It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[PHOTO] This is the new ID CARD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Below is a picture of the new ID card that we have been hearing so much about. Excuse me if this has already been seen. I searched the site and didnt come up with anything.

Notice how it (comically) says "Happy Traveler" as the name. Also, notice the guys date of birth, then look at the photo. He must have smoked alot as a kid.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a conspiracy...

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn

It is a sample card and as such, has data entered that would make it difficult for someone to use... On a more ominous note... The date of issue is my birthday (month and day)... I feel like Neo with his ominous passport expiration...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I wasnt saying that his name was a conspiracy. lol. I was just pointing out how Corny the State Department can be. But I thought it would be nice to let everyone see what thier new ID was going to look like....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Will the ID card replace the passport?

Or will it be of use in the US only?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

It says that this is a passport. It is wallet sized, and is in many ways similar to a state ID (driver's license, etc). I am not sure if this is going to REPLACE the passport though. Maybe someone out here has more info on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The passport card is really designed for people who travel internationally constantly - although anyone is eligible to pay the extra money to get one.

The largest population (the State Dept. is assuming) that will use these is people in border states who go to Canada and Mexico for work/ daily business/ etc.

*Edit to say "real" passports will still be the norm for the average traveller like myself.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers .

Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder why they are even doing this to begin with. Yeah, it is convenient to have a wallet sized passport, but woulnt it be easier to forge?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

The wallet passports hold all the information in an RFID based chip. I'm not sure how easy it would be to forge those?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Would that make them invalid if they got too close to a magnetic source?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, magnets will not destroy RFID chips. The most common methods I have heard of (although have not tried personally) are microwaving, and physical destruction such as hammer-to-chip or scratching through the transmitting areas on a chip.

An easier method would be to use some kind of blocking. I hate to say it, but it really does make life easier when travelling internationally (although you don't get the cool stamps anymore
) You can google how to make or buy blocking tools and wallets pretty easily - they all seem to be based on the use of aluminum foil.

new topics

top topics

join