy. Levitation is possible but with a different type of energy.

join