It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO Squares over Egypt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok, this is my first time using flash Earth, but I noticed something in Egypt in NASA's "daily updated" images that's not present in other maps.

By Gorman91

What are these squares? They're not censored map parts, as you can see them in other formats, but they're big black squares.

www.flashearth.com...

They're West of the nile.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I only see them when i select NASA as the map source.
And they look like they been drawn on the map.
All the other maps are clear of them.
So it's interesting that it only seem's to be on NASA's maps.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

that's why I posted it, because those are daily updated. So that means it's from today.

I got a reminiscent feeling of cloaking or something, so that's what inclined me to post it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah those rectangle artifacts are seen in other parts of the image as well. Whatever it is, is part of the original image, because there is smoothing/dithering occuring when you zoom way in. Perhaps these retouched for whatever reason.. Do these rectangles appear in the same place every day? If these are retouched to hide some military installation, they are having the opposite effect and drawing attention to these locations. I know that some countries do no allow published aerial photos of their military assets, but there is no way to tell if this is the case without a survey or some other reference.

top topics

join